Obligatory topic: Is this game any good?

#1 Posted by Seedofpower (3925 posts) -

I don't remember how many times I've asked this question. Has anyone played this game and if so is it any good? I'm always looking for a new RTS and this just came out. I played APOX their previous game but that game was dead in the water when I got there. This one looks fairly better and I'm hoping for something to scratch my RTS itch.

#2 Posted by IgnisPhaseOne (56 posts) -

It looks a lot like dawn of war 2, without all the pesky cover and randomness that I don't like (and I'm not a fan of the gritty space marine thing anyways).

From what I've seen from the trailer, you don't gather resources (or it's not that important), you manage a base and a few upgrades, and make units and attack people.

The other example I can think of would be command and conquer 4. But the problem with that game was that they tried to build in all sorts of "xp progession" BS just to unlock the most basic shit.

#3 Posted by Seedofpower (3925 posts) -

@IgnisPhaseOne said:

It looks a lot like dawn of war 2, without all the pesky cover and randomness that I don't like (and I'm not a fan of the gritty space marine thing anyways).

From what I've seen from the trailer, you don't gather resources (or it's not that important), you manage a base and a few upgrades, and make units and attack people.

The other example I can think of would be command and conquer 4. But the problem with that game was that they tried to build in all sorts of "xp progession" BS just to unlock the most basic shit.

Did you play the game?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.