Your Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Team!

• 91 results
#51 Posted by mooncake (152 posts) -

@Hyperfludd: Whoa, hyperfludd, where did you get those images from? Does anyone know where I can still get ALL those high-res victory poses (since Global Trance took them down)?

#52 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Ultradvaid has been experimenting with phoenix wright teams , maybe this will help

#53 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@riosan said:

@Hyperfludd: Whoa, hyperfludd, where did you get those images from? Does anyone know where I can still get ALL those high-res victory poses (since Global Trance took them down)?

You can get those at Fighter's Generation, the BEST, BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT site for video game fighter character images EVER. most of the stuff on GiantBomb comes from there. lol

#54 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4252 posts) -

I know I said I wasn't going to get this game, but after I saw the changes they made to my team: Felicia, Dormammu, and Super Skrull, it's hard to resist.

#55 Posted by StarvingGamer (7919 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo: They all got BUFF. Felicia was solid B-tier and is probably A-tier now, Super Skrull was already secretly A-tier and he's maybe A+ now, and Dormammu could easily be viable for new S-tier with all the shit they gave him.

#56 Edited by mooncake (152 posts) -

@xhavoc86: Amazing! Thanks!

As for my team, I've been playing around with Frank West / Dante / Hawkeye (never thought I'd play Hawkeye since I complained about his inclusion, but man, can he do some amazing things).

Also, I've been obsessively trying to build other teams based on characters I want to play; they include:

1) Vergil / Doctor Doom / Strider

2) Firebrand / Amaterasu / Iron Fist

3) Rocket Raccoon / Sentinel / Spencer

4) C. Viper / Zero / Dormammu

It's very hard for me to find a team for Rocket Raccoon, Phoenix Wright, or Viewtiful Joe and I do want to play them since they look goofy and fun as hell to play.

#57 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@riosan: You're very welcomed! I'm putting them up now since no one did it already suprisingly enough.

#58 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1917 posts) -

Again, I have team changes! I am fiending for this game after playing it this weekend, I need to pick it up bad.  The two teams I've discovered that I like: 

1) Storm-A/Hawkeye-A/Spencer-B. Just a slight alteration on my vanilla team, since She-Hulk doesn't have the INSANE damage available with Spencer's wire assist. Hawkeye's 3C is fucking insane at max range, and his 5B goes for forever. Storm and Hawkeye have tons of synergy as well. And now since I have gimlet I can DHc from hailstorm for more damage on BnB's. Yay. 

2) Frank-A/Iron Fist-B/Doom-A or B. Eh, I picked this team because I wanted to play Frank and Iron Fist, but Iron Fist sucked on my original team. He works wonders with the cart, and