Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Turtles

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released 1981

Help the turtles carry their babies to safety. Watch out for the evil beetles!

Past, Present, Future

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Edited By sweep  Moderator

Oogway the Turtle:

"The past is a history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."  

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since my last blog so I should probably catch you lot up to speed. 

THE PAST 

I went to visit my parents for Christmas, leaving behind both PC and Xbox in a snap decision that I quickly came to regret. I spent about a week using my brothers laptop to scan for steam deals, none of which caught my eye, and to check giantbomb for festive shenanigans. I drove from Bournemouth, where I am at university, to my Dad's house and then, on christmas day, over to my Mums. The drive was interesting, as I had to cruise down quite a few small country roads that were pretty icy and, not having a wealth of driving experience, I was a little worried that I would fuck something up in the frosty conditions. However this journey paled in comparison to the drive back yesterday evening which culminated the elements in a nightmarish concoction of Ice, wind, rain, snow and fog. Perhaps the worst conditions I have ever driven in, so bad that I frequently found myself missing turns in the road purely because I couldn't see them. As a fresh driver I found the entire experience quite terrifying and, having arrived at my Dads house without incident, I bought myself Bad Company 2 Vietnam as a small reward for having survived. The maps contained within are fucking excellent, I might add, bringing back my love of Vietnam war films in a rapid torrent. Within the hour I was falling asleep to the legendary Hamburger Hill.
    Divorced parents are a bitch to negotiate between but, on the plus side, double presents! And that segues nicely into my next topic: 

No Caption Provided

THE PRESENT 

Or rather "Presents" as I was fortunate enough to receive more than one. My mum bought me a SatNav for my car, an item I find myself automatically referring to as my minimap. I also got given Cataclysm, which I'm not really sure was a good idea, but as my Warrior is now level 55 i'm going to need it sooner rather than later. The momentum I have for World Of Warcraft is definitely waning, though I'm finding Battlegrounds a lot more enjoyable as a Protection Warrior and i'm far from burnt out with the game. Other presents included money from my dad (enough to fund my new years eve) and a bottle of Vodka from my brother which will no doubt result in a hilariously forced drunken blog at some point in the near future. As for games i'm mostly playing Bad Company 2 at the moment, though my brother and I have played a ridiculous amount of Black Ops: Zombies over the past week - Black Ops being the only split-screen co-op game that we had the foresight to take with us while visiting the old parentals. Working as a pair we managed to get to round 15 fairly consistently, though without the other two players it made defending a single room fairly difficult so we frequently were overwhelmed. Our best strategy was to pick the downstairs route and get to the third room (up the stairs at the end of the outside bit) where one person could defend the stairs and the other would defend the two windows - though without the upgraded weapons you are almost certainly doomed to fail before you reach level 18. I think the highest level we got to was about 22, which isn't bad for 2 players playing Co-Op on a 20" screen. Ideally you get some decent weapons and then constantly stay on the move, setting off traps, auto-turrets and placing claymores and monkeys. We shall continue to strive for perfection and report back once the plan has been finalized. 

No Caption Provided

THE FUTURE 

I'm off to London for New Years Eve where I shall be attending a pub and then a houseparty and then probably wondering around drunkenly trying not to get hit by traffic, as per usual. Having spent far too many bones the previous couple of New Years Eves I shall be playing it fairly safe this time with a slightly more economic approach, but no doubt we shall be thoroughly messy regardless. To those of you off adventuring with the similarly inebriated I wish you the best of luck. Godspeed, young champions! 

No Caption Provided

Thanks For Reading 
    Love Sweep
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Oogway the Turtle:

"The past is a history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."  

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since my last blog so I should probably catch you lot up to speed. 

