Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

A standalone update to Marvel vs Capcom 3 featuring new modes, characters, stages, an enhanced online experience, and large-scale rebalancing of core systems and the existing roster.

Capcom Releasing Mega Man X Costume for Zero

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By soldierg654342

As you may or may not have heard, Capcom is releasing a DLC costume for Zero that will make him resemble Mega Man X.

I'm not here to raise a ruckus about paying for colors, as there appears to be at least some new modeling done making this a costume, but I do have a question: Does Capcom think that this is doing right by Mega Man fans? I have no real love for Mega Man outside of enjoying a handful of the games, but after the cancellation of two titles, one of which was highly anticipated, this seems like the (literal) least Capcom could do for Mega Man fans. But when you compound this with the laundry list of other poor decisions Capcom has made recently, this almost seems like a taunt and a tease.

What do you guys think? Does Capcom think they're genuinely going to make Mega Man fans happy with this announcement? Or has Capcom popped a gasket.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By soldierg654342

As you may or may not have heard, Capcom is releasing a DLC costume for Zero that will make him resemble Mega Man X.

I'm not here to raise a ruckus about paying for colors, as there appears to be at least some new modeling done making this a costume, but I do have a question: Does Capcom think that this is doing right by Mega Man fans? I have no real love for Mega Man outside of enjoying a handful of the games, but after the cancellation of two titles, one of which was highly anticipated, this seems like the (literal) least Capcom could do for Mega Man fans. But when you compound this with the laundry list of other poor decisions Capcom has made recently, this almost seems like a taunt and a tease.

What do you guys think? Does Capcom think they're genuinely going to make Mega Man fans happy with this announcement? Or has Capcom popped a gasket.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoG

As a Mega Man fan (LOOK AT MY AVATAR!) I'm disappointed. Yeah, it's better than nothing, but Mega Man is such an iconic Capcom character that he deserves a real spot on the roster. This is like Nintendo taking Mario out of Super Smash Bros. How do you put Tron Bonne in the game, yet not Mega Man? I'm not infuriated or anything, just bummed that Capcom won't make the character that has been their mascot for so long a full-fledged character.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

ULTIMATE TROLL.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Bestostero

Wow, that is a lame move...but it's better than nothing no? I guess that rules out the possibility of Megaman ever being a dlc character lol

COME ON CYCLOPS!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer
    SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SlightConfuse

A

This also add more fuel to the fire along with the days of futre past stage!

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By benpack
    No Caption Provided
    soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By soldierg654342

@GlenTennis: Maybe I'm just weird, but I counted the Frank West costume as a Dead Rising reference first, which would make it a reference to a reference to Mega Man.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By jkuc316

@BoG said:

As a Mega Man fan (LOOK AT MY AVATAR!) I'm disappointed. Yeah, it's better than nothing, but Mega Man is such an iconic Capcom character that he deserves a real spot on the roster. This is like Nintendo taking Mario out of Super Smash Bros. How do you put Tron Bonne in the game, yet not Mega Man? I'm not infuriated or anything, just bummed that Capcom won't make the character that has been their mascot for so long a full-fledged character.

You sir, are one great Megaman fan. Not like those fanboys who punch Capcom employees and threaten to pirate their games. But I will defend Tron Bonne's inclusion, as she is a pretty good character.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jewunit

@xhavoc86 said:

Wow, that is a lame move...but it's better than nothing no? I guess that rules out the possibility of Megaman ever being a dlc character lol

COME ON CYCLOPS!

They could bring in regular Mega Man as DLC to fight with Mega Man X, I suppose. Go Leaf Shield!

Personally, I was hoping for red Mega Man.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Jeffsekai

Godlike.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By toowalrus

I wish they'd put out a costume that would make Rad Spencer look like Rad Spencer.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bestostero

@slightconfuse: OMG! Did they really have a Days of Future Past stage!? That would be AWESOME! That's a great storyline in X-Men, would make sense since Sentinel is a character.

@jewunit: They could, I wouldn't put it pass them since they can make $$$ for doing so, but I don't know.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By I_smell

I think DLC costumes are pretty silly anyway. Then they made ULTIMATE MvC 3 n I was like "oh come on guys, you can't do this every time".

