Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

Current Favorite MMA Fighters

optic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By optic

While I have many fighters I actually like more, and of course recognize the superior skills of, right now I just can't get enough of Eddie Alvarez's fights. I really anticipate seeing him rematching Hansen, and so many other match ups would be amazing. There's something much more fulfilling about following a prospect then just really backing a proven great.

FW: Kid Yamamoto
    LW: Eddie Alvarez
    WW: Thiago Alves
    MW: Anderson Silva
    LHW: Lyoto Machida
    HW: Remember, Minotauro Nogueira never looses, he just runs out of time.

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Evilross

Fedor > all

At this point, he should just retire from MMA and do his Sambo events. There is noone that can even make a fight competitive with him, much less beat him.

Fedor Emelianenko
    Fedor Emelianenko
    DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DarkLegend

^ He looks tough!

lux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lux

Fedor is fucking unstoppable.

optic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By optic

Of course Fedor is the best, but I think there are still some great threats and match ups for him. Josh Barnett and Arlovski are big threats I think. If you remember Fujita completely rocked Fedor, but Fedor clinched up and recovered. I really don't think Randy has a chance though. Very similar styles, Fedor just does it way better.

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Evilross

Fujita is prolly the hardest striker in the sport, other then maybe Cro-Cop's kicks, and he couldn't stop him. Barnett doesn't have the technical skills, and would be subbed. Arlovskl is intresting, because he is one of the few other good Sambo guys in MMA, and he can be very patient when he needs to be, but his chin is questionable, and his skillset is nowhere near Fedors. Randy would be owned, and pretty quickly. Lesnar (who I happen to think has alot of potental actually) isn't anywere near ready to fight Fedor, he'd be lucky to last as long as Timmeh did. Mir is just not good enough. Big Nog's already lost to him twice, and he hasn't improved much while Fedor looks even better....
    Really, who else is there?
    Move some people up in weight class? Silvia? Wand? Chuck? (snicker)

AEKtzis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AEKtzis

LW Eddie Alvarez - After the last fight how can i not put him here. The man has heart and a very bright future ahead of him.
    WW George Sotiropoulos - He is Greek like myself...i know not a great reason but whatever. He was going to fight Karo but got injured :(
    MW Anderson Silva - Because I can't really think of anyone else right now lol
    LHW Shogun - idk really i just like him. I think he can beat Forrest in a rematch.
    HW Fedor - I think the name says it all.

I do agree with you optic on Big Nog. You cant knock him out (his face must be titanium plated) and his Jiu Jitsu excellent so you can't make him tap, so you are right he just runs out of time lol.

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hulk

Flyweight:The division is so competitive and it's really hard to name a #1 since the top 10 all have losses to each other, but Hulk favorite is probably Mamoru Yamaguchi. He  was dominating Kojima until he slipped up and got caught. 

Bantamweight: Miguel Torres without a doubt.  Amazing fighter.

Featherweight: Toss up between Kid and Urijah Faber.  Hulk think Kid takes the fight but Urijah has really won Hulk over.

Lightweight: BJ Penn.  No one is even close to him at 155.  Nobody.

Welterweight: Toss up between GSP and Karo.  GSP is easily the better fighter but Hulk always had a soft spot for Karo and his fighting style.  If BJ moves back up to 170 on New Years Eve like is rumored then BJ take this spot on Hulk list.

MIddleweight: Dan Henderson.  6/10 times he handles Anderson, unfortunately for Hendo the last fight was one of the 4/10.

Light Heavyweight: Wanderlei Silva.  Probably Hulk overall favorite fighter just for his intensity and some of the amazing fights he's been in previously.

Heavyweight: Fedor.  Huge fan ever since he dethroned Big Nog and smashed K1 stand outs like Gary Goodridge and Semmy Schilt.  Baddest man on the planet and pound for pound King.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Subway

Anderson Silva, Diego Sanchez, BJ Penn, and Tito Ortiz even though he is trash now.

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Evilross
    Hulk said:
    "Flyweight:The division is so competitive and it's really hard to name a #1 since the top 10 all have losses to each other, but Hulk favorite is probably Mamoru Yamaguchi. He  was dominating Kojima until he slipped up and got caught. 

Featherweight: Toss up between Kid and Urijah Faber.  Hulk think Kid takes the fight but Urijah has really won Hulk over.

Welterweight: Toss up between GSP and Karo.  GSP is easily the better fighter but Hulk always had a soft spot for Karo and his fighting style.  If BJ moves back up to 170 on New Years Eve like is rumored then BJ take this spot on Hulk list.

