What ever happened to the Giant Bomb review?

#1 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

So I've been out of the Twisted Metal loop on this site. I was just reading some reviews from various outlets and I was kinda surprised to see GB never really released a proper review. I thought Jeff was kinda into that game. Anyone knows what ever happened to that review?

#2 Posted by Bocam (3719 posts) -

@mordukai: There was never going to be one

#3 Posted by Jrinswand (1704 posts) -

They... didn't make one?

#4 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

@Bocam said:

Any specific reason? Did they think the game that shitty or was it the case of Bastion where they just feel too close to the developer so they just don't want to review it?

#5 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

@mordukai said:

@Bocam said:

Any specific reason? Did they think the game that shitty or was it the case of Bastion where they just feel too close to the developer so they just don't want to review it?

CBSi happened.

#6 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -

I would love to know how their review process works. I know they said they only cover games they want to, but what do they decide to review.

They skip so many big games, but then review Grand Slam Tennis 2, Neverdead, and so many just terrible to average XBLA games.

#7 Edited by mordukai (7150 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

@mordukai said:

@Bocam said:

CBSi happened.

The game came out in November. I know the move have been in the works for a while but they had time to review other games.

#8 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

I'm still waiting for the Kid Icarus review and yes, I'm looking at you

#9 Posted by iAmJohn (6117 posts) -

@mordukai said:

@Enigma777 said:

@mordukai said:

@Bocam said:

CBSi happened.

The game came out in November. I know the move have been in the works for a while but they had time to review other games.

Uh, actually dude, the game came out in February.

#10 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@mordukai said:

@Enigma777 said:

@mordukai said:

@Bocam said:

CBSi happened.

Yup. Came out on Valentine's Day.

#11 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Same reason there never was a Dragon Age 2 review.

#12 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@mordukai said:

@Enigma777 said:

@mordukai said:

@Bocam said:

CBSi happened.

Ohh shit...The original TM came out in November. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

#13 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

@ahaisthisourchance said:

Same reason there never was a Dragon Age 2 review.

There was never a review for DA2 because Vinny gave up on it.

#14 Posted by AlisterCat (5532 posts) -

They just don't review some games... even ones they like. Or don't.

#15 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@modukai Yup.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.