Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Two Worlds II

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Sequel to the cult hit action RPG Two Worlds, Two worlds II takes place years after the original and follows the story of the character from the first Two Worlds as he continues his struggle to defeat Lord Gandohar.

Great way to make sure your game Bombs...Giantly.

• 65 results
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Evilsbane

Edit: People have brought up a good point these two games are very different due to the genre and maybe the crossover isn't quite as strong as I think, I am the type that buys any Good game I don't see RTS or MMO and say OH HELL NO If its awesome I wanna play it. BUT There is Plenty of time before hand to make sure you don't get stuck on top of a giant fucking release REGARDLESS of genre, Two Worlds 2 has A lot to do to get people to buy it the first game had issues out the ass, lets just make it that much harder for people to pay attention to. 

Release it the same day as Dead Space 2? Are they crazy? I mean, this stuff isn't a secret and I have seen it happen Over and over again, a company releases a small lesser known game and put it out on the Same fucking day as a Huge popular game one made by EA nonetheless (Which I am very excited for which is why I am not buying this game for awhile) .

Do what you want with your games but who makes these decisions? Who looks at a release chart and picks the Same day as Dead Space 2 that is like releasing your game alongside Halo or Zelda or Uncharted its Madness! Dead space isn't quite that caliber (Popularity wise) but close enough to where I wouldn't stick my games release anywhere near it...

Why does this keep happening? Why shoot yourself in the foot the final step before the finish line?

Thoughts?

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By delta_ass

Well, maybe they already know it's a stinker.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dany

You are over estimating Dead Space 2's influence. I doubt anyone would budge if they had their date the same day in Dead Space 2.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By benpack
    @Dany said:
    " You are over estimating Dead Space 2's influence. "
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By benjaebe

Yeah, why would they release a multiplayer fantasy WRPG on the same day as a scifi action horror title. Dead Space will steal their audience right out from under them!

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Evilsbane
    @Dany said:
    " You are over estimating Dead Space 2's influence. I doubt anyone would budge if they had their date the same day in Dead Space 2. "
    @GlenTennis said:
    " @Dany said:
    " You are over estimating Dead Space 2's influence. "
    "
    I stated that Dead Space 2 Isnt some machine that will break the sales records But its a pretty fucking big game, it has a big following more so than I even thought, its gonna have a very nice release day and week But regardless lets talk about the topic, why release your game on the same day as another huge release?
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Jeust

Maybe because they are completely different games that target very different audiences.  

Release dates are also chosen with many months of advance and this kind of things happen sometimes. It's not like they were aiming at DS2. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

No, releasing Two Worlds II on the same day as Dead Space 2 isn't a bad idea.  A bad idea was releasing Resonance of Fate alongside Final Fantasy XIII and not doing any marketing for it (classic Sega, really).

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Evilsbane
    @benjaebe said:
    " Yeah, why would they release a multiplayer fantasy WRPG on the same day as a scifi action horror title. Dead Space will steal their audience right out from under them! "
    I want to play both games quite a bit I enjoy all genres of games but maybe I am alone there.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Milkman

I don't think moving Two Worlds II's release date is going to matter much. 

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Evilsbane
    @Hailinel said:
    " No, releasing Two Worlds II on the same day as Dead Space 2 isn't a bad idea.  A bad idea was releasing Resonance of Fate alongside Final Fantasy XIII and not doing any marketing for it (classic Sega, really). "
    Agreed, good example Why do you think anyone is stupid enough to do so?

