A smaller take on the popular Twisted Metal
franchise and developed by the original team
, Twisted Metal: Small Brawl has remote-controlled cars with weapons attached taking the place of the normal sized vehicular combat. The story revolves around a young Billy Calypso
bullying kids around the neighborhood into his RC car competition.
Characters/Vehicles Crimson Fury
- A British child who pretends to be a secret agent. Agent Stone wishes to thwart Calypso's evil plans and bring an end to his misdeeds. Hammerhead
- A punk rock-loving teen who wants to become the world's greatest rock star. Mr. Grimm
- A Halloween-obsessed child who wishes to find the mythical Halloween Land where it's Halloween everyday. Slam
- The tallest and oldest kid in the competition, Slam wants revenge for Calypso destroying his beloved treehouse. Outlaw
- The son of a police officer, driver Officer Roberts intends to bring Calypso to justice. Shadow
- A bit of a science nerd, Mortimer wants to get his pet frog back which was stolen by Calypso. Spectre
- A shy, withdrawn child who only wishes to find his long, lost father. Sweet Tooth
- The youngest of the competitors, Sweet Tooth
enters Twisted Metal simply to satisfy his sweet tooth. Thumper
- Two "cool kids" who enter the competition hoping to get the ultimate sound system. Twister
- A thrill-seeking lass, Twister hopes to find the fastest, most adrenaline-inducing ride. Warthog
- A chubby kid with an interest for all things militant, Warthog
hopes to get revenge on Calypso for being picked on for so long.
Unlockable Characters/Vehicles Note: These characters do not have an ending. Axel
- A two-wheeled RC car held by an action figure attached in the middle. Axel
enters Twisted Metal simply to show-off his two-wheeled RC car held by an action figure attached in the middle. Darkside
- Entering the competition for unknown reasons, driver Jimmy Ash
's toy semi truck holds the strongest defense in the game. Mime
- An actress who mimics her competitors' special abilities to get on their nerves. Trapper
- An RC car that resembles a jeep normally used for jungle expeditions. Serves as the game's mid-boss. A smaller version can be unlocked. Piecemeal
- A large RC car that is built from the parts of the other RC cars in the competition. Serves as the game's final boss. A smaller version can be unlocked.
- Was originally going to be called Twisted Metal Kids.
- Was originally planned to be developed for the PS2. Dropped for unknown reasons.
- Axel was intended to be unlocked from the start and had an ending movie already made for him, but was removed due to possible offense to paraplegics and African Americans.