Who still plays UO?

#1 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -
I don't, but if I do, it sure as hell won't be the official one. They lost their way long ago.

If I ever go back it'll be the crafting, I absolutely loved it.

#2 Posted by EyeQueue (47 posts) -

People who play on free shards that are set before the game was ruined... that's who. And mostly because they realize it is the BEST MMORPG ever.

#3 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -

Most likely. Some shards actually improved the whole sandbox concept that made UO great.
Nice review btw.

#4 Posted by EyeQueue (47 posts) -

Thank you very much!

#5 Posted by Nate (705 posts) -

I don't, but still think about getting back into it sometimes. I've never had so much fun than when I first got this game back in 1998.

#6 Posted by MacroPlanet (16 posts) -

I think the crafting in Ultima Online has probably been the best crafting system in any game to date.  The stuff you can create and how to create them is just mind blowing. 

I play UO off and on, at times.  It really depends.  As of lately I've just accepted that nostalgia is the only reason why I go back anymore.  

#7 Edited by billyblaze (60 posts) -

I played on German Freeshards for a while; Himmelsstadt and Alathair. Also as a GM for a while.

They're all slowly dying, sadly. I had some damn good times with this game. Also got to know a lot of awesome people!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.