Share some demo strategies.

#1 Posted by Centimani (550 posts) -

Having never indulged the series before, I came in with no game plan in mind. After a few days I've worked out some solid strategies.

• Fights in this game are about volume. Before attacking someone do a lap around and fill up on missiles, shotgun blasts, whatever you like. The roof and yards of the schools are excellent places for this. Find what you prefer and memorize the spawn locations.
  • You can change the minimap size in the options. It is VERY helpful to see more of the area.
  • Each landmark building holds a health pick-up. That's the theater, hospital, supermarket, both schools, church, courthouse, and mansion. You'll never build killstreaks without knowing where to heal up.
  • When defending, stock up on missiles and SAVE THEM. Between the homing and fire missiles you can hold enough to destroy a nuke by yourself. This is especially effective in the helicopter.
  • When playing the Reaper (motorcycle), always be charging your flame saw with a wheelie. To ensure a hit, freeze your target with the freeze missile (D-PAD UP) then take a moment to line things up right. At full charge this can one-shot the weaker vehicles. Works especially well while being chased, quick turn a 180 and freeze the attacker, immediately flame-saw them. Follow up with a shotgun blast or some missiles. In the same vein, don't underestimate motorcycles. They can turn a chase into your death in an instant with this strategy.
  • Don't forget you can SHIELD WHILE CONTROLLING THE MISSILE. You can use the minimap to see incoming projectiles and time it right. Speaking of the missile...
  • FLY LOW. It puts you closer to ground vehicles, but it makes it impossible to hit you from across the map. If your feeling balls-y you can even fly through the school to lose helicopters on your final approach

That's all I got so far. What works for you?

#2 Posted by MuddyDonut (47 posts) -

Talon, Sniper Missles, R2, Stand Still, R2 as soon as last quarter of circle is reached...win everything. People don't seem to know how to avoid that big lazer on your ass.

#3 Posted by Centimani (550 posts) -

@MuddyDonut said:

Talon, Sniper Missles, R2, Stand Still, R2 as soon as last quarter of circle is reached...win everything. People don't seem to know how to avoid that big lazer on your ass.

This is one of those things that is gonna lose its fun once the games out and people wise up :D

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (15107 posts) -
#5 Posted by DarthOrange (3878 posts) -

@MuddyDonut said:

How do you avoid that laser on your ass? I just squirm around but I still get hit :(

#6 Edited by spartanlolz92 (511 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

@MuddyDonut said:

How do you avoid that laser on your ass? I just squirm around but I still get hit :(

press right on the dpad bringss up shield its hard to say exactly when to do this because some people maybe smart and charge it/ also you can always go behind a building

btw if anyone has ever gotten stuck by talons magnet just shield up before you hit the ground it blocks the damage

#7 Posted by Centimani (550 posts) -

@DarthOrange: Yeah, just break line of sight and the sniper loses its charge. The longer it holds aim on someone the more damage it will do, all the way up to a one hit kill. Buildings are your friends.

#8 Posted by Nottle (1918 posts) -

When Playing as Outlaw, hammer on the fire button when using his special. It is kind of cheap.

Some parts of the map are destructible if shot at. Like the satellite dishes and the reels on top of the movie theater.

Does anyone know how Death Warrants Alt special does?

#9 Posted by Enigma777 (6084 posts) -

Never not go fast.

#10 Posted by csl316 (9259 posts) -

Grab every health pickup you run across. Even if you don't need it, at least no one else will get it.

Oh, and retreating is definitely an option. Don't stick around with pure machine guns if the guy's still at half health or higher. Restock and finish him off, although when they're in the red I usually freeze/ram them to death.

#11 Posted by mrfievel (7 posts) -

Don't use Darkside's ram ult unless you're turboing. It gets a pretty huge damage bonus if you are. Also you can freeze Talons out of the air and ram them on the ground for almost all of their health.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.