@Milkman said:
    " I don't think moving Two Worlds II's release date is going to match much.  "

It certainly wouldn't hurt

@Jeust said:
    "  It's not like they were aiming at DS2.  "
    I dont care how far in advance you pick the date if someone told me Halo: Reach 2 Just happens to be scheduled on the same day as my release I am moving that shit.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dany

Its not like they compete. If Halo and Call of Duty were to be set on the same date and some shit would go down defiantly but no. One is an fantasy rpg, the other is a third person over the shoulder shooter. Yeah their might be some cross over in the audience but I doubt it is enough for them to even consider having a meeting about it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Animasta

I probably care more about TW2 than DS2 myself, but it's seriously not even the same market.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Evilsbane
    @Laketown said:
    " I probably care more about TW2 than DS2 myself, but it's seriously not even the same market. "
    @Dany said:
    " Its not like they compete. If Halo and Call of Duty were to be set on the same date and some shit would go down defiantly but no. One is an fantasy rpg, the other is a third person over the shoulder shooter. Yeah their might be some cross over in the audience but I doubt it is enough for them to even consider having a meeting about it. "
    But thats just the thing the reason I made the thread is now I am forced to make a decision I want both games but I am not about to go drop 120 on the same day and I want DS2 a little more (Story was better more drawn to it) and I was just curious Why force that?  It just takes so much focus off of your game, that intial rush of the game getting bought is huge.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jeust
    @Evilsbane said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " No, releasing Two Worlds II on the same day as Dead Space 2 isn't a bad idea.  A bad idea was releasing Resonance of Fate alongside Final Fantasy XIII and not doing any marketing for it (classic Sega, really). "
    Agreed, good example Why do you think anyone is stupid enough to do so?

@Milkman said:
    " I don't think moving Two Worlds II's release date is going to match much.  "

It certainly wouldn't hurt

@Jeust said:
    "  It's not like they were aiming at DS2.  "
    I dont care how far in advance you pick the date if someone told me Halo: Reach 2 Just happens to be scheduled on the same day as my release I am moving that shit. "
    Yeah, still like  

@Dany said:
    " Its not like they compete. If Halo and Call of Duty were to be set on the same date and some shit would go down defiantly but no. One is an fantasy rpg, the other is a third person over the shoulder shooter. Yeah their might be some cross over in the audience but I doubt it is enough for them to even consider having a meeting about it. "
    as the games are very different, the alteration of the release that wasn't deemed feasible. You have to see that if they delayed the release date, there would be losses too.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Scooper

Different markets. I'm buying 2 worlds. Not buying Dead Space.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Patman99

I will probably be buying Two Worlds II and not Dead Space 2..... I did not hate Two Worlds as much as most other people and I'm not really a survival horror type guy.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Evilsbane
    @Jeust said:
    as the games are very different, the alteration of the release that wasn't deemed feasible. You have to see that if they delayed the release date, there would be losses too. "
    True there would be losses for the delay, but there is Plenty of time before hand to make sure you don't get stuck on top of a giant fucking release REGARDLESS of genre, Two Worlds 2 has A lot to do to get people to buy the first game had issues out the ass, lets just make it that much harder for people to pay attention to.
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I will probably pick up Two World II.

Don't even care about DS2 though.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Evilsbane
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    " I will probably pick up Two World II.  Don't even care about DS2 though. "
    Thats great what does that have to do with the topic?
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Animasta
    @Evilsbane said:
    " @Jeust said:
    as the games are very different, the alteration of the release that wasn't deemed feasible. You have to see that if they delayed the release date, there would be losses too. "
    True there would be losses for the delay, but there is Plenty of time before hand to make sure you don't get stuck on top of a giant fucking release REGARDLESS of genre, Two Worlds 2 has A lot to do to get people to buy the first game had issues out the ass, lets just make it that much harder for people to pay attention to. "
    DS2 is a giant fucking release?

it already came out in Europe too, so whatever
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    @Scooper said:
    " Different markets. I'm buying 2 worlds. Not buying Dead Space. "
    Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

I don't have anything against DS2. It's just not my type of game. I'm a huge RPG fan and I can be very lenient on 'em. As long as they don't completely suck then I'm totally game.
    Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lautaro

Is Dead Space even that big a franchise?

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @Evilsbane said:

" @FancySoapsMan said:

Thats great what does that have to do with the topic? "
    That the kind of people who are interested in Two Worlds II most likely don't care about the other game.

