So David Jaffe wants us to shoot his truck via the internet...

#1 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

For a game promotion I have to admire them for at least thinking outside the box. Also 0:36-0:42 is badass.

#2 Posted by Bucketdeth (8010 posts) -

I WANNA SHOOT THE TRUCK

#3 Posted by Drebin_893 (2914 posts) -

@Bucketdeth said:

I WANNA SHOOT THE TRUCK

#4 Posted by AndrewB (7606 posts) -

None of those swears were scripted. That's just Jaffe.

#5 Posted by CornBREDX (5224 posts) -

That's pretty funny. 

Really great how Jaffe curses up a storm in this. It's almost like they realize that's part of the Jaffe appeal. Weird that they'd realize that. haha

#6 Posted by Yummylee (21613 posts) -

I want David Jaffe and Tim Schafer to star in a sitcom together.

#7 Posted by spankingaddict (2666 posts) -

This is GREAT .

#8 Posted by Winternet (8018 posts) -

I wanna shoot through David Jaffe's truck.

#9 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

....I want to shoot that truck.

#10 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
The Odd Couple

@Abyssfull said:

#11 Posted by Winternet (8018 posts) -

Too bad it's a US only thing.

#12 Posted by Yummylee (21613 posts) -

@msavo said:

The Odd Couple

@Abyssfull said:

Hell yes. I think it's time that David Jaffe perhaps begins his own Kickstarter fund. Whatever it takes, this must happen.

#13 Posted by natetodamax (19204 posts) -

That's weird and awesome at the same time. For some reason I was waiting for FPSRussia to show up.

#14 Posted by Swoxx (2998 posts) -

@Drebin_893 said:

@Bucketdeth said:

I WANNA SHOOT THE TRUCK

#15 Posted by TheHT (11225 posts) -
@Swoxx said:

@Drebin_893 said:

@Bucketdeth said:

I WANNA SHOOT THE TRUCK

Come Feb 14th, I'm gunna shoot the truck.
#16 Edited by Maajin (1063 posts) -

This is awesome. I think it's great that we are seeing more and more of the developers promoting their games, and I can never get enough David Jaffe!

#17 Posted by Pie (7094 posts) -

@Swoxx said:

@Drebin_893 said:

@Bucketdeth said:

I WANNA SHOOT THE TRUCK

#18 Edited by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

OH JESUS TITTY FUCKING CHRIST YES!

Jaffe knows what we want.

Also, the website's video is uncensored...in case anyone wants that. The censoring definitely made it funnier...as it always does.

#19 Posted by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

truck shooting is the best kind of promotion

#20 Posted by N7 (3588 posts) -

How fuck. Didn't expect this. Looks like he's fully aware of Sony marketing his game now. I'm gonna shoot that truck.

#21 Posted by Stackboy (502 posts) -

Great idea, very unique.

#22 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1190 posts) -

That is a sweet truck, and some sweet Jaffe.

#23 Posted by DarthOrange (3860 posts) -
#24 Posted by StarvingGamer (8217 posts) -

Wow, that's amazing. Good on ya' Jaffe.

#25 Posted by Itwastuesday (963 posts) -

...this is legal?

#26 Posted by spartanlolz92 (511 posts) -

@Abyssfull: id support that "well idk if sony would fund another twisted metal" id sure as hell would so would alot of other people

#27 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

Stepping outside of the jaffe circle jerk for a moment, what's the point of this?

#28 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

None of those swears were scripted. That's just Jaffe.

Haha, I came to post pretty much that exact line.

#29 Posted by RetroVirus (1471 posts) -

SHOOT DAT TRUCK!

#30 Posted by pw2566ch (480 posts) -

I have a question about this. Is there any chance we can aim the gun? Because I wouldn't mind shooting out the tires or Sweet Tooth's head.

#31 Posted by Aegon (5585 posts) -

Did someone say truck?

#32 Posted by EuanDewar (4907 posts) -
@pw2566ch

I have a question about this. Is there any chance we can aim the gun? Because I wouldn't mind shooting out the tires or Sweet Tooth's head.

Giving nerds directional control over a real gun via the internet seems like a recipe for disaster.
#33 Posted by pw2566ch (480 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

@pw2566ch

Giving nerds directional control over a real gun via the internet seems like a recipe for disaster.

Oh wait. You think that we're going to try to shoot at one of the people running this ad campaign? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! That's actually not a bad idea.

#34 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

And I'm gonna ---- shoot the ---- out of this ---- truck, ----! I'm pretty sure this was the greatest advertisement I've ever seen.

#35 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

This is the greatest fucking shit ever.

#36 Edited by Giantstalker (1644 posts) -

If the gun is actually an m249 (FN Minimi), I wonder who's going to be loading all the boxes, switching the gas regulator when it gets fouled, and changing the barrels... eager to see this

#37 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

Love it.

Also, am I alone in thinking this is a fucking lawsuit waiting to happen??

#38 Posted by Jaytow (694 posts) -

WOAH! Looks like this guy had a close shave! Somebody aimed for the truck and took a patch of hair from the back of his head!

#39 Posted by Flappy (2236 posts) -

@Pie said:

@Swoxx said:

@Drebin_893 said:

@Bucketdeth said:

I WANNA SHOOT THE TRUCK

#40 Edited by emem (1965 posts) -

Hmm I don't find shooting a truck by clicking a mouse button appealing at all. Shooting holes into a truck with a heavy mg sure does sound like fun (and really exhausting), but only if I'm the person holding the gun. 

It's good that people actually seem to think this is cool, though. Hopefully that promotion will sell them a few additional copies.

#41 Posted by J0PALACE0K (75 posts) -

According to Jaffe it's filled with C4. Don't even know how that's gonna work but still...

SWEET!

#42 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5423 posts) -

I can't wait for future sports where we kill prisoners through our computers.

#43 Posted by Ghostiet (5263 posts) -

Is it wrong I typed "shootmytruck.com" into my address bar right after that video ended?

#44 Edited by Phished0ne (2504 posts) -

@J0PALACE0K said:

According to Jaffe it's filled with C4. Don't even know how that's gonna work but still...

SWEET!

The C4 comes into play when they choose the 3 people to do the "kill shot" tomorrow. But for now people just firing the gun at targets, some of them explosive i do believe. With new targets put up on the hour. Testing the gun now, still not being fired by people online.

also, BEST VIDEO GAME PROMOTION EVERRRRR!

#45 Posted by Tennmuerti (8089 posts) -

Brilliant!

#46 Posted by Ferny84 (17 posts) -

They haven't even let the fans shoot the truck yet, the people shooting right now were hired by Sony.

#47 Posted by Ehker (235 posts) -

I've been watching it for awhile now. They keep it interesting with the ice cream truck spinning around and different type of targets with hidden explosives. They've been running into some trouble, like when the truck caught on fire and they had to quickly shut down the three guns and go running out there with fire extinguishers. They managed to get it out.

Sweet Tooth's truck burning to the ground before it blows up with C4 isn't part of the plan.

#48 Posted by Ehker (235 posts) -

Coming up on the final 3 hours till they blow it, even though it's already swiss cheese. Been enjoying to watch, especially with Jaffe giving it colorful commentary.

http://www.shootmytruck.com/

#49 Edited by b00tableByte (20 posts) -

I got to shoot. It was very laggy on my end, but I got some rounds on target. Looking forward to the big shot at 7pm EST.

#50 Posted by lavaman77 (567 posts) -

@Flappy said:

@Pie said:

@Swoxx said:

@Drebin_893 said:

@Bucketdeth said:

I WANNA SHOOT THE TRUCK

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.