Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Two Worlds II

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Sequel to the cult hit action RPG Two Worlds, Two worlds II takes place years after the original and follows the story of the character from the first Two Worlds as he continues his struggle to defeat Lord Gandohar.

Because of lack of coverage

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Can anyone tell me about the game? Please? I played the first and liked how it was working. But a few things through me off. The ungodly amount of bugs. The biggest was the massive lag after killing something. 

But can anyone here who has it tell me about it? I got a 20 dollar amazon card to use and well I wanna try it. Anyone wanna tell me about it a bit? 

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

There are reviews for it on other sites. The general consensus is that it's better than the first one, and actually kinda fun. Still kinda buggy though.  

Again, there are plenty of reviews you can find on other sites. 

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By august

Most important question: why isn't the title of this game 2 Worlds 2 Furious?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " There are reviews for it on other sites. The general consensus is that it's better than the first one, and actually kinda fun. Still kinda buggy though.   Again, there are plenty of reviews you can find on other sites.  "
    I want to know if its FUN to play. And how the community finds it. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

@august said:
    " Most important question: why isn't the title of this game 2 Worlds 2 Furious? "
    You win!
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Marz

Console version sucks, PC version is good.   It won't be better than Dragon Age 2 or The Witcher 2 which come out soon.  Which is pretty much what i get from all the reviews I've read.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ryanwho
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @MooseyMcMan said:
    " There are reviews for it on other sites. The general consensus is that it's better than the first one, and actually kinda fun. Still kinda buggy though.   Again, there are plenty of reviews you can find on other sites.  "
    I want to know if its FUN to play. And how the community finds it.  "
    Its fun to play. You have the ability to basically set up 3 completely different loadouts (by which I mean, armor, weapons, and the hotkey stuff) then quickly switch between them on the fly. So you can do what I did a lot, and start with your wizard suit, summon some dudes, get in closer, shoot the dudes with the archer while they're destracted, then move in for the kill with your melee loadout. This game has some bugs, but compared to recent games those bugs are barely a problem at all. Other than the final boss, who is bullshit, I enjoyed the game more than The Witcher, which I would say is the game is most resembles with its mercenary tone and the seedy underbelly aspects.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @ryanwho said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @MooseyMcMan said:
    I want to know if its FUN to play. And how the community finds it.  "
    Its fun to play. You have the ability to basically set up 3 completely different loadouts (by which I mean, armor, weapons, and the hotkey stuff) then quickly switch between them on the fly. So you can do what I did a lot, and start with your wizard suit, summon some dudes, get in closer, shoot the dudes with the archer while they're destracted, then move in for the kill with your melee loadout. This game has some bugs, but compared to recent games those bugs are barely a problem at all. Other than the final boss, who is bullshit, I enjoyed the game more than The Witcher, which I would say is the game is most resembles with its mercenary tone and the seedy underbelly aspects. "
    This is what I wanted to hear. Thanks Ryan. I understand the magic in the game can get bat shit insane with what you can do. Is that right?  

Also does it hitch after killin guys? And is it a decent length? 
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ryanwho

I actually couldn't figure out magic very much because it required putting on shitty wizard armor and dying from a couple hits. I mostly used it to cast the occasional buff and to summon creatures. But yeah, there are a lot of combinations. Sort of like Magicka, really. Except you need tarot cards to evoke the magic, its not all just available from the start. I ended up using the archer a lot because that class was super viable, and I never play archers. But you're so mobile in this game that you can jump and run around like Legolas and shit. So I went that route instead of figuring out magic.
    I feel like this game will have the same problem Xenosaga 3 had. People dismiss it because the last game sucked, but the devs learned a toooooooooooooon from their mistakes and they addressed everything people complained about. Hopefully they get another chance to prove themselves.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By damswedon
    @august said:
    " Most important question: why isn't the title of this game 2 Worlds 2 Furious? "
    SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By SlightConfuse