Now the fact that the updated version has all the updates, and is RELEASING MORE UPDATES is coming close to the whole thing just being funny. I usually don't care about the argument that DLC is just people selling games piece-by-piece, but in Capcom's case it's pretty true.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By bed
    @TooWalrus said:

I wish they'd put out a costume that would make Rad Spencer look like Rad Spencer.

i want there to be a costume where you can make him look like 8-bit Rad Spencer 
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bestostero

@I_smell: some of them are silly if they just recolored...but if it actually is different then I think it's not too bad...

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SuperWristBands

@slightconfuse: Oh my goodness. I laughed really hard.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SlightConfuse
    No Caption Provided

@xhavoc86: megaman is the onlyone n ot dead or captured

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bestostero

@slightconfuse said:

No Caption Provided

@xhavoc86: megaman is the onlyone n ot dead or captured

OMG they even have that apprehended poster!!! :D

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By I_smell

@xhavoc86 said:

@I_smell: some of them are silly if they just recolored...but if it actually is different then I think it's not too bad...

Well it's like- they just made a re-release of the game, so fuckin PUT YOUR BONUS CONTENT IN THAT, GUYS!

Keeping stuff out of the game to sell as DLC is one thing (I get it, it's marketing), but now they're keeping content out of THE BONUS-GAME, TO SELL AS BONUSES FOR THE BONUS-GAME!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By ShaggE

Hold out for UMvC3: Complete Edition, you say? Will do. After I wait about a year for that version's DLC to be added onto UMvC3: Complete Edition: Off The Record.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By I_smell

That's a joke but THEY DID!! Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, the stuff we make up as jokes isn't as crazy as the stuff Capcom does in real life.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bestostero

@ShaggE said:

Hold out for UMvC3: Complete Edition, you say? Will do. After I wait about a year for that version's DLC to be added onto UMvC3: Complete Edition: Off The Record.

If I were you, I would just wait for Super Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: Complete Arcade Edition.

@I_smell: I made my peace with that lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did people go gay for Mega Man? I can't believe the kind of insanity supposed Capcom fans spout for a little blue robot man. What is it about the high artistic fiction of Mega Man that makes him so vital a character? I played over a dozen of those games in my lifetime, and the only character trait I can attribute to Mega Man is "likes blue hats."

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bestostero

@Brodehouse: I'm not big on Megaman but he is an iconic character versus some of the lame ones that manage to worm themselves in that should've never been in this game to begin with......Cyclops should've been in this! lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xhavoc86 I like Cyke myself, but the talk around here kind of proves that obscure and different is more interesting than classic and samey. I'm impressed they tried Phoenix Wright rather than taking the easy path and putting Guile or Mega Man in there. One of my favorite things is how they've managed to avoid making Street Fighter vs X-Men 2.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bestostero

@Brodehouse: I agree to a certain extent...I like that they have variety, and introduce new characters... but it's just as important to have returning characters that people love! Like Cyclops...lol

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#28  Edited By ArbitraryWater

As someone who doesn't much care for Mega Man, I find this trolling on Capcom's part to be totally hilarious.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By soldierg654342

@Brodehouse said:

@xhavoc86 I like Cyke myself, but the talk around here kind of proves that obscure and different is more interesting than classic and samey. I'm impressed they tried Phoenix Wright rather than taking the easy path and putting Guile or Mega Man in there. One of my favorite things is how they've managed to avoid making Street Fighter vs X-Men 2.

I agree with that sentiment. If they put to many reoccurring members in the roster it might have ended up as MvC2-2.

However, when you compound this with the recent actions taken by Capcom, the inclusion of Mega Man costumes makes Capcom seems either wildly out of touch or intentionally mean spirited. And it is generally unwise to antagonize your fanbase. Although Capcom's fans are notoriously forgiving...

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bestostero

@SoldierG654342 said:

@Brodehouse said:

I agree with that sentiment. If they put to many reoccurring members in the roster it might have ended up as MvC2-2.

However, when you compound this with the recent actions taken by Capcom, the inclusion of Mega Man costumes makes Capcom seems either wildly out of touch or intentionally mean spirited. And it is generally unwise to antagonize your fanbase. Although Capcom's fans are notoriously forgiving...

Meow. lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.