Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ubisoft Entertainment

Company »

Ubisoft Entertainment (pronounced yoo-bee-soft) is a French videogame developer and publisher, with its headquarters in Montreuil-Sous-Bois, France.

So, Is Ubisoft's 'Battle Tag' Going to Exist on Giant Bomb?

zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zonerover

Just watched the E3 video of Battle Tag and thought I'd do a search for it on GiantBomb.com

IT'S NOT THERE

Frankly, if it weren't produced by Ubisoft and shown at E3, this something I'd never think to look up on Giant Bomb. In fact, allowing it might result in a flood of other fake laser tag items to be allowed on the site, something I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with.

On the other hand, Giant Bomb is a videogame website about videogames. If a Kinect or Move game counts as one, why shouldn't Battle Tag count as one too?

Thoughts on creating/not creating this page?

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Kinect or Move games are played on dedicated systems for them. Yeah Battle Tag uses the PC as its interface, but there aren't those stupid wallpaper games from Xbox Live Indie on the database either.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Ineedaname

It could be argued the part for the PC, is more of a program than it is a game.
    But on the other hand, it depends on what features are in it, for all we know it could have some form of light gun mode nearer to it's release, thus making it a game.

As it stands I'm in favour of leaving it out though.

zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zonerover
    @OwnlyUzinWonHan: Good point on the Xbox Indie games. One possible example against (you could argue they should exist on the site too, but that's a different topic).

@Ineedaname:  BTW I just thought, according to one guy in the video you can play Team Deathmatch with this. That is a videogame concept.
    clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By clarke0

Although it may employ some video game concepts this "game" is merely a program that tracks score for laser tag. Move and Kinect games are involved with interacting with a game being processed live by a gaming console.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

No Caption Provided
    zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zonerover
    @clarke0 said:

" Although it may employ some video game concepts this "game" is merely a program that tracks score for laser tag. Move and Kinect games are involved with interacting with a game being processed live by a gaming console. "

I only just thought to look up what a videogame is one Wikipedia 

A video game is an electronic game that involves interaction with a user interface to generate visual feedback on a video device. The word video in video game traditionally referred to a raster display device.However, with the popular use of the term "video game", it now implies any type of display device

I think this has probably swayed me way into the NOT camp. Was worth putting the idea out there though.

@JJOR64: Would love to see how well Jeff's thumb skills help him to dodge "real" shots in some kind of stupid quicklook, even though I don't think this is a videogame.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.