MIddleweight: Dan Henderson.  6/10 times he handles Anderson, unfortunately for Hendo the last fight was one of the 4/10.

Light Heavyweight: Wanderlei Silva.  Probably Hulk overall favorite fighter just for his intensity and some of the amazing fights he's been in previously.

Heavyweight: Fedor.  Huge fan ever since he dethroned Big Nog and smashed K1 stand outs like Gary Goodridge and Semmy Schilt.  Baddest man on the planet and pound for pound King.
    "
    I really like watching Wand too. It just boggles my mind why he couldn't put Chuck to sleep. Wand's KO'd much better fighters then Chuck, including Rampage twice in Pride, and Jardine in his last UFC mach, both of who beat Liddell.  I demand a rematch!
    Unfortunanly Dana White is prolly gonna give Chuck a title shot at Forrest as soon as he can, so I don't think Wand will get a shot at him again anytime soon.
    Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hulk
    Evilross said:
    "Hulk said:
    "Flyweight:The division is so competitive and it's really hard to name a #1 since the top 10 all have losses to each other, but Hulk favorite is probably Mamoru Yamaguchi. He  was dominating Kojima until he slipped up and got caught. 

"
    I really like watching Wand too. It just boggles my mind why he couldn't put Chuck to sleep. Wand's KO'd much better fighters then Chuck, including Rampage twice in Pride, and Jardine in his last UFC mach, both of who beat Liddell.  I demand a rematch!
    Unfortunanly Dana White is prolly gonna give Chuck a title shot at Forrest as soon as he can, so I don't think Wand will get a shot at him again anytime soon.
    "
    Big rumor is that if Chuck beats Rashad in Atlanta he will get a title shot.  When Machida deserves a title shot more than anyone. 

Wanderlei didn't look so great in the Chuck fight and Hulk think it due to lack of preparation and lack of proper sparring partners.  He only sparred with Shawn Thompkins the entire time and should have been sparring with someone bigger. 

Plus Wanderlei seemed to have a bad game plan and due to already being on a two loss streak he was hesitant to be aggressive and risk being caught with a counter shot.  During the Jardine fight Wanderlei looked to be back to his old self and hopefully has regained his old mental edge.
    Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Evilross

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Shogun will get the match against Forrest if Chuck loses to Evans. I dont think that will happen though. And I'll also say Forrest will beat Chuck in a title match.  I'm starting to be a believer in Forrest, although that loss to Jardine is holding me back for thinking hes really an elite LHW.

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hulk

Hulk think Forrest just slipped up and got caught against Jardine.  It happens to everyone at some point, even Lord Fedor almost had this happen.

Forrest is the real deal and has the tools to give anyone a fight.  Hulk think it very likely that Chuck get the shot since he's the golden boy of the UFC and the management want to give him every chance to regain the belt and headline title fights.  Any fight with Forrest can go either way, there's no one in the division that I say he definitely beats because he is very beatable, but at the same time he has the tools to take anyone to a decision and win.

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By whyzenheimer

Wanderlei the fucking "AXE MURDERER" Silva.  You don't get better fighting names than that.  Except for maybe "Twinkle Toes", haha.  There are plenty of fighters I like, and many of them may have better technique than Silva, but I just love watching him fight.  Not going to take the time to break it down by every weight class, sorry.

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Evilross

Rare pic of Keith Jardine when he had hair.

The Dean of Mean
    The Dean of Mean

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hulk

Hulk laugh.

deboer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deboer

1- GSP
    2- Penn
    3- Torres

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By ProfessorEss

SP and Griffin are my faves at the moment.

Jon Fitch really moved up in my books after watching that epic amount of damage he soaked at 87 - I still can't believe he stayed alive for all five like that.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By demonbear

Georges St-Pierre baby GSP FTW!

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HandsomeDead
    demonbear said:
    "Georges St-Pierre baby GSP FTW!"
    Yeah, GSP is the man. Also, Forrest Griffen is another of my favourites. Following him from TUF to Light Heavyweight Champion has been amazing. He just keeps improving and improving, even after he was screwed out of a victory against Tito Ortiz.
    agk190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By agk190

Kenny Florian

Avatar image for shogunsupremacy
    ShogunSupremacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShogunSupremacy

Rashad Evans
    Roger Huerta (This guys deserves a title shot)
    Rich Franklin (Even though he cannot win a damn match!)
    Anderson Silva
    Forrest Griffin

Tim Silva (HAHAHAHAHA Yeah right, I hate that fat piece of shit)

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.