Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Two Worlds II

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Sequel to the cult hit action RPG Two Worlds, Two worlds II takes place years after the original and follows the story of the character from the first Two Worlds as he continues his struggle to defeat Lord Gandohar.

Two Worlds II Royal Edition. Was it worth it?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By McShank

So I just received my Copy of Two worlds 2 from amazon who was so kind enough to sell the Royal Edition for 29.99$ this holiday season. I have been eyeing the game on steam for a while but my xbox has seen little use other then Horizon and dead island so I figured I would get it since Collectors editions are always pretty nifty. I have read plenty on what others thought in a general census of "It was pretty fun" or " Better then divinity 2" Which I honestly think was a great game for what I paid for, but what I really want to know is What do you, GiantBomb think of the game? What do you think after paying for this game for however much you paid and thought of after beating and or playing for more then a few hours. Was this game Good? Is this game good? Would I enjoy this game as much as say.... Choking myself while wearing a batman outfit and masturbating while I pass out? At least If everyone says the game sucks, I got a new mouse pad *for the 360 game version* and a nice little figure to stand next to my Hitomi figure wearing a corona Poncho.

Avatar image for living4theday258
    living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By living4theday258

i bought it from gamestop once and took it back the next day because i didnt see anything really appealing about it.... but then again this was a few weeks after skyrim came out. the red velvet game of the year edition 5$ for ps+ members so i might get it.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By BaneFireLord

I played it for about three hours and never touched it again. It just felt clunky as hell.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By me3639

Its been a while since i played but i liked it a lot. The co op was a whole lot of fun, the ability to switch between the 3 classes was innovative at the time and the game looked really good. Its just a good game. Really surprised haven't heard anything about the third game as it was such a success over the original which was a broken mess. Oh yea, i played it on Xbox 360.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Like most of these kind of RPG's they're pretty good, but there are quite a few problems with them as well that make them a struggle to continue playing sometime. Get past those problems however and you usually find a great game underneath.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By FritzDude

You should have gone for the velvet edition since it includes the expansion too. For me It's definitely better than the first, though it doesn't have the same 'charm'. However I would not say it's better than Divinity 2, or at least not the Dragon Knight Saga, which is superior game. Two Worlds II looks great... If you exclude the animations. It has good gameplay... In theory. It has better voice actors than the first game... Which doesn't say much. It's more focused... Maybe too focused. It has large landscapes... Without much on them. It's easier to Control... If you take the hours learning them. Et cetera. My point is that the negative triumphs over the positive with this game. You really need to appreciate what's under to fully enjoy it. Not that many People do.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#7  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I played enough Two Worlds 2 to tell you that I didn't want to play anymore Two Worlds 2.

NyxFe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NyxFe

I really loved Two Worlds 2  for some reason. I guess I'm a rare breed. If you can look past the jank I think it's a solid game and a lot of fun. And some of the storyline is just insane. 

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pweidman

I completed the game and liked it quite a bit. There were some really cool ideas that were improved upon from the first game. The way you could have all the classes and gear to switch from quickly w/the d-pad for one. The spell system was incredibly deep and customizable too. I liked the summons stuff the best. The final boss was a pain in the ass and super tedious as I remember...like way too many games these days it seems. The game ran fine btw when installed, w/nowhere near the technical issues that plagued TW.

Multiplayer was really fun while there were people to play with and the Village mode was fun for a while too.

The world was huge and beautiful(although the desert area was way overbloomed), but too underpopulated admittedly.

Still the side quests were interesting, and the storyline quests were especially good imo. If you already like the eastern Euro type rpgs, you should really like this one if you give it a chance and get into it a ways.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By project343

I really enjoyed it. Janky open world WRPG with a cool spell creation system. Then again, I also enjoyed Two Worlds (#1), despite it being a mess of a bad game.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

Hmmm... I want to try this game now.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By fox01313

Probably wrote the longest blog like post of tips due to this game, sure the writing is rather average & thought that other RPGs had much better writing to it. Just wasn't a 10/10 game but slightly better than average with a ton of depth to it. Can't say I'd have recommended it before playing it but afterwards, if you like RPG games it's definitely one to dive into as it will keep you busy for a while.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Solh0und

So in theory, I SHOULD only pay $5 for it on PSN since it's a steal?

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By confusedowl

I really enjoyed it for a good while but I don't think it was worth me paying 60$ for it. Honestly, and I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here. I much preferred the first Two Worlds game.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Morrow

No. I had high expectations and was completely disappointed. Combat is a pain in the...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.