Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

Judging by playing the demo...

• 73 results
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By PureRok

All I had to do was read the name and I knew this game sucked.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By get2sammyb

I thought the demo was a bit clunky but I need to play a few times to get a grip on the controls. To be fair, I was just button bashing.

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By stealthdf2
    PureCok said:
    "All I had to do was read the name and I knew this game sucked."

i hope you dont judge every book by its cover...... when i read your name i knew your were gay. feels nice doesnt it
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By CL60
    stealthdf2 said:
    "PureCok said:
    i hope you dont judge every book by its cover...... when i read your name i knew your were gay. feels nice doesnt it"
    Yeah, I'll never get retards like him.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#55  Edited By Vinchenzo
    CL60 said:
    "stealthdf2 said:
    "PureCok said:
    i hope you dont judge every book by its cover...... when i read your name i knew your were gay. feels nice doesnt it"
    Yeah, I'll never get retards like him. "
    So first you stealth changes PureRok's name to "PureCok" and then makes a gay joke? Pretty fucking original. Of course it's never complete without CL60 chiming in.

I highly doubt this thread will continue discussion normally. Best to just be locked.
    stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By stealthdf2

just showing him what it feels like to be judged by absolutley nothing other than uneducated douchebaggery. so making myself look like an ass was the whole point

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Hairydutchman

They should make a K1 game with this engine, because it looks amazing.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By CL60
    Vinchenzo said:
    "CL60 said:
    "stealthdf2 said:
    "PureCok said:
    Yeah, I'll never get retards like him. "
    So first you stealth changes PureRok's name to "PureCok" and then makes a gay joke? Pretty fucking original. Of course it's never complete without CL60 chiming in.I highly doubt this thread will continue discussion normally. Best to just be locked."
    So you agree with somebody judging a game based on it's fucking name? Good job fucktard.
    bigpig33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By bigpig33
    ParanoidFreak said:
    "Jothel said:
    "no you can disagree but just do it in a more intelligent manor, don't just say "BLARGH TERRIBLE RARGH" then leave, there was nothing to be gained by it"
    Earlier that day...
    "Well i respectively disagree and ask you to best spend your time in another part of this site where you will be better suitednow GTFO."
    I think you should try some of your own advice, judging by the second post I quoted.  Anyways, I'm done with this silly argument now, you have your opinion and I have mine."
    this is about the demo if you are not going to play the demo because you hate the sport then there is no point for you being here
    Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Thunder

im liking how deep the game is the only problem i have is that the controls for combos and grappling are confusing 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By CL60
    Thunder said:
    "im liking how deep the game is the only problem i have is that the controls for combos and grappling are confusing "
    Yeah, it's fairly deep and will take a lot of getting used to.
    stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By stealthdf2
    Thunder said:
    "im liking how deep the game is the only problem i have is that the controls for combos and grappling are confusing "

i think i understand them correctly  but implementing them is the hard part. it looks like it says to spin the right stick in a diagonal down then either a quarter circle up or a half circle up???

is that correct or am i way off?

all i know is when i try to defend against a mount on the ground it is hard to get my fighter to respond to those commands and it seems like i am doing the movement the same way when it works or doesnt work so im not sure where i am going wrong or if it is all just chance based like the roll of a dice...which would be really lame for a fighting game.

One thing i am worried about is the counter system cause they tell you what the controls are but give no advice on timing except that you must time it correctly.......but when is the correct time?
    BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By BigBoss1911
    stealthdf2 said:
    "i felt the same but i think it has surpased expectations. anyone that complains you can get a 1 hit win doesnt know anything about MMA cause thats how it is in real life. I played several fights against both the computer and a friend and it was a blast doing both. getting a sudden knock out is sucha thrill and mostly unexpected by even the person throwing the punch. once timei gota crazy KO and i was like how did that KO him. In the replay you could see the punch landed right on the temple so just as in real life he dropped like a sack of taters so to speak. Im hooked"
    Yep.Also some people gota relize that you cant just use the same moves all the time,you gota actually have fun with it.
    stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By stealthdf2
    BigBoss1911 said:
    "stealthdf2 said:
    "i felt the same but i think it has surpased expectations. anyone that complains you can get a 1 hit win doesnt know anything about MMA cause thats how it is in real life. I played several fights against both the computer and a friend and it was a blast doing both. getting a sudden knock out is sucha thrill and mostly unexpected by even the person throwing the punch. once timei gota crazy KO and i was like how did that KO him. In the replay you could see the punch landed right on the temple so just as in real life he dropped like a sack of taters so to speak. Im hooked"
    Yep.Also some people gota relize that you cant just use the same moves all the time,you gota actually have fun with it.
    "

