What do you think of the cover?

#1 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

What do you think about it? I have a fear in the back of my head that this is going to turn away a lot of people, seeing as how clown phobia is just as common if not more so then arachnophobia, but on the bright side there probably won't be to many kids who can convince there parents to buy this game for them. David Jaffe is also letting people vote on his blog for which backside they prefer.

#2 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I think it looks cool. I have a feeling most of the sales are going to be from people that have played some of the other Twisted Metal games, so the clown thing shouldn't be a problem.

#3 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Cconsidering Twisted Metal = sweet tooth, they have to show him.

#4 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Looks like Twisted Metal, for better or worse. (For worse since every game after Black in my opinion.)

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Still think the annocment trailer was awesome. 

#6 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Sweet Tooth looks like shit on this cover.

#7 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Clown phobia is more common than arachnophobia?

#8 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

It's awesome. Just like everything Twisted Metal related. The only thing i don't like, is how characters change every new entry on the series. It's hard to get attached to a character when they change all the time. It would be like if Blanka became a ninja in SFIV, and in SFV he was robot. Also, i really liked the last option of the backside: 

For someone who bothed about redesigns and changing the characters, that Doll Face is nice.
#9 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

Don't like it. I don't have a beef with clowns but the cover just yells to me "LOOK MA I'M SO HARDCORE!!!1-!1".

Plus the back covers suck too. Maybe I don't like Twisted Metal anymore?

#10 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -

It's alright, though being British I'm more interested in finding out what the PAL boxart will be.

#11 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

I think if you're clownphobic Twisted Metal probably isn't your kind of game franchise anyway. Personally I think the box art is okay, nothing amazing.

#12 Posted by iAmJohn (6114 posts) -

@BrockNRolla said:

Looks like Twisted Metal, for better or worse. (For worse since every game after Black in my opinion.)

All one of them?

#13 Posted by benspyda (2032 posts) -

It's not offensively bad.

#14 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

@mandude said:

Clown phobia is more common than arachnophobia?

I looked it up online and I could not find any proof to back up my claim, but in person I know way more people who are scarred of clowns then people who are scared of spiders, but maybe its just the people I know.

#15 Posted by EuanDewar (4873 posts) -

Eh, not dumb enough.

#16 Edited by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

@DarthOrange: Thanks for the link on the blog I voted on C and it turns out most people agree with me. I honestly think someone should tweet him to let us choose the front cover too because I think it looks like shit to be honest.

#17 Posted by Mephiles1990 (32 posts) -

I like it, but I don't like the white background of it. I don't think it's evocative of Twisted Metal, which revels in destroying your backyard. It's eye-catching, yes, but not in a good way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.