UbiSoft sale week on Steam

#1 Posted by SuperMooseman (358 posts) -
#2 Edited by MattyFTM (14369 posts) -

I don't want sales, I want the rest of ubisofts steam library to be available in europe. I'd totally buy their The Settlers games that are on there if they were available here. I used to be a huge fan of The Settlers games, but got out of them recently, I'd get back into them if they were handy to download from steam. They're avaliable in america, why not here!!!!

#3 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Dual core processor required? I don't meet that requirement so I obviously won't be buying.

#4 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Totally sweet. Man, this + the indie sale means I'm going to be spending loaaads of money this week.

#5 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
Geno said:
"Totally sweet. Man, this + the indie sale means I'm going to be spending loaaads of money this week. "
That's kind of bumming me out. I'm already spending more money than I should be, and Steam's sales aren't helping.
#6 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

Yeah but I don't like playing PC games and I have a PC that could run most games.

#7 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
Wolverine said:
"Yeah but I don't like playing PC games and I have a PC that could run most games."
I'm not really sure who you're responding to.
#8 Posted by mracoon (4967 posts) -

I hope Prince of Persia's on sale as I don't really want to get it for full price.

#9 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

I'm betting that World in Conflict is going to be one of these deals.

#10 Posted by LuckyWanderDude (929 posts) -

Steam is on a roll this week. I love it!

#11 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Today's deal is Prince of Persia for $24.99. Head on over to the store if you want to buy it. A word of warning: do not buy the Prince of Persia Pack. It has not been discounted, and will cost you $10 more than buying each game individually.

#12 Posted by MattyFTM (14369 posts) -

Good deal. I already have it on 360 though, and I doubt my PC could run it.

#13 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

I'm not sure I can run it either. I only have it because I was able to get the whole Prince of Persia Pack at a great price.

#14 Edited by MattyFTM (14369 posts) -
LordAndrew said:
"A word of warning: do not buy the Prince of Persia Pack. It has not been discounted, and will cost you $10 more than buying each game individually."
That link just redirects to the steam homepage, I guess they've taken the PoP Pack down to prevent confusion.

EDIT: Unless it's just not available in the UK, which is also a possibility
#15 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"LordAndrew said:
"A word of warning: do not buy the Prince of Persia Pack. It has not been discounted, and will cost you $10 more than buying each game individually."
That link just redirects to the steam homepage, I guess they've taken the PoP Pack down to prevent confusion."
Still works for me. It's probably not available in Europe like you mentioned yesterday.
#16 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

I hope they put something on sale that I don't already have.

#17 Posted by MattyFTM (14369 posts) -

Todays deal is Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

I must say, I'm really pleased that the deals so far are all games that probably won't run on my PC, otherwise my wallet would probably be considerably lighter now. I just hope it continues tomorrow and friday. I can't afford to keep spending money in steam sales.

#18 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

Steam has some great sales, these deals are fantastic.

#19 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Yeah, I don't think I could run it either. By only picking recent games, Ubisoft and Valve are actually going easy on my wallet this week.

#20 Posted by MattyFTM (14369 posts) -
#21 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

Damn, too late for Assassin's Creed.

I guess I might try out Far Cry 2, considering it's only 15 bucks.

#22 Edited by Snail (8595 posts) -

Finally a game that I don't own!
Far Cry 2 it is.

EDIT: Or.. not. I've played this game and I wouldn't buy it for 15€... I still have to finish Crysis and to buy Crysis Warhead, so why should I buy Far Cry 2? I'll wait for a HAWX promotion.

#23 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
#24 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

I already bought Far Cry on Steam. Would this give me a copy of Far Cry to gift to someone else? Steam isn't quite clear on this.

#25 Posted by GobiasIndustries (356 posts) -

Oh man this is the perfect chance to play Beyond Good and Evil.

<3 Steam.

#26 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
LordAndrew said:
"I already bought Far Cry on Steam. Would this give me a copy of Far Cry to gift to someone else? Steam isn't quite clear on this."
If you buy a copy of the Orange Box and you already have one of the games, you have a copy to gift. So...maybe? Either way it's a good deal, any one of those games alone is worth the full package price.
#27 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
Geno said:
"LordAndrew said:
"I already bought Far Cry on Steam. Would this give me a copy of Far Cry to gift to someone else? Steam isn't quite clear on this."
If you buy a copy of the Orange Box and you already have one of the games, you have a copy to gift. So...maybe? Either way it's a good deal, any one of those games alone is worth the full package price. "
I think that's a special case.
This page says:

Do any other games available on Steam work this way?