yea kinda like with the force unleashed , if you stand there like a retard swinging the light saber in one way thee yea of course the game sucks. IF you mix it up and use all the tools provided then it turns into an epic battle. Samething here, if you just throw the same punches over and over of course you will get board quick. I like to mix it up and make it realistic and its like im watching a real fight almost.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By CL60

And if you button mash on the harder difficulties you will get destroyed.

rpommier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By rpommier

I was waiting on Fight Night 4, but after playing this demo, this is the game I am going to buy.  The fighting is deep and brutal.  The graphics are also very good.  This game wasn't even on my radar until playing the demo.  I hope they don't wear out the series by making it an annual release.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By TheFreeMan

I played the demo for about a hour and a half with my little brother. It was fun. Graphics were good, although the animations were sort of "eh".

Some of the game just seems extremely odd, though. Now, I didn't take the tutorial, but my brother did and we both still couldn't figure out very well how to get someone off of you. I would move the right stick around and sometimes I would get lucky and push him off, and once I put him in a submission hold for a tapout.

Knockouts seem almost completely random. Once, I got him down and pounded his face for quite some time and when he finally got me off he elbowed me in the face and I was KOd. Similarly, the first punch I threw knocked him out right away in the next match. Strange.

I liked the commentary, though after about five games with the same characters things started to get sort of repetitive. So, it was a fun game, maybe worth a rent. I don't think I'll be buying it, however.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jothel
    TheFreeMan said:
    "I liked the commentary, though after about five games with the same characters things started to get sort of repetitive.
    I began to think the same but to be fair there are 80+ fighters on the game and if they all have that amount of commentary then it's pretty cool

CPlusPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By CPlusPlus
    Jothel said:
    "CPlusPlus said:
    "kmdrkul said:
    "charla said:
    "my bf wants this game he's into that UFC "
    I'm, uh, into you. "

you, uh, need to get out of your mom's basement you loser! ZOMG!!1!! I seez a girl on a game website. I'm super ugly so I better use my nerdy flirting skills on the internet where nobody can see my pimply face. Maybe she'll like me! 

Get a fucking life you idiot!

"
    Wow yeah cause he was being 100% seriousyou're a real lovely person"
    Wow yeah, you must be his boyfriend. And I am being 100% serious.
    You are a real ugly person.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By CL60
    TheFreeMan said:
    "I played the demo for about a hour and a half with my little brother. It was fun. Graphics were good, although the animations were sort of "eh".Some of the game just seems extremely odd, though. Now, I didn't take the tutorial, but my brother did and we both still couldn't figure out very well how to get someone off of you. I would move the right stick around and sometimes I would get lucky and push him off, and once I put him in a submission hold for a tapout.Knockouts seem almost completely random. Once, I got him down and pounded his face for quite some time and when he finally got me off he elbowed me in the face and I was KOd. Similarly, the first punch I threw knocked him out right away in the next match. Strange.I liked the commentary, though after about five games with the same characters things started to get sort of repetitive. So, it was a fun game, maybe worth a rent. I don't think I'll be buying it, however."
    The knockout thing motley depends on where the punch landed and depending on how tired you were, if you were on the ground just pummeling consistently than got up and got elbowed full on in the face you were probably really tired from all those punches you just threw.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#71  Edited By jakob187

I'm not a huge fan of UFC and such, but regardless of how I feel about the stuff, the people I know IRL that are into UFC and have played this demo said that it's an excellent demo.  Therefore, I'll take their word for it.  I'm going to avoid the game, but it looks like good news for UFC fans.

