Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

A standalone update to Marvel vs Capcom 3 featuring new modes, characters, stages, an enhanced online experience, and large-scale rebalancing of core systems and the existing roster.

And the winner for best win-quote of all time is... M.O.D.O.K.!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By StarvingGamer

Make sure you have your sound on before you watch this:

I felt it was particularly appropriate for this site.

Anyways, to avoid being YouTube spam, who's excited for this game? I've had it since Saturday and playing has become all I can think about. All I want to do is take Haggar into training mode and figure out how to DO MORE DAMAGE. They made a lot of really smart changes to the underlying mechanics and the net-code seems to be a lot more stable. All the new characters are bananas awesome and a lot of the weaker old characters got the boosts they needed to be able to compete. Hopefully this means we'll see a more diverse tournament environment than we ended up with in vanilla.

Right now I'm feeling pretty good about my Haggar / Frank / Ghost Rider team. I may end up sticking to Haggar / Spencer / Doom for a while though.

If you want to know anything about the game feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to answer. HYPE HYPE HYPE!

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MikeGosot

SCIENCE! 

I'm think i'm going with Racoon/Chris/Phoenix or, maybe, Phoenix. I don't know if that's a good team. But it will be a FUN team to use, and well, fun is what really matters. Right? RIGHT!?

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By AURON570

Damn I am so hype for this. I'm going to a launch party after my logic class, I hope I don't look like a total noob (since I haven't play mvc3).

I want to use Ghost Rider/Raccoon/Phoenix Wright... but Phoenix Wright looks complicated... but maybe that's just mvc3 in general haha.

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By VicRattlehead

@StarvingGamer: im kinda excited for it.... but then i remember the shenanigans of vanilla mvc3 and how hard it was to block those shenanigans and i kinda don't want anything to do with umvc3

is the online improved by much? if its still like mvc3 connection wise i think i might just give it a miss

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Bestostero

Oh please, I defeat raccoons all the time driving. SCIENCE!

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Pessh
    @VicRattlehead said:

@StarvingGamer: im kinda excited for it.... but then i remember the shenanigans of vanilla mvc3 and how hard it was to block those shenanigans and i kinda don't want anything to do with umvc3

is the online improved by much? if its still like mvc3 connection wise i think i might just give it a miss

Haunts and Maximilian say it's better, 'buttery smooth' from 6 hours away, but don't have high hopes, not sure if I'd be buying it either if I wasn't going to playing offline. At least they added spectator mode.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I had hella frames of lag with dropped inputs on both wired and wireless even with local friends. Worse than Vanilla so far. Shoutouts to Japanese internet infrastructure.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Bestostero

Personally, I love hearing Cap say VICTORY! Been hearing it most today ...sorta :)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.