THE PAST 

I went to visit my parents for Christmas, leaving behind both PC and Xbox in a snap decision that I quickly came to regret. I spent about a week using my brothers laptop to scan for steam deals, none of which caught my eye, and to check giantbomb for festive shenanigans. I drove from Bournemouth, where I am at university, to my Dad's house and then, on christmas day, over to my Mums. The drive was interesting, as I had to cruise down quite a few small country roads that were pretty icy and, not having a wealth of driving experience, I was a little worried that I would fuck something up in the frosty conditions. However this journey paled in comparison to the drive back yesterday evening which culminated the elements in a nightmarish concoction of Ice, wind, rain, snow and fog. Perhaps the worst conditions I have ever driven in, so bad that I frequently found myself missing turns in the road purely because I couldn't see them. As a fresh driver I found the entire experience quite terrifying and, having arrived at my Dads house without incident, I bought myself Bad Company 2 Vietnam as a small reward for having survived. The maps contained within are fucking excellent, I might add, bringing back my love of Vietnam war films in a rapid torrent. Within the hour I was falling asleep to the legendary Hamburger Hill.
    Divorced parents are a bitch to negotiate between but, on the plus side, double presents! And that segues nicely into my next topic: 

No Caption Provided

THE PRESENT 

Or rather "Presents" as I was fortunate enough to receive more than one. My mum bought me a SatNav for my car, an item I find myself automatically referring to as my minimap. I also got given Cataclysm, which I'm not really sure was a good idea, but as my Warrior is now level 55 i'm going to need it sooner rather than later. The momentum I have for World Of Warcraft is definitely waning, though I'm finding Battlegrounds a lot more enjoyable as a Protection Warrior and i'm far from burnt out with the game. Other presents included money from my dad (enough to fund my new years eve) and a bottle of Vodka from my brother which will no doubt result in a hilariously forced drunken blog at some point in the near future. As for games i'm mostly playing Bad Company 2 at the moment, though my brother and I have played a ridiculous amount of Black Ops: Zombies over the past week - Black Ops being the only split-screen co-op game that we had the foresight to take with us while visiting the old parentals. Working as a pair we managed to get to round 15 fairly consistently, though without the other two players it made defending a single room fairly difficult so we frequently were overwhelmed. Our best strategy was to pick the downstairs route and get to the third room (up the stairs at the end of the outside bit) where one person could defend the stairs and the other would defend the two windows - though without the upgraded weapons you are almost certainly doomed to fail before you reach level 18. I think the highest level we got to was about 22, which isn't bad for 2 players playing Co-Op on a 20" screen. Ideally you get some decent weapons and then constantly stay on the move, setting off traps, auto-turrets and placing claymores and monkeys. We shall continue to strive for perfection and report back once the plan has been finalized. 

No Caption Provided

THE FUTURE 

I'm off to London for New Years Eve where I shall be attending a pub and then a houseparty and then probably wondering around drunkenly trying not to get hit by traffic, as per usual. Having spent far too many bones the previous couple of New Years Eves I shall be playing it fairly safe this time with a slightly more economic approach, but no doubt we shall be thoroughly messy regardless. To those of you off adventuring with the similarly inebriated I wish you the best of luck. Godspeed, young champions! 

No Caption Provided

Thanks For Reading 
    Love Sweep
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By demontium

So..... this is the ending of inception..... 

the top fell!

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Red12b

good photo man,  

New Years...hmm, well, just spent roughly $500 on a road trip getting sloshed and sunburnt, I think this year is going to be a quiet one with mates and me dad with good music pumping through the sound system, which to be honest beats the headbut to the eye socket I received at the pub last year, 

so, yeah, all good.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Red12b

Also, thought I'd share a few Remixes I found down in my RT 

Both are quite amazing 

Have a listen, let me know if you like em
    wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By wunder_

Beers!

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, this blog is related to Turtles? How? You do realize that you can attach blogs to users now, right? Now your blogs can be related to Sweep Sweep.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Tireyo

Right down from the patties, the condiments, and the buns, you are really something else Sweep. Do us all a favor though and hold off on the pickles. It makes you all acidic and/or sour.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

I usually spend the evening with my Wife on New Year's Eve. I have a few adult beverages, and we watch the ball drop. Peace Sweep, be safe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.