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By stealthdf2

i have been trying to go to the ground a lot and submit or just roll around and get the counters down. shogun is better on the ground than liddel of course but i can hardly defend submissions. I think i figured out my  problem as i was gassing myself out and when they went for submission i was too tired to defend. So i have been turning the stamina bars on in options so i can relate the look of the fighter to the state in the stamina bar. at least now for practice it is good, im sure when the real game comes there will be lots of ppl that play with no stamina bar on so this will help then.

I noticed the bar is green and when perform any action it goes down and you see the yellow bar underneath. So the green bar is like energy level that renews when you rest or just dont move or take hits. the yellow bar seems to be an overall health meter which cannot renew but gets lower as you get hit and take damage, but when the yellow bar goes down the green bar can only renew itself as high as the yellow bar is. so the more damage you take it also makes your energy level cap lower.

So all that being said it is very understandable how you can also get knocked out unexpectendly. IF you just expended tons of energy throwing mad punches or trying to get out of a hold then you take a hard hit the you will go down just like i couldnt defend against the submissions. I tested al lthis by watching my stamina and when i was in a bad spot like on the bottom on the groundi would just hold block and watch my stamina greenbar rise and then i would try to escape and it worked.

Its all very deep when you really think about it, they have thought of almost eveyrthing. I mean i watch MMA and i never thought of a fighter taking damage due to blocking too much and that lower the efficiency of strikes but they did in this game. very good if you ask me and i cannot wait for the real deal.

also the tut doesnt explain the right stick well enough but i figured it out after like 10000 matches.

you have to go diagonal in any direction wether it be up+right or up+left or down+left or down+right THEN spin the stick in a quarter circle or half circle in the OPPOSITE direction. so if you went up+right you would then spinthe stick to the left to either the half horizontal half way mark(stop when the stick is to the left) or to the vertical halfway mark (stop when the stick is pointing down) now doing a quarter circle is a weak evade move and a half circle is a strong evade move. 
    also im not sure on this but i think holding the LB when doing these might make then a counter/reversal but im not sure as i have done with and without the LB held.

So that works when on the ground on top or bottom and when in the clinch standing.

I hope someone understood all that and it helps out.. let me know

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By CL60
    stealthdf2 said:
    "

i have been trying to go to the ground a lot and submit or just roll around and get the counters down. shogun is better on the ground than liddel of course but i can hardly defend submissions. I think i figured out my  problem as i was gassing myself out and when they went for submission i was too tired to defend. So i have been turning the stamina bars on in options so i can relate the look of the fighter to the state in the stamina bar. at least now for practice it is good, im sure when the real game comes there will be lots of ppl that play with no stamina bar on so this will help then.

I noticed the bar is green and when perform any action it goes down and you see the yellow bar underneath. So the green bar is like energy level that renews when you rest or just dont move or take hits. the yellow bar seems to be an overall health meter which cannot renew but gets lower as you get hit and take damage, but when the yellow bar goes down the green bar can only renew itself as high as the yellow bar is. so the more damage you take it also makes your energy level cap lower.

So all that being said it is very understandable how you can also get knocked out unexpectendly. IF you just expended tons of energy throwing mad punches or trying to get out of a hold then you take a hard hit the you will go down just like i couldnt defend against the submissions. I tested al lthis by watching my stamina and when i was in a bad spot like on the bottom on the groundi would just hold block and watch my stamina greenbar rise and then i would try to escape and it worked.

Its all very deep when you really think about it, they have thought of almost eveyrthing. I mean i watch MMA and i never thought of a fighter taking damage due to blocking too much and that lower the efficiency of strikes but they did in this game. very good if you ask me and i cannot wait for the real deal.

also the tut doesnt explain the right stick well enough but i figured it out after like 10000 matches.

you have to go diagonal in any direction wether it be up+right or up+left or down+left or down+right THEN spin the stick in a quarter circle or half circle in the OPPOSITE direction. so if you went up+right you would then spinthe stick to the left to either the half horizontal half way mark(stop when the stick is to the left) or to the vertical halfway mark (stop when the stick is pointing down) now doing a quarter circle is a weak evade move and a half circle is a strong evade move. 
    also im not sure on this but i think holding the LB when doing these might make then a counter/reversal but im not sure as i have done with and without the LB held.

So that works when on the ground on top or bottom and when in the clinch standing.

I hope someone understood all that and it helps out.. let me know

"
    Yeah the game is REALLY deep.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.