Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

A standalone update to Marvel vs Capcom 3 featuring new modes, characters, stages, an enhanced online experience, and large-scale rebalancing of core systems and the existing roster.

Beginner trying to get suggestions and help!

saxmusician20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By saxmusician20

I am trying to put a team together with Dr. Strange. What characters have you found work well with him? (If you think I should start with another character since I am a beginner let me know.)

P.S. Ultimate MVC3 is so much more complex of a fighting game then I had originally thought, which is aweosme!!!!

saxmusician20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By saxmusician20

Anyone?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By StarvingGamer

Strange is definitely an advanced character. He has very low mobility and requires a lot of time to set-up before he can really take advantage of his various tools. Also doing damage with him can be tough since his combos are of an intermediate-advanced level requiring fairly tight timings and often multiple launches. That being said, if you really enjoy his character keep playing him. You'll get there eventually.

As far as good teammates, Strange is a sort of the middle-of-the road character who functions well enough on point, in second position, or as anchor for any team. I would try to pair him with assists that either help him keep the opponent off him such as Deadpool y - Trigger Happy H if you plan on focusing on a ranged game, or assists that cover a lot of horizontal space such as Doctor Doom a - Plasma Beam to help create teleport mix-ups if you would rather rush-down.

Also if you just want to work on the basics, Ryu and Wolverine are solid characters for beginners with straightforward, damaging combos. I hope this helps, and if you're on PS3 you can feel free to add my PSN catbond and we can get some matches in. I live on the west coast of the US though so depending on where you live, the latency might not be bearable.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By StarvingGamer

@saxmusician20: Oh also it just so happens that one of the preview chapters they put up for the Brady Signature Series Guide belongs to Doctor Strange. You can find it here.

If you plan on playing the game seriously I'd wholeheartedly recommend the guide. It has a lot of very good information and is a great reference.

saxmusician20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By saxmusician20

@StarvingGamer: Thanks!!! This helps alot! My PSN name is brentsax20. Feel free to add me as well!

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By altairre

@saxmusician20: Like StarvingGamer already said the guide is a good start and once you´ve got the basics covered you should try to watch some matches of advanced players. That helped me a lot to get an idea of what the characters are capable of and when to use what. I recommend Running Sets with Combofiend, Fanatiq, Clockwork, Marn and others. It´s actually entertaining too. Of course replays of tournaments are another option. It´s not easy to get into MvC but when it clicks it is really awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.