On sale, worth picking up?

#1 Posted by Wampa1 (710 posts) -

Now that it's on sale for £15.99 i was thinking about finally picking this up. But is the online dead now?

#2 Posted by csl316 (8964 posts) -

The game's fun, but I couldn't tell you how the multiplayer community is. The single player is still a good time, though.

#3 Posted by HistoryInRust (6335 posts) -

Online is still active enough to get some play in. That's a fantastic price for an otherwise underrated throwback game.

#4 Posted by Wampa1 (710 posts) -

@HistoryInRust: Just because I won't have anyone interested in local play. Will the Single player mode keep me occupied for a few hours at least?

#5 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Wampa1: So the single player is cool, but the heart of the game is the Multiplayer. However, the multiplayer is just fucked up, they never fixed anything to do with that game. I tried to play it online a few months ago, I spent 30 minutes. trying to get into a game, in the end I gave up. When you DO get into a game though, it's actually a whole lot of fun and worth the price.

#6 Posted by Wampa1 (710 posts) -

@Hizang: So it's not so much that the community isn't there, it just has terrible matchmaking?

#7 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Wampa1: When I tried a few months ago I would say there were about 18 people online, this was on a Saturday night. Those 18 people are probably still there, but there probably the kind of people who play it all the time.

#8 Posted by Chango (527 posts) -

It's a fantastic game, but it lives or dies based on the multiplayer community (single player is decent at most), I haven't touched the game since launch so I can't help you there.

#9 Edited by HadesTimes (812 posts) -

The game is fun, it just bothers me that the multiplayer is broken enough for Jaffe to complain about it every time he's at a convention.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.