Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Two Worlds II

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Sequel to the cult hit action RPG Two Worlds, Two worlds II takes place years after the original and follows the story of the character from the first Two Worlds as he continues his struggle to defeat Lord Gandohar.

When the heck does this come out in North America?

dubios451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dubios451

Giant Bomb says it comes out today, but a lot of other places say the 25th? Anyone know? I hear the first one sucked but I'd at least like to rent this one...

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By McGhee
    @dubios451: Amazon says Januaray 25.
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CptBedlam

It's an extremely mediocre game. It's unbalanced and it's not as open as the map suggests.

Also, there were some dubious shenanigans going on with the European release a few weeks ago. Lots of shady viral marketing on gaming forums and the 90%-scores prior to release were all fake. The real reviews (with scores ranging from 70 to 80 % ) were all held back by an embargo.

I wouldn't be surprised if on some American gaming forums some freshs users will turn up soon praising the game as a new milestone in the rpg genre.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArchScabby

Hopefully never, it would be better for the country.  Save us from the pain.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By metal_mills
    @CptBedlam said:
    " It's an extremely mediocre game. It's unbalanced and it's not as open as the map suggests.  Also, there were some dubious shenanigans going on with the European release a few weeks ago. Lots of shady viral marketing on gaming forums and the 90%-scores prior to release were all fake. The real reviews (with scores ranging from 70 to 80 % ) were all held back by an embargo. "
    How do you know the 90% reviews were fake?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I never played the first game but it seemed like people enjoyed it because it was so bad it was good like a cult film such as The Room or Showgirls. 

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CptBedlam
    @Metal_Mills said:
    " @CptBedlam said:
    " It's an extremely mediocre game. It's unbalanced and it's not as open as the map suggests.  Also, there were some dubious shenanigans going on with the European release a few weeks ago. Lots of shady viral marketing on gaming forums and the 90%-scores prior to release were all fake. The real reviews (with scores ranging from 70 to 80 % ) were all held back by an embargo. "
    How do you know the 90% reviews were fake? "
    There is no proof I can show you, of course. But there most definitely was an embargo for any review that didn't give the game at least 90%. Some editors of bigger magazines and sites said their review was ready but they were not allowed to publish it. Also, the overwhelming majority of the early 90% reviews were small little outlets that no one knows really. After the game's release, not a single review with a 90% score was published but all the bigger and at least somewhat trustworthy sites were eventually free to publish their 70-80%-score-reviews. Soon after release, people who played the game across various gaming forums basically said it's a very lacking game in many aspects and definitely not a 90%-game.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jimbo

I finished it and liked it a lot.  Now I'm worried that I've been brainwashed as a Reality Pump sleeper agent.  Thanks.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CptBedlam
    @Jimbo said:
    " I finished it and liked it a lot.  Now I'm worried that I've been brainwashed as a Reality Pump sleeper agent.  Thanks. "
    Hey, it's nowhere near as bad as the first one and some people even liked that mess of a game.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CptBedlam said:
    "
    There is no proof I can show you, of course. But there most definitely was an embargo for any review that didn't give the game at least 90%. "
    From what I've gathered over my years following video game websites... this is a pretty common practise.
    dubios451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By dubios451

Ah well, I guess if it isn't out till the 25th I'll have more time to form a realistic opinion of it. I was lured by the promise of decent graphics and diablo style loot

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By metal_mills
    @CptBedlam said:
    " @Metal_Mills said:
    " @CptBedlam said:
    How do you know the 90% reviews were fake? "
    There is no proof I can show you, of course. But there most definitely was an embargo for any review that didn't give the game at least 90%. Some editors of bigger magazines and sites said their review was ready but they were not allowed to publish it. Also, the overwhelming majority of the early 90% reviews were small little outlets that no one knows really. After the game's release, not a single review with a 90% score was published but all the bigger and at least somewhat trustworthy sites were eventually free to publish their 70-80%-score-reviews. Soon after release, people who played the game across various gaming forums basically said it's a very lacking game in many aspects and definitely not a 90%-game. "
    It's common for embargo's to allow 90%+ reviews early.
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CptBedlam
    @Metal_Mills: Well, the majority of these reviews were written poorly and came from very little outlets no one really knew they existed. I'm convinced that most of these only exist for fake reviews. Some other small sites want the publicity that an early reviews grants them and therefore raise the score accordingly. No half-decent game reviewer would give this game a 9/10.

Yes, this is not the first time this is happing. It's a fairly regular practice in this business. But that doesn't make it alright. Additionally, as I said there was some heavy viral marketing going on with fake-user-accounts on various boards.
    Avatar image for aperturesilence
    ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ApertureSilence

From what my friends in Germany tell me, the key issue with this game is that the world is lifeless and empty.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By fox01313

No clue, the first one was average game but it had it's moments. Was nowhere near the scale & budget of Oblivion but I remember it had it's moments plus wasn't hard to burn through. The first one definitely falled in that same catagory as Gun & a few other games (that I can't think of at the moment) which were better off if they were put out on the Xbox/PS2 where it might have had a better chance (if they were still making games for the original Xbox). This one is stumped me too about the release as this sequel has been sitting in gamefly for quite a while & I took part in the website trivia questions that the developer put up on the November 2010 release. Guess they have enough money to keep it this far past the original release & if you're like me, you won't put your hopes too high on this sequel/franchise, so far from what I've seen it doesn't suck but it's not stellar plus not that broken of a game.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By dagas
    @CptBedlam said:
    "  I wouldn't be surprised if on some American gaming forums some freshs users will turn up soon praising the game as a new milestone in the rpg genre. "
    It's a new milestone in the RPG genre. 

just kidding, haven't played it. Played the demo for the first game and the frames per second seemed to be around 10-15 which just made it unplayable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.