Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ubisoft Entertainment

Company »

Ubisoft Entertainment (pronounced yoo-bee-soft) is a French videogame developer and publisher, with its headquarters in Montreuil-Sous-Bois, France.

Longest credit rolls in video game history

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Christ, dude.  They have to have this unofficial record.  Jeff himself commented on the Splinter Cell credits, which actually ran so long that I beat the game, watched for a minute, went and had a shower, and they were still on.

I just wrapped up the new Prince game.  Same story.  I managed to watch a couple trailers, make a couple posts and write this out and it's on the Korean localization.

I'm not necessarily complaining, they're skippable, I just find it amusing that all Ubisoft games have somewhere around 3,000 people listed as working on them.  I wouldn't be surprised if I was in there.  Oh, and Balazs Horvath did the compositing.  Just thought you'd want to know.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

It's like everyone and their motha...

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Brodehouse:  I think it's a good thing that they give credit where credit is due, no matter how significant the person's contribution to the game was.  They recognize that, without all those people, the game wouldn't be as it is.  It's a good thing.
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

You should feel bad for their testers... Someone had to sit through all of those and read every name to make sure it was spelled right.

I remember the credits for Metal Gear Solid 2 being extremely long, ten minutes plus I believe... But it probably only sticks out in my mind because they're unskippable so you have to sit through them to get your clear save, and I beat that game quite a few times.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Djeffers03

If I remember correctly Farcry 2 had a very long credit sequence and worst of all it wasn't skippable. A great way to top off a pretty shitty game.... 

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I know Vinny timed Rayman Origins at 20+ minutes last year but anyone aware of potential longer ones? My personal opinion is credits are too long if the controller turns off, and if that is the case have a little video like Bio Infinite that plays halfway through, that was fantastic. Also good music is a plus too.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Duke Nukem Forever had some long credits too..

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By cloudymusic

Sleeping Dogs had some pretty long credits. Even with the fast forward button held down they still lasted probably a good several minutes.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By redcream

Yeah, I just recently finished Splinter Cell Conviction and hot damn the credits' length is maybe a tenth of the game. It's okay though as long as there's no hidden ending after the roll.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I can remember that you couldn't skip the credits in the first Assassin's Creed game... Just one extra notch as to why I fucking hated that game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.