No. This special offer only applies to “Half-Life 2,” “Half-Life 2: Episode One,” “Half-Life 2: Episode Two,” and the “Left 4 Dead Four Pack” as stated above.

So it's looking like I won't get an extra copy to gift.
You know what? I think I might pass on this deal. I already own Beyond Good and Evil on the PS2, and I was never really interested in the other two games anyway.
#28 Posted by Axersia (1615 posts) -

I already own a physical PC copy of Beyond Good & Evil and have no interest in the flight sim, but I bought it anyway because I did wanna play the other 2 games.

In fact, if this Steam deal didn't happen I would've gotten Far Cry for $10 from GOG.com, so there really wasn't any reason not to buy it from Steam aside from GOG.com's DRM-free-ness.

Poor GOG.com... I wanna support them, I really do; but Steam always trumps them with their sales.

#29 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

I just noticed that the Far Cry 2 sale has been extended to Monday. So if you missed your chance on Thursday, head on over to the store and grab yourself a copy. Er, digital copy? Whatever. Just buy the damn game if you want it. :P

#30 Posted by KnifeySpoony (1164 posts) -

I'm still undecided on whether or not I want to buy Far Cry 2 :(

#31 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
KnifeySpoony said:
"I'm still undecided on whether or not I want to buy Far Cry 2 :("
Me too. I like the graphics but I HATED S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I'm not sure if Fary Cry 2 will be different.
#32 Posted by KnifeySpoony (1164 posts) -

See that's the same with me. I bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (The first one on a whim for $5 over the holidays, I seriously suck balls at it even on easiest) I want to like this game but I've heard so much stuff from both sides.

#33 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
KnifeySpoony said:
"See that's the same with me. I bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (The first one on a whim for $5 over the holidays, I seriously suck balls at it even on easiest) I want to like this game but I've heard so much stuff from both sides."
The thing that I hated most about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was its horrible, buggy aiming and drab environment. I think Far Cry 2 is missing both those things, so I want to give it a chance. The thing is, between the Steam indie sale and Ubisoft Week I've already spent quite a bit of money, plus I have to get Braid on Tuesday, so I'm not really sure. I'm going to go check out the reviews page.
#34 Edited by KnifeySpoony (1164 posts) -

I need someone whose bought far cry 2 from this deal to give me their impressions. Or just more opinions on the game.

edit: After sifting through some user reviews I'm going to pass on this I think.

#35 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
KnifeySpoony said:
"I need someone whose bought far cry 2 from this deal to give me their impressions. Or just more opinions on the game.edit: After sifting through some user reviews I'm going to pass on this I think."
Yeah I was thinking the same.
#36 Posted by KnifeySpoony (1164 posts) -

Ugh, I just tried playing stalker some more, I get past some mutant dogs, get to a stronghold with a shitload of neutral guys who I talk with and then I go two feet more to some other dude and he shoots me on the spot. Fuck that game man.

#37 Posted by Babble (1270 posts) -

Even with the bad reviews $15 for Far Cry 2 is very tempting.

#38 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
Geno said:
"KnifeySpoony said:
"See that's the same with me. I bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (The first one on a whim for $5 over the holidays, I seriously suck balls at it even on easiest) I want to like this game but I've heard so much stuff from both sides."
The thing that I hated most about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was its horrible, buggy aiming and drab environment. I think Far Cry 2 is missing both those things, so I want to give it a chance. The thing is, between the Steam indie sale and Ubisoft Week I've already spent quite a bit of money, plus I have to get Braid on Tuesday, so I'm not really sure. I'm going to go check out the reviews page. "
If it helps, Braid has been pushed back to April 10.
#39 Posted by mracoon (4967 posts) -

I was going to buy PoP but I found it cheaper for the 360 so I got that version instead. I think games like that don't need a mouse and keyboard to play well so it doesn't matter what platform it's on.

#40 Posted by KnifeySpoony (1164 posts) -

Well, and the PoP deal has been over since Thursday right?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.