Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

UFC 2009 - I blow at this game, it's undisputable.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Lowbrow

Hello dear readers.... or the one person who might be reading this.

So I was plugging away at bringing my Custom fighter up to snuff in the career mode yesterday when a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to play a couple rounds online. I promptly responded sure as I had not played the game online yet and was eager to see how the game changed once playing against a human opponent.

It was fun, but fucking brutal.

We played 4 or 5 rounds, and I got my ass whupped, only taking one victory by way of a very satisfying arm bar submission.

Basically, standup game I'm all good, defending againt shoots I'm not too bad, but the problem came when he did manage to take the fight to the floor. At this point, I was completely fuckered.

He would bypass my guard crazy fast, get full mount, and pound the shit outta me till KO was achieved. At full mount, countering a punch into a submission was tough (it seems like the farther up the guard ladder your opponent gets, the more clunky your controls become as defender), and trying to go for a transition constantly gave up my back.

So I ask you, my fellow giant bombers, how the crap do you defend against the mount, or blocking offensive transitions in general. Any tips that might improve my game are welcome.

Oh and If anyone wants a friendly game, I'm always happy to oblige - Gamertag: Guard Larkin

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lowbrow

Hello dear readers.... or the one person who might be reading this.

So I was plugging away at bringing my Custom fighter up to snuff in the career mode yesterday when a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to play a couple rounds online. I promptly responded sure as I had not played the game online yet and was eager to see how the game changed once playing against a human opponent.

It was fun, but fucking brutal.

We played 4 or 5 rounds, and I got my ass whupped, only taking one victory by way of a very satisfying arm bar submission.

Basically, standup game I'm all good, defending againt shoots I'm not too bad, but the problem came when he did manage to take the fight to the floor. At this point, I was completely fuckered.

He would bypass my guard crazy fast, get full mount, and pound the shit outta me till KO was achieved. At full mount, countering a punch into a submission was tough (it seems like the farther up the guard ladder your opponent gets, the more clunky your controls become as defender), and trying to go for a transition constantly gave up my back.

So I ask you, my fellow giant bombers, how the crap do you defend against the mount, or blocking offensive transitions in general. Any tips that might improve my game are welcome.

Oh and If anyone wants a friendly game, I'm always happy to oblige - Gamertag: Guard Larkin

Dion720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Dion720

This game has a very steep learning curve but once u get used to it; it is a lot of fun. Matches become like a chess match at that point between two skilled players. I would play you but i have it on the ps3 :(

chmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By chmod

The first thing I would recommend is going through the tutorial. If you haven't done this yet, it's a great place to start. If you have, then maybe try doing it again, especially in the grappling section. Another thing would be finding a fighter that you like to use and sticking with him. The more experience you get, the better you will understand your fighter's move set. I'd base my selection on the stats of the fighter (Press X at the fighter select screen) and what you believe are your strengths. You mentioned that you were good at the striking game, therefore a strong boxer or kickboxer with great standing kick/punch attributes will suit you best. Then, I'd try working on takedown defence, mastering the countering will allow you to keep your opponent on his feet so that you can work him over with the striking game. Finally, at least a basic knowledge of transitions (major and minor) will help you with escapes. As with anything, the mroe experience you have, the better you will get, transitions tend to take a lot of practice.

Hope this helps and good luck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.