I don't think them releasing on the same day will be a problem.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By BraveToaster

Probably because not everyone wants to play Dead Space 2.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CL60

Two different demographics, two different kinds of games. One is a sci-fi horror, and the other is a fantasy RPG.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Evilsbane
    @Lautaro said:
    " Is Dead Space even that big a franchise? "
    Dead Space 2 has been getting hyped really hard and I just have noticed a lot more Buzz around the game than I would have thought so I thought people cared but apparently not.
    emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By emem
    @Evilsbane: When I look at the game releases this year, Dead Space 2 is probably the least threatening for their product. :)) 

It's a great game, by the way.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Evilsbane
    @Axxol said:
    " Probably because not everyone wants to play Dead Space 2. "
    @CL60 said:
    " Two different demographics, two different kinds of games. One is a sci-fi horror, and the other is a fantasy RPG. "
    I guess I am just now realizing that I am one of few who play pretty much everything regardless of genre I forget that people won't play a game because it doesn't look like their kind of game I just don't think like that, if someones says its good I play it.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Evilsbane
    @emem said:
    "   It's a great game, by the way. "
    Oh it came out in Europe already ...bastards.
    emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By emem
    @Evilsbane: Haha.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kingzetta
    @CL60 said:
    " Two different demographics, two different kinds of games. One is a sci-fi horror, and the other is a fantasy RPG. "
    Yes you could say they are two worlds different also
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Scooper said:
    You're a bad person.
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#34  Edited By fox01313

First Two Worlds was overly average in so many ways except for the cheapy ending, the sequel was supposed to come out late last year so I'm guessing by now they're just checking in every month or so to see if it's close to ready to put it out, now they got it close to done (maybe) & just happened to fall on the same day as another game. With all the games coming out lately it's rather hard to not step on another game's date but time will tell with the sales/reviews on if either game is worth paying much more of than just renting it.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Evilsbane
    @kingzetta said:
    " @CL60 said:
    Yes you could say they are two worlds different also "
    OOOHooo  *Slaps Knee*

@fox01313 said:
    "

First Two Worlds was overly average in so many ways except for the cheapy ending, the sequel was supposed to come out late last year so I'm guessing by now they're just checking in every month or so to see if it's close to ready to put it out, now they got it close to done (maybe) & just happened to fall on the same day as another game. With all the games coming out lately it's rather hard to not step on another game's date but time will tell with the sales/reviews on if either game is worth paying much more of than just renting it.

"

I think they just post a big calender on the wall and throw darts everyday and average it up near the end of production.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DystopiaX

This is dumb, games have been released at the same time and do well anyway, Borderlands comes to mind as a lesser known game right in between fucking Dragon Age and MW2 and still sold over a million. 
    edit- you're also overestimating the power of Dead Space 2...yeah it's a a big release but it's not a Halo, God of War, Call of Duty sized launch.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Evilsbane
    @DystopiaX said:
    " This is dumb, games have been released at the same time and do well anyway, Borderlands comes to mind as a lesser known game right in between fucking Dragon Age and MW2 and still sold over a million. "
    It's not Dumb it's a question which most have answered in a constructive way, Yes a game can still sell fine but its doesn't help when the last game wasn't fantastic, they need every advantage they can.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kingzetta
    @Evilsbane said:
    " @kingzetta said:
    " @CL60 said:
    OOOHooo  *Slaps Knee*

but what I said didn't even make sense
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Evilsbane
    @kingzetta said:
    " @Evilsbane said:
    " @kingzetta said:
    " @CL60 said:
    OOOHooo  *Slaps Knee*

but what I said didn't even make sense "
    I understood what you were Trying to say or I thought I did, I misread your typo. thought you said "Yes you could say they are two different worlds"
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jeust
    @kingzetta said:

" @CL60 said:

Yeah, they are two worlds apart. ^^ 

@Evilsbane said:

" @Axxol said:

" Probably because not everyone wants to play Dead Space 2. "
    @CL60 said:
    I guess I am just now realizing that I am one of few who play pretty much everything regardless of genre I forget that people won't play a game because it doesn't look like their kind of game I just don't think like that, if someones says its good I play it. "

