Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

A standalone update to Marvel vs Capcom 3 featuring new modes, characters, stages, an enhanced online experience, and large-scale rebalancing of core systems and the existing roster.

New Stages discussion

Avatar image for the_great_skenardo
    the_great_skenardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on the way, everyone is understandably concerned with the new character roster, but more important than that is the new Stages that will be added with the full release of the expansion.

The trend thus far has been a stage for every major franchise:

Umbrella Corps lab for Wesker, Chris and Jill, City hall for Haggar, etc.

The revealed characters bias the field towards fewer stages: Firebrand shares the World 1-1 with Arthur (although the Elevator tower level would be an interesting addition from the series!), and Hawkeye... man, who knows what the heck he's supposed to hang out in. Every single secret team headquarters ever, maybe?

But the question remains: will Strider and Ghost Rider get characteristic stages? they exist in their own franchises for the most part; ghost rider has much less crossover than some of the rest of the roster from marvel. If so, what would those stages look like?

What are some other stages you'd like to see from either side?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I want a Phoenix Wright courtroom stage. I've wanted that since MvC3 was announced.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JohnDudebro

Willamette Parkview Mall, the Phoenix Wright courtroom, and Avengers Mansion.

Also something cosmic for Nova and Rocket Raccoon.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Bestostero

I like the cameo appearances in the backgrounds, those small touches makes the stage much more interesting imo... so load the background with other characters that probably should've been added instead of a few characters that did... lol

I don't really care about what stages they add, they just need more, I remember I got bored quick with the first game and there lack of stages.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

On top of the mustache of a  humongous  MechaHaggar that is rampaging through Metro City. 

FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FUN

In an interview with Seth Killian, he mentions a Days of Future Past stage that will have cameos of MvC 2 veterans that didn't make it in for both sides.

I can see the rage over them not being playable now...
    Cyclops: SLAIN
    Gambit: APPREHENDED
    Cable: ESCAPED
    Captain Commando: SLAIN
    Jin: SLAIN
    Megaman: CANCELED

Shadowx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shadowx

from marvel i would like to see. 
    A hell Stage from ghost rider with meohisto and BlackHeart in the background. 
    A cosmics stage, maybe the kree, Skrull, or Shiar empire, or Atilla, or The Nova Corps base. ANy of these would be great, and would have lots of cameos to choose from. 
    Avengers tower or Avengers mansion would be cool. 
    and Utopia for an X-men stage since all we got for them was the practice stage being the danger room, which wasnt even that danger room like. 
    From Capcom. 
    A court-room would be nice. from phoniex wright. 
    Dead rising stage. Fortune City or the Pharmecutical place, that was in Dead Rising two: case west. 
    Devil may Cry STage maybe. 
    and a strider stage.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bestostero
    @FUN: Lame. lol

@Shadowx: Atlantis would be nice too I think for Marvel.
    Shadowx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shadowx
    @xhavoc86

Oh yeah an Alantis stage would be pretty epic. 
    maybe they can have a moving stage where you start off on utopia then you end up somehow in New Alantis since it is underneath Utopia.
    IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By IBurningStar
    @FUN said:
     Megaman: CANCELED

I lol'd.
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I want a Phoenix Wright stage, and seeing that Daredevil stage based on the new comics made my day. 
    TearsInRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TearsInRain
    @FUN: Total win.
    iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iDarktread
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    I want a Phoenix Wright courtroom stage. I've wanted that since MvC3 was announced.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Hailinel

@BananaKid said:

Willamette Parkview Mall, the Phoenix Wright courtroom, and Avengers Mansion.

Also something cosmic for Nova and Rocket Raccoon.

The Willamette Parkview Mall was already a stage in TvC. If anything, they'd probably just up-res it and slide it in rather than create anything new.

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RaikohBlade

I have no idea why people are concerned about stages in a fighting game. With all the intense action in a fighting game, I never have time to pay attention to the stages. Of course I would prefer a pretty stage over a bland one, but beyond that, I don't feel strongly about it.

FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FUN
    @RaikohBlade said:
    Of course I would prefer a pretty stage over a bland one, but beyond that, I don't feel strongly about it.
    Pretty  much it, and it can make the aesthetics of a game so much more appealing.  You have 3S Ken, so look at it like this: after the smooth animation, the stages are an example of what can be done new and help set the tone of the game (and 3rd Strike does this almost as good as Hyper Fighting)
    RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RaikohBlade
    @FUN said:
    @RaikohBlade said:
    Of course I would prefer a pretty stage over a bland one, but beyond that, I don't feel strongly about it.
    Pretty  much it, and it can make the aesthetics of a game so much more appealing.  You have 3S Ken, so look at it like this: after the smooth animation, the stages are an example of what can be done new and help set the tone of the game (and 3rd Strike does this almost as good as Hyper Fighting)
    I see. Now that I think about it, you have a point. I also think that stage/background music has a large effect on the atmosphere of a fighting game. I think just as much effort should be put into the music as well the aesthetics of a stage.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rbysjti

x-mansion frontyard, and the x-men are the onlookers.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@FluxWaveZ said:

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bestostero

Another idea could be SHIELD Helicarrier would be awesome, since Hawkeye was an agent of SHIELD, and they have a lot to do with the Marvel Universe.

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By rbysjti

we need a danger room that changes backgrounds just like in x-men: children of the atom

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#22  Edited By StarvingGamer

It sounds like only one of the "new" stages is actually new. If the *rumours are to be believed:

New

• Hell's Kitchen - Daredevil as leader of the Hand in his Shadowland fortress

Modified

• Burning Umbrella Lab
    • Daytime Helicarrier
    • Snowy Kattelox Island
    • Active Danger Room (X-men characters in the background)*
    • MvC Metro City (characters from past games in the background, Mega Man would be the ultimate troll)*
    • Space Battle (I'm assuming Galactus stage)*
    • Midnight Asgard*
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rbysjti

it was rumored that the next 2 stages that will be revealed is a danger room, definitely more awesome and the "days of future past" stage

Thrillhouse_vh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Thrillhouse_vh

I know Capcom has done "the same but different" stages before in past games (TvC: UAS had only two new stages while the rest were variants, 3rd Strike had variants of USA, Hong Kong, and Russia for Alex/Ken, Yun/Yang, and Necro/Twelve, etc.) and other companies have done the same too, but what really bugs me about this game is how inconsistent they are in this game. Take Shadowland, new Danger Room and the new SHIELD Heicarrier, these might as well be brand new stages only connected to MvC 3 using the old Hand Hideout, old Danger Room, and SHIELD Helicarrier stages as jumping off points for something new, and then they have 'nightime' Asgard and Snowy Kattelox Island. While I get Destroyed TRICELL Lab has the fire in the background as a direct response to the complaints that it was too dark and Kattelox island got some of the same complaints but I still feel it's covered in snow referencing the main island from MML 2, Midnight Asgard is lazy as all hell. I mean, why even bother? Imo, a much better variant would be actually fighting on the Rainbow Bridge in space with an illuminated Asgard in the background, like one of those classic 60's/70's Kirby pictures of Asgard

No Caption Provided

I just hope the other stages are more like Shadowland/Danger Room then Winter Kattelox Island/Midnight Asgard

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.