E3 2012 - Ubisoft Press Conference Discussion

#1 Edited by CitizenKane (10507 posts) -

created by Marz, winner of the E3 2012 Ubisoft Banner Challenge!

Welcome to the E3 2012 Ubisoft Press Conference Discussion

Welcome my fellow Giant Bomb comrades! Unless you have been living under a rock trying to avoid the zombie apocalypse that is sweeping the east coast of the United States, you know that E3 2012 is here! Keeping with the tradition, each of the three platform companies along with EA and Ubisoft will be holding press conferences to discuss their company and what they will offer the video game industry presently and in the future. As you know, this will create apocalyptic chaos across the Internet and, more importantly, the Giant Bomb community and forums. In order to help control the madness, we will have an official "sticky" thread for each of the conferences. This thread is dedicated to the discussion of everyone's general feelings/opinions/thoughts of the Ubisoft press conference.

Keep Discussion On-Topic!

This thread is dedicated solely for the general discussion of the Ubisoft press conference. What does this mean for you? Well, let me tell you with my patent-pending bullet points!

• Only discussion of the Ubisoft press conference is allowed. Please keep discussion of the other press conferences in their respective stickied threads.
  • No off-topic discussion at any time. Want to talk about the NBA or Stanley Cup Finals? Do so in other threads.

Any posts and discussions found in this thread that do not directly relate to the generality of the Ubisoft press conference will result in the guilty parties (i.e. users like you!) being sent a PM by one of the moderators (pray that yours won't be sent by MB)

Specific Announcements

As with every E3, there will be a lot of specific announcements of games/hardware/devices that you would like to discuss with your fellow comrades in the Giant Bomb community. We all certainly love your enthusiasm (it's what makes Giant Bomb special!), but this thread is only for the general, overall discussion of the Ubisoft press conference. We ask you to direct all threads/posts/discussions of specific announcements in the specific forums where they belong. You can learn best how to do this by ready my fellow mod Marino's E3 2012 and You! thread.

Game Forums

As with specific announcements made at these press conferences, we would like for you to not get caught up in deep discussions of individual games in this thread. We direct you to take those discussions into their respective forums (again, you can read more about this in the aforementioned E3 2012 and You! thread). Again, please do not overload this thread with discussion of individual games. Breaking this rule will, again, result in the guilty parties being sent a PM by one of the moderators.

Some Ubisoft press conference related forums you might want to use:

General Rules & Guidelines

Even during the week of full throttle shenanigans knows as E3, the normal rules and guidelines of the Giant Bomb community still apply. You can update yourself on the forum and wiki rules by visiting the Giant Bomb FAQ thread. In there, you can learn about all of the rules and proper instructions for the forums and Wiki. The sequence of punishments for breaking this rules still apply as well.

Live Streams

You can watch the Ubisoft press conference on SpikeTV or on the following live streams:

#2 Posted by Zacagawea (1599 posts) -

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#3 Posted by CitizenKane (10507 posts) -

Can't wait to hear more about Assassin's Creed III!

#4 Posted by Coafi (1490 posts) -

Ubisoft better announce something amazing!

#5 Posted by innacces14 (735 posts) -

*crosses fingers* Come on, Mr. Caffeine!

#6 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1140 posts) -

I think Aisha Tyler, she voices Lana in Archer and is a comedian, is hosting the event. She was just on G4 talking about Assassins Creed III.

#7 Posted by NegativeCero (3012 posts) -

Ready to have my soul crushed at yet another year lacking Beyond Good and Evil 2. AC3 look great though, so it's not all bad.

#8 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Possible new Prince of Persia and possible (not likely) Beyond Good and Evil 2 announcement plus guaranteed ACIII.  Good enough for me.  Hopefully Mr. Caffeine returns just for train wreck factor.

#9 Posted by SockemJetpack (408 posts) -

Calling it. New MC is Mr. Bath-Salts. Draw your own conclusions.

#10 Edited by Animasta (14712 posts) -

Rayman will be there right? At least there'll be SOMETHING colorful.

Unless they decided this will be Rayman's dark and gritty reboot

also don't see Ubisoft being worse than EA purely because of MoH. OH MY GOD.

#11 Posted by TheHT (11513 posts) -

@CitizenKane said:

• Only discussion of the EA press conference is allowed. Please keep discussion of the other press conferences in their respective stickied threads.
  • No off-topic discussion at any time. Want to talk about the NBA or Stanley Cup Finals? Do so in other threads.

