My wish: Assassin's Creed engine for Crackdown 3

Posted by Alphazero (1536 posts) -

I recently completed Crackdown 2, and liked it. Jumping is fun. Climbing is fun. Climbing then jumping then gliding is fun.  

Here's the part where Crackdown 2 really shines: climbing, jumping, gliding, then jumping while shooting, jumping again while shooting, switching guns mid-jump, shooting again, then landing for a melee kill.... that's REALLY fun, at least for me. When I got on a good run like that, I was having a blast. 

Unfortunately, Crackdown is not without its problems. The climbing is a bit rough. Sections of windows that look like you should be able to grab on to don't work. Even sections of walls that you absolutely can grab on to don't reliably work, which can be very frustrating as you climb some of the larger towers. The whole time I was having trouble with it I kept thinking, "I wish the climbing here was as smooth as Assassin's Creed 2." 

So, Ubisoft if you're listening, my suggestion is a Crackdown style game with the Anvil engine. 

But then, maybe that's exactly what Assassin's Creed 3 (suggested subtitle: "Desmond Gets His") is going to be.

#1 Posted by Alphazero (1536 posts) -

I recently completed Crackdown 2, and liked it. Jumping is fun. Climbing is fun. Climbing then jumping then gliding is fun.  

Here's the part where Crackdown 2 really shines: climbing, jumping, gliding, then jumping while shooting, jumping again while shooting, switching guns mid-jump, shooting again, then landing for a melee kill.... that's REALLY fun, at least for me. When I got on a good run like that, I was having a blast. 

Unfortunately, Crackdown is not without its problems. The climbing is a bit rough. Sections of windows that look like you should be able to grab on to don't work. Even sections of walls that you absolutely can grab on to don't reliably work, which can be very frustrating as you climb some of the larger towers. The whole time I was having trouble with it I kept thinking, "I wish the climbing here was as smooth as Assassin's Creed 2." 

So, Ubisoft if you're listening, my suggestion is a Crackdown style game with the Anvil engine. 

But then, maybe that's exactly what Assassin's Creed 3 (suggested subtitle: "Desmond Gets His") is going to be.

#2 Posted by Baillie (4040 posts) -

It's not hard at all. Your climbing skills suck! Get training, agent.

#3 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@Alphazero said:

"   

#4 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5122 posts) -

It wouldn't be Crackdown?

#5 Posted by Alphazero (1536 posts) -
@Baillie said:
" It's not hard at all. Your climbing skills suck! Get training, agent. "
You're definitely right about that. 

@SethPhotopoulos said:
" It wouldn't be Crackdown? "
I'm thinking not actually Crackdown, but similar style. Super jumps, climbing, urban setting, the Assassin's Creed style parkour, but with guns. Lots of guns.
#6 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Just Cause 2?

#7 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

I like the idea! It's definitely something I'd like to see, but the Assassin's Creed engine might kill the artistic style of Crackdown. The games are cel-shaded and Assassin's Creed's engine might mess with that aspect.

#8 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10552 posts) -
@valrog said:
" Just Cause 2? "
This. 
#9 Posted by Alphazero (1536 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @valrog said:
" Just Cause 2? "
This.  "
Cool. It's on my list. I'll give it a go. 
#10 Posted by Gnubberen (762 posts) -

Infamous might also do the trick

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.