A Quake style FPS is the largest game on Facebook..

#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I'm surprised this game is not even in our database, UberStrike is the largest FPS on Facebook! I tried it and I gotta say its a very old school FPS with small health packs and jump pads and great graphics, and hey guess what, its bloody free! No you don't have to play it via Facebook if you don't want to, you can play it via there site and its also on the Mac App store.

I recommend you all try it, especially if you enjoyed the old days of Quake.

#2 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

God that guy from MMOHut is annoying, I watch the videos occasionally but my god.

We got this over here. We're gonna go with this over there. Lets click over here. Lets create our character over there.

#3 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

If you enjoyed the old days of Quake, why wouldn't you just play Quake Live? I would. (and do)

#4 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

ÜberStrike, you say? Could they possibly have come up with a dumber name? Also, what is your metric for the "largest"? Do you mean in reference to file size? How is this thing I've never heard of bigger that FarmVille and Pet Hotel?

#5 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@chrismafuchris: Largest FPS on Facebook - Most used FPS on Facebook.

#6 Posted by 71Ranchero (2796 posts) -

UT2k4 and UT3 still have people playing. Also Quake Live.

I guess if your into social media then this is kind of neat though.

#7 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -
@Hizang The title clearly says "largest game on Facebook", not "largest FPS" or "Most Used FPS". Are you saying that the first person shooter is the only real type of video game?
#8 Posted by 71Ranchero (2796 posts) -

@chrismafuchris said:

@Hizang The title clearly says "largest game on Facebook", not "largest FPS" or "Most Used FPS". Are you saying that the first person shooter is the only real type of video game?

Over analyze much?

#9 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Atramentous said:

UT2k4 and UT3 still have people playing. Also Quake Live.

I guess if your into social media then this is kind of neat though.

and by that you mean if you are the type of person that likes "I PLAYED UBERSTRIKE!!!!!!!!" spammed on your wall ;)

My friend has like 10 different websites constantly posting on his wall, I had to mute his posts in the end.

#10 Posted by Fripplebubby (1028 posts) -

A free browser-based FPS on Facebook of all places seems like a great place to spawn the very worst sort of community, but that's not an inherent problem with the game itself. Does it use your profile name or is it all behind an avatar identity wall?

#11 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -
@CL60 said:

God that guy from MMOHut is annoying, I watch the videos occasionally but my god.

We got this over here. We're gonna go with this over there. Lets click over here. Lets create our character over there.

this 
#12 Posted by jakob187 (21731 posts) -

Any computer that is pushing that game can easily play Quake Live, UT2k4, or Quake 2/3. In turn, they should just play that.

Also, that guy's voice is fucking grating. I want him to fellate a .45 until it busts a nut onto the wall behind him.

#13 Posted by EuanDewar (5094 posts) -

This seems waaaaaay too slow to be fun for anyone who enjoyed Quake or UT.

#14 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

I'm tempted to play this to see how badly the people playing are.

#15 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
@kmdrkul

This is why I enjoy it, most people don't seem to know what there doing.
Makes me feel big!
#16 Posted by Zacagawea (1609 posts) -

HOLY SHIT DOES THIS GUY EVER STOP TALKING

#17 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

That's not Farmville.

#18 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -
@Hizang
@kmdrkul

This is why I enjoy it, most people don't seem to know what there doing.
Makes me feel big!
I'm back on board!
#19 Posted by believer258 (12100 posts) -

Well, at first I was going to ask why someone wouldn't just play Quake Live.

But then I saw how insanely bad some of those people are.

I think I may be pwning some n00bz l8r 2day.

#20 Posted by redefaulted (2799 posts) -

Huh, might have to try this out for the hell of it.

#21 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -
@Zacagawea said:

HOLY SHIT DOES THIS GUY EVER STOP TALKING

He never stops for the whole 15 minutes, I can't fucking believe this.
#22 Posted by Brother_PipPop (259 posts) -

I hate this guy. Ive watched a few videos with him Ive just learned to mute him.

#23 Posted by Vonocourt (2159 posts) -

He said facebook about five times in a row, I'm still trying to figure out if it was all in one sentence or not.

Also, game looks like a game. May give it a shot, but it looks entirely inconsequential.

#24 Posted by Brendan (8021 posts) -

@CL60 said:

I didn't last more than 3 minutes into that video, but I laughed the whole time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.