Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC Undisputed 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 14, 2012

The third and final instalment in the UFC Undisputed franchise. This iteration sees the inclusion of PRIDE FC and the bantamweight and Featherweight divisions.

UFC Undisputed 3 announced!

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Edited By craigbo180

Bas Rutten Commentary!
     Bas Rutten Commentary!
     So after taking a years break THQ has gone ahead and announced UFC Undisputed 3 for release on January 3 2012 and it sounds like they are going big with it. A roster of over 150 fighters, brand new bantamweight and featherweight divisions for the first time ever in an MMA game and perhaps most exciting of all a PRIDE mode! The new PRIDE mode allows you to fight in traditional PRIDE events and utilize their rules set where you can do all kinds of crazy stuff, such as kick dudes in the head while they are on the ground. Perhaps best of all, the classic PRIDE announce team, Bas Rutten and Stephen Quadros have provided their voices for the game. Also customizable entrances should hopefully really allow us to recreate some of the crazy walkouts seen by the likes of Kazushi Sakuraba. THQ also talked about including a new simplified control mode ala Marvel VS Capcom 3, not so sure how I feel about that but much like simple mode on MVC3 it will just probably end up and unused feature. Now there is nothing left to do but wait for the sizeable roster to leak out (especially exciting now that the UFC owns Strikeforce) and for THQ to give us a look at the gameplay since apparently their is a drastic change in the submission system.....    again. 
    PRIDE is back baby.
    PRIDE is back baby.
    craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By craigbo180

Bas Rutten Commentary!
     Bas Rutten Commentary!
     So after taking a years break THQ has gone ahead and announced UFC Undisputed 3 for release on January 3 2012 and it sounds like they are going big with it. A roster of over 150 fighters, brand new bantamweight and featherweight divisions for the first time ever in an MMA game and perhaps most exciting of all a PRIDE mode! The new PRIDE mode allows you to fight in traditional PRIDE events and utilize their rules set where you can do all kinds of crazy stuff, such as kick dudes in the head while they are on the ground. Perhaps best of all, the classic PRIDE announce team, Bas Rutten and Stephen Quadros have provided their voices for the game. Also customizable entrances should hopefully really allow us to recreate some of the crazy walkouts seen by the likes of Kazushi Sakuraba. THQ also talked about including a new simplified control mode ala Marvel VS Capcom 3, not so sure how I feel about that but much like simple mode on MVC3 it will just probably end up and unused feature. Now there is nothing left to do but wait for the sizeable roster to leak out (especially exciting now that the UFC owns Strikeforce) and for THQ to give us a look at the gameplay since apparently their is a drastic change in the submission system.....    again. 
    PRIDE is back baby.
    PRIDE is back baby.
    jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jasta

This is good news, I suppose.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Example1013

I liked UFC 2009 Undisputed. The training modes to level up your character were both challenging and informative, because you had to learn how to do the moves proficiently in order to get better.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Example1013

Like, it was super-frustrating at first, but extremely satisfying once I got good at it. 

They need to incentivize going for shorter height and such, though. Every CAF online was 7'6" with maximum reach.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By FesteringNeon

Awesome! a refinement in submissions will definitely be welcome.. Entrances was my #1 request though. (hope we can edit our own track?) Also, I know he's largely unknown.. but he did take probably THE WORST shot to the nuts in history agains Gonzaga. We grew up in the same little town, and moved to the same town when he started fighting.. so I'm proud to see him get a shot. Physically, he looks fat.. but this guy has heart! (he beat Tim Hague in this fight BTW)  

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By gamb1t

OH THIS IS AWESOME!!! Im still playen my ufc undisputed 2010. btw its gunna be undisputed 2011 not 3 lol. 

hopefully they get it right this time cause 2009 was great and needed improvements. they improved what was needed in 2010 but with the new stuff arose new problems.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By craigbo180
    @example1013I liked the training mode in UFC 2009 but I didn't like the training mode as much in 2010.

@bukkookkub: That nut shot was the worst I ever saw, I'm surprised he even continued to fight honestly! Is Chris still in the UFC he recently lost to Mark Hunt, I thought he got cut? I wouldn't say I am a fan of his but he seems like a nice enough guy.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic

added to the 2011 releases thread, thanks!

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By craigbo180
    @gamb1t@Ahmad_Metallic: It's not out until January 3, 2012.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @craigbo180:  i know, i put that date in
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By trace

Even though I watch a little UFC here and there, I'm not going to pretend I know much about MMA, much less MMA games. Still, you tell me customizable entrances, and I get my hopes up for some really awesomestuff.

Also wonder if that means UFC's planning to have less standard "just walk from the locker room to the ring" entrances more often. Would be neat.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By craigbo180
    @PsEG said:

Even though I watch a little UFC here and there, I'm not going to pretend I know much about MMA, much less MMA games. Still, you tell me customizable entrances, and I get my hopes up for some really awesomestuff.

Also wonder if that means UFC's planning to have less standard "just walk from the locker room to the ring" entrances more often. Would be neat.

Claims to not know much about MMA, proceeds to drop Genki Sudo video into his post. Also Mayhem is now going to fight in the UFC after he gets done on the ultimate fighter with Bisping. Just try and stop that guy doing a baller entrance!
    FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By FesteringNeon
    @craigbo180 said:
    @example1013I liked the training mode in UFC 2009 but I didn't like the training mode as much in 2010.

@bukkookkub: That nut shot was the worst I ever saw, I'm surprised he even continued to fight honestly! Is Chris still in the UFC he recently lost to Mark Hunt, I thought he got cut? I wouldn't say I am a fan of his but he seems like a nice enough guy.
    You've got a point.. and I totally forgot about that. Crap. Well here's to hoping he climbs back!
    King_Bonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Bonzo

So fucking erect for this right now. I must have sunk 100 hours into 2010 easy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.