Well shit. We're all gonna get banned.

#12 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@TheHT said:

@CitizenKane said:

• Only discussion of the EA press conference is allowed. Please keep discussion of the other press conferences in their respective stickied threads.

Well shit. We're all gonna get banned.

So how do you feel about the new direction Dead Space is going in?
#13 Edited by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

I'm glad Spike TV is staying with E3 coverage instead of switching to A 1000 Ways to Die.

EDIT: Damn

#14 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I LOVE EA!

#15 Posted by LiquidPrince (16006 posts) -

I have to go out for a bit. People have to list all the greatest releases for me when I get back!

#16 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@Animasta said:

What about Medal of Honor offended you? I'm just curious.

#17 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -

I am sad that the spike broadcast ended

#18 Posted by Animasta (14712 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Animasta said:

The game monitors real world conflicts and allows you to play them. Can't wait to shoot terrorists in Mali

#19 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Animasta said:

The game monitors real world conflicts and allows you to play them. Can't wait to shoot terrorists in Mali

Oh, yeah. Didn't the last Medal of Honor have you fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan or something? I never played it but I remember that being a big deal.

#20 Posted by TheHT (11513 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Animasta said:

I've felt a real distaste for all the nonchalance about violence this E3 so far. From Splinter Cells "this is killing in motion" to Medal of Honor's 'play current battles as they're happening/just happened'.

#21 Edited by Animasta (14712 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Animasta said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Animasta said:

Oh, yeah. Didn't the last Medal of Honor have you fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan or something? I never played it but I remember that being a big deal.

This is even worse, because they're actively scanning terrible fucking conflicts just to put in more maps and shit into their shooter, not just Taliban.

#22 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

ibihard for ubisoft and that AC3!

#23 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I want to see some AC3 forest action.

#24 Posted by hoossy (936 posts) -

Oh god I just remembered how ridiculous Ubisoft conferences are.... actually, with Microsoft and EA being such a snoozefest.... dare I say I'm looking forward to Mr. Caffeine?

#25 Posted by Dalai (7040 posts) -
@SockemJetpack said:

Calling it. New MC is Mr. Bath-Salts. Draw your own conclusions.

Somebody's face will be eaten, then they'll show off a sequel to that laser tag thing.
#26 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@hoossy said:

dare I say I'm looking forward to Mr. Caffeine?

I think we're in for a disappointment.
#27 Posted by Marz (5658 posts) -

sweet, my banner got chosen :D

#28 Posted by hoossy (936 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Animasta said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Animasta said:

This is even worse, because they're actively scanning terrible fucking conflicts just to put in more maps and shit into their shooter, not just Taliban.

wait... what? I don't remember hearing that. How are they doing that?

#29 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Assassin's Creed III is the only thing I'm looking forward to with this conference.

#30 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -

come on Mr. Caffeine

#31 Posted by TheDrewggernaut (23 posts) -

@Marz: great job!

#32 Posted by Jimbo (9867 posts) -

I think we need a few more versions of Uncharted to come out next year.

#33 Posted by michaelfossbakk (236 posts) -

@FrankCanada97 said:

I'm glad Spike TV is staying with E3 coverage instead of switching to A 1000 Ways to Die.

EDIT: Damn

I know that feel, bro.

#34 Edited by TheHT (11513 posts) -

I will not mind if this is the whole conference.

edit: minus Flo Rider.

#35 Posted by Dethfish (3685 posts) -

This is amazing

#36 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Well, its certainly a Ubisoft press conference...

#37 Edited by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Ubisoft, you're not off to a good start.

Edit: That mic. LOL

#38 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -

what the hell is on that microphone?

#39 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

What a way to start....

Fuck.

#40 Posted by Funman (51 posts) -

C'mon wardrobe malfunction....

#41 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Oh God the microphone o.o

#42 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -

put your hands up

#43 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Florida State is getting laid later.

#44 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1140 posts) -

Lana...

Lana...

LANA!!!!!!!!

Danga zoooone.

#45 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

This host makes a good first impression though. 

#46 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Ubisoft: Touch the Magic

#47 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -

I can't stop thinking about her her archer character

#48 Posted by michaelfossbakk (236 posts) -

Lana from Archer! <3

#49 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Tobuscus?

The hell. Didn't expect that. xD

#50 Posted by Jimbo (9867 posts) -

The hosting was looking promising for a moment there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.