Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Turok

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jan 31, 2008

In this unsuccessful reboot of the Turok franchise, space marine Joseph Turok must hunt down his former mentor and fight for survival on an alien planet filled with hostile soldiers, genetically-engineered dinosaurs, and other dangerous monsters.

First Impressions: Turok

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Edited By UnlivedPhalanx
    Turok Screenshot
    I saw this game for $19.99 at a bargain bin at my local Best Buy here in San Antonio and I had wanted to try this game out for a while, but not for full price. After playing for about 2 hours, I have some initial impressions about exactly how this game is gonna turn out:

+Plus+
    +The game starts off almost exactly like Halo's first level after the initial cut scene. I don't know how to describe it, but it just felt exactly like that opening level where you as Masta Cheef rush to get to the bridge, it was kind of like that but in reverse because you were trying to get out of the ship.
    + Fighting Dinosours is really awesome at first, but then becomes a huge chore.
    + You run faster with a knife.
    + Unreal Engine makes things purdy.

--Minus--
    -Knife beats EVERYTHING! One hit kills for everything that I've seen so far in the game.
    -Bow is NOT a stealth weapon.
    -AI is useless for friendlies.
    -Frustrating checkpoint system makes mistakes a big deal.
    -You learn all of the above the hard way
    UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx
    Turok Screenshot
    I saw this game for $19.99 at a bargain bin at my local Best Buy here in San Antonio and I had wanted to try this game out for a while, but not for full price. After playing for about 2 hours, I have some initial impressions about exactly how this game is gonna turn out:

+Plus+
    +The game starts off almost exactly like Halo's first level after the initial cut scene. I don't know how to describe it, but it just felt exactly like that opening level where you as Masta Cheef rush to get to the bridge, it was kind of like that but in reverse because you were trying to get out of the ship.
    + Fighting Dinosours is really awesome at first, but then becomes a huge chore.
    + You run faster with a knife.
    + Unreal Engine makes things purdy.

--Minus--
    -Knife beats EVERYTHING! One hit kills for everything that I've seen so far in the game.
    -Bow is NOT a stealth weapon.
    -AI is useless for friendlies.
    -Frustrating checkpoint system makes mistakes a big deal.
    -You learn all of the above the hard way
    Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Discorsi

I was thinking of getting this game and from the deo it seemed like the knife was hella cheap.  Still gona pick it up but thanks for the impression ;p

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Absolutely hated that game

1/5

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Artie

-It's Turok.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

you should've mentioned the aim assist. THERE IS NONE.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pause422

I thought that game was mediocre at best, looking at it only as a game. But then when you look at it as another Turok FPS, its completely pathetic how they ruined everything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.