I'm with the crowd that is waiting for Deadspace 2, still I could just as well be on the other end of the spectrum. I play games and genres I like, independent quality. Someone praising a game in a genre I'm not fond of won't make me - although it might tempt me - buy it. 
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kingzetta
    @Jeust said:
    " @kingzetta said:
    " @CL60 said:
    Yeah, they are two worlds apart. ^^ "
    Or they are two things that are not the same.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jeust
    @kingzetta said:

" @Jeust said:

" @kingzetta said:
    " @CL60 said:
    Yeah, they are two worlds apart. ^^ "
    Or they are two things that are not the same. "
    Yet they are (video games).
    Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BulletproofMonk
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Scooper said:
    You're a bad person. "
    You know, Two Worlds II is actually quite good. Nothing wrong with buying this instead of that.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#44  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Totally different demographics. One is a sequel to a not so good RPG that is apparently alright? (anyone willing to vouch for TW2?) The other is a sequel to a fairly good third person horror shooter that sold respectable numbers, but not the kind of numbers that would move something like Two Worlds. Then again, even as someone who generally prefers RPGs, I would much rather get Dead Space.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ryanwho
    @Evilsbane said:

" @FancySoapsMan said:

Well the whole concete is these 2 games opening the same day is detrimental to TW2. So yes, people saying "hey dumbass, these games have entirely different appeals" seems relevant. Dead Space Extraction bombed completely as did that stupid comic tie in, why people even consider this IP a blockbuster is baffling to me.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ryanwho
    @ArbitraryWater said:

" Totally different demographics. One is a sequel to a not so good RPG that is apparently alright? (anyone willing to vouch for TW2?) The other is a sequel to a fairly good third person horror shooter that sold respectable numbers, but not the kind of numbers that would move something like Two Worlds. Then again, even as someone who generally prefers RPGs, I would much rather get Dead Space. "

Two Worlds 2 is a better game than The Witcher. Except the last boss is just awwwwwwwwwwwwful. But otherwise, Two Worlds 2 is a solid game. After playing Venetica, which is kinda crappy, I feel vindicated vouching for TW2's combat. And also, I can't wait until people stop putting bloom lighting everywhere in every game. Two Worlds 2 and Venetica are both uglier with bloom.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kingzetta
    @ryanwho said:
    " @Evilsbane said:

" @FancySoapsMan said:

Well the whole concete is these 2 games opening the same day is detrimental to TW2. So yes, people saying "hey dumbass, these games have entirely different appeals" seems relevant. Dead Space Extraction bombed completely as did that stupid comic tie in, why people even consider this IP a blockbuster is baffling to me. "
    People revere it because it's a kinda new IP, it hasn't been around forever.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ryanwho

I'm not talking about reverence. I'm talking about the idea that Dead Space is an IP that sells really well. Where does that come from? You can pretend DS Extraction bombed because its a light gun game for Wii right up until you see how well the Resident Evil light gun Wii games sold. This is not a top tier IP, it doesn't take away sales from anything.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Evilsbane said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    " This is dumb, games have been released at the same time and do well anyway, Borderlands comes to mind as a lesser known game right in between fucking Dragon Age and MW2 and still sold over a million. "
    It's not Dumb it's a question which most have answered in a constructive way, Yes a game can still sell fine but its doesn't help when the last game wasn't fantastic, they need every advantage they can. "
    The quality of the last game is irrelevant to its release date, and my post was constructive. My point was that plenty of lesser known or lesser-hyped games have done just fine despite what some people may think is a tough release date, especially given that the "popular" game in this case isn't even that big of a release.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Evilsbane
    @ryanwho said:
    " I'm not talking about reverence. I'm talking about the idea that Dead Space is an IP that sells really well. Where does that come from?  "
    I didn't think it was either but all the hype around the games release just made me think it had gotten popular, I guess I am just an idiot for thinking people played games of different genres but I am apparently one of few who do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.