Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC Undisputed 2010

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 25, 2010

UFC Undisputed 2010 is the second installment of the UFC Undisputed franchise.

UFC 2010 Demo Impressions

JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

So, the demo codes became available today, I got one, downloaded the demo and went to play + analyse it with a friend.
    The first impressions: 
    - Striking is great. It's all about finding your range and timing. Walking in all directions while blocking keeps you mobile and in defence. 
    - Stepping strikes no longer make you fly 4 meters commando style.
    - Each fighter seems to have their own style of movement and "signature" strikes.
    - Swaying works well in order to avoid hits and counter

- Clinch and Grappling works. It feels and looks like a struggle now instead of a robotic sequence. If you want that full posture mount you will have to work for it.
    - Submission can happen really fast, and end really fast ( Especially chokes ) but it's better this way.

The only downside seems to be the high number of flash KO's. Besides that I'm loving this new and improved version of the game.
    What are your observations on the demo?

JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

Yes and No. Polygon wise the models look the same.
    The arena looks much better. Actually alive with show lights going off and such ( last years game felt as having bland and empty arena's ). Also the crowd really cheers, it made me feel like being part of a big event.

The blood and injuries look much better aswell, same for the animations, much more fluid. Man I'm totally hyping myself up for this haha:P

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hot_Karl

You answered my questions for the most part. Any new grappling or striking combinations that you found interesting? 

Also, how's Arianny Celeste- the ring girl?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee
    @VinceNotVance said:
    " Also, how's Arianny Celeste- the ring girl? "

She has cold fingers but is still an enjoyable insertion.

I'm...terribly sorry. 
    JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

Striking wise: If you do a short sprint ( Click LSB ) and then perform a low kick you make a nice sweeping fast lowkick which really helped to get a quick hit on long range.
    Grappling wise you, when on top in the mount ( not postured up ) you can "minislam" your opponent to weaken them.

Also pulled of a sick slam with Rampage, which actually rocked my opponent. This slam was done from the cage.
    The cageplay is really fun tbh. Luring or pushing the opponent towards the cage and then making a takedown attempt.

Best part of the striking though. If you're toe to toe and the other person is spamming low/high attacks on you? you just take 1 step backwards ( while blocking ) and you're fine. You no longer get locked in some stupid flinching animation. It's much more about range finding, timing, and having the guts to give the first strike ( or wait to counter ), much like we see in the actually MMA fights.

The overal gameplay is just so much more fluid and dynamic, really alot of fun^^

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hot_Karl
    @Abyssfull said:

" @VinceNotVance said:

" Also, how's Arianny Celeste- the ring girl? "
    She has cold fingers but is still an enjoyable insertion. I'm...terribly sorry.  "
     HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT THE IMPECCIBLE ARIANNY! 

But seriously now, I'm so looking forward to this game. It seems like they're fixing the wonky animations and such from the previous game and making the whole thing seem more realistic, like a telecast of an actual fight. Can't wait until I get my hands 
    on it.
    herreno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By herreno

The sway system really works well and it takes away the mashy-ness of the last game.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By carlthenimrod

How is the character model damage? Can you mess your opponent up more so in this game?

Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Laharl

The demo itself sucked since it never told you how to do any of the new things, had to figure out how to sway with just playing around with buttons. (hold down high block then flick movement stick to sway by the way)

Maybe i just suck but the ground and clinch game was fairly hard, seemed like no matter what i did the AI blocked it, especially if im in the clinch or against the cage im pretty much stuck until the computer decides to take me down. Im sure i could of done better if i knew how to transfer clinchs but again, all the demo had was the action list menu which just sucked.(more problems with demo, full game will have training and what not.)

Other notes, i couldnt help but notice after i turned on the stamina bar that i could strike all day long and never run out of stamina, its pretty much just for determining submissions now.  

The commentary was good, rogan and goldberg really focused on what was happening, you really feel like they are watching your fight live. On the other hand not once do they mention the names of the fighters fighting, they only call whats happening. Its minor but i liked when they would throw out facts about the fighters, when anderson silva gets someone in the muay thai clinch rogan would explain how silva is so dangerous in it. Now they just scream "OH nice knee to the body!"

Knockout animations are no longer 4 stock animations, its now a little more realistic so theres no more ballerina spins.

As confusing as it was to get out of clinch the cage does come into play, if your opponent is doing take downs like crazy you can walk against the cage and it becomes easier to stop the take down, its just getting away from the cage in that position i haven't figured out yet.

The coaching in between rounds is a little better, little more cinematic. 

Tournament mode is in the demo, pretty straightforward, its a tournament, can do 4 to 8 rounds, prolly mainly for multiplayer type deal.

The strike system is improved, its less about throwing flurrys and more about dodge and countering, each fighter has unique move sets like machida having his straight karate left jab and i think when you get into create a fighter mode you can choose each punch and kick etc etc, no longer limited to the training style you choose.