the first one and this one seemed to be elder scroll like

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FritzDude

If you liked the ideas of the first game you will like this. It's superior in every way... well, story and non-linearity is debatable. I feel like the story is all over the place and has a serious issue following the first game. And the game is much more segmented and not so open like the first game.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryanwho
    @FritzDude said:
    " If you liked the ideas of the first game you will like this. It's superior in every way... well, story and non-linearity is debatable. I feel like the story is all over the place and has a serious issue following the first game. And the game is much more segmented and not so open like the first game. "
    It starts closed, where you're "limited" to the orc island and the big island in the south, then once you get to oriental island or whatever you can take a ship to the giant continent in the north. Then after that it closes up again in the swamp, then its completely open until you get locked into the final castle. You're never exactly without anything to do, and the way they dole it out keeps you from getting overwhelmed.
    FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FritzDude
    @ryanwho said:
    "@FritzDude said:
    "                      If you liked the ideas of the first game you will like this. It's superior in every way... well, story and non-linearity is debatable. I feel like the story is all over the place and has a serious issue following the first game. And the game is much more segmented and not so open like the first game.                                        "
    It starts closed, where you're "limited" to the orc island and the big island in the south, then once you get to oriental island or whatever you can take a ship to the giant continent in the north. Then after that it closes up again in the swamp, then its completely open until you get locked into the final castle. You're never exactly without anything to do, and the way they dole it out keeps you from getting overwhelmed.

"

Yes, but compare that to the first game where you could go to the fire zone and get killed by the dragons there right away. It's not a bad thing per-se, but it lacks the open world-ness the first game had.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By pweidman

I'm having a blast w/TW2  tc.  I'm around 18 hrs in and still in chapter 1, so it's pretty lengthy(4 chapters I think).  Reality Pump really improved everything and the game runs great.  I've run across only a few minor, inconsequential things.  Quite nice after the mess that was Fallout Vegas:). 

Anyway, it's all the rpg layers for crafting  and customizing your gear that are so addictive, as well as all the skills and attributes you choose to level that really have an impact.  The hot key switching to different roles and gear is pure genius.  There is no lvl cap that I'm aware of so you could conceiveably lvl evrything and have an uber character given the time spent.  Haven't tried the online stuff but several of my friends are constantly  playing Village mode or the cooperative campaign so it must be fun.  I've repeatedly read that you find great loot in the online modes.  Mages own apparently also.  The magic can be built up massively to the point of way OP I guess.  

Anyway, TW2 is a good game period.  IGN gave a sloppy review that wasn't fair.  Gamespot's seemed much better.  I like it much more than Arcania, or Risen.  It's a game that can hold you just fine for your fantasy fix 'till ES:V or Witcher 2.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @pweidman said:
    " I'm having a blast w/TW2  tc.  I'm around 18 hrs in and still in chapter 1, so it's pretty lengthy(4 chapters I think).  Reality Pump really improved everything and the game runs great.  I've run across only a few minor, inconsequential things.  Quite nice after the mess that was Fallout Vegas:).  Anyway, it's all the rpg layers for crafting  and customizing your gear that are so addictive, as well as all the skills and attributes you choose to level that really have an impact.  The hot key switching to different roles and gear is pure genius.  There is no lvl cap that I'm aware of so you could conceiveably lvl evrything and have an uber character given the time spent.  Haven't tried the online stuff but several of my friends are constantly  playing Village mode or the cooperative campaign so it must be fun.  I've repeatedly read that you find great loot in the online modes.  Mages own apparently also.  The magic can be built up massively to the point of way OP I guess.   Anyway, TW2 is a good game period.  IGN gave a sloppy review that wasn't fair.  Gamespot's seemed much better.  I like it much more than Arcania, or Risen.  It's a game that can hold you just fine for your fantasy fix 'till ES:V or Witcher 2. "
    Thank you for that. I am drawn to the make your own armour and spell stuff 

Anyone else wanna toss their cents in? Im all most certain I am gonna get this game. 
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By xyzygy

I too kind of liked where the first game was going and gathering from what other people and reviews say, it's a massive improvement over the first. I'm definitely gonna get it as well just not right now.

Bongos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Bongos

I can summon over 10 fishmen to distract my enemies for me to throw fireballs at them. 

This is a fun and good game personally.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.