Otherwise ok improvement, alot of it is cosmetic so if you were worried about innovation id say wait till the demo comes out next week or just rent it when it comes out instead of preordering it(who cares about the tuf 10 guys honestly), the career and multiplayer will determine how great the game is i think.

JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

About the ground and clinch game: Soften them up. Use the minislam ( LB/L1+RS 12-3 movement ) when you've got the mount. Same for when you're against the fence, knee a couple of times before attemping a takedown.

I'm ok with the stamina side. Most fighters get gassed from cage or ground struggles, hardly from throwing a few punches.

Edit: Just watched the game Q&A and Frank Mir actually explained how submission transition works XD While rotating to apply the submission, rotate counter clockwise to do another one! 
    Here's that Q&A
    http://www.ufc.com/live/?systemId=595e115b-bf6c-4485-b549-3d0356c653c3&playerContextId=28ff06b2-d0c1-40f6-a935-adbabde359e9

HODGEY3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HODGEY3000

i was just wondering how the new styles are.  

how does karate and greco-roman wrestling compare to the styles in the first games?  
    is there much difference in gameplay?
    JamesNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JamesNI

For some strange reason my PS3 demo won't install. Hits 14% and stops :(

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vivek
    @Herreno: How are you getting them to sway, im struggling to get it working?
    TheWan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By TheWan

I love the demo. 1 gripe about it though. The submissions are impossible. The only time I've ever done myself or seen the computer do one is in the rocked stage. Now, that's not very realistic. I've rotated that damn right stick every way clockwise and counterclockwise. I'm fast at it too. Back to the 1080 Snowboarding on N64 I could rotate it for a 1080 at will.

Is their a way to solve this problem?    
    JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

About the sway: Hold HighBlock ( RB / R1 ) and FLICK the left stick to a direction ( down, up, away from your opponent ). Make sure it's a fast flick of the stick otherwise it won't register.
    About the submissions: Depends on which one, chokes succeed alot ( granted you soften them up first with some blows ). In real life Kimuras and such often only work when the opponent has taken enough dmg or is low on stamina. Make sure you have a good position and it's more likely the submission will work ( such as mount etc )

enemaems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By enemaems

How did you get a code for the demo?

JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

http://community.ufcundisputed.com

If you registered on the UFC2010 forums before April 30th you got a code. But you could try doing it now, perhaps they have some extra codes?

enemaems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By enemaems
    @Jiujitsuka said:
    " http://community.ufcundisputed.com  If you registered on the UFC2010 forums before April 30th you got a code. But you could try doing it now, perhaps they have some extra codes? "
    Thanks. I'll check it out. Hopefully the demo will hit the 360 and PSN real soon.
    Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Laharl

Anyone figure out how to switch stances yet? ive seen the computer do it once.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FunExplosions

Who can you play as in the demo?

Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Liono88
    @FunExplosions said:
    " Who can you play as in the demo? "
    Rashad Evans, "Rampage" Jackson, Lyoto Machida, and "Shogun" Rua

I must agree I enjoy the demo, like previous stated the grappling has improved drastically you need to fight and struggle to get to top mount. Submissions do happen rather quick but i do agree that is how it should be in order to make it more realistic . The striking feels fantastic, all the fighters have uniquely different styles. Overall the demo makes want  buy the game, enough said.
    JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JiuJitsuka85
    @Laharl: 
    Click the Right Analog Stick.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By JJWeatherman

Anyone else find it kinda cheap that Lyoto can basically take anyone down at any time? He does a leg trip move on his take down that makes it so easy to even take down guys with high take down defense.

Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Laharl
    @Jiujitsuka: OOOHhhhhh ok thank you.

@JJWeatherman:
    I noticed that to when trying to play with the new ground game, seems like that could be abused in multiplayer.
    JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

I've read in an interview it's because of how fighers are in real life. Certain fighters are pretty much unable to defend against takedowns because they have been submitted superfast in their actual fights.

Unbalanced? Maybe. But it does add that real UFC vibe and makes you think about certain fighters' style and gameplan you need to use against them.

Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Liono88

Yeah the fighters are unbalanced however I kinda like it that way, i think it better simulates real life...Machida can easily take down, rampage owns in stand-up clinch. Like previously stated it adds a certain vibe to the game that make it enjoyable.

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Fbomb

Do leg kicks completely immobilize an opponent after a while?

JLMRACING91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JLMRACING91

loving the demo and counting down to may 25th :)

Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Liono88
    @Fbomb said:
    " Do leg kicks completely immobilize an opponent after a while? "
    I don't know about completely immobilizes them but i have noticed significant slowdown in opponents after about a round or two of leg kicks also the opponents seem easier to take down after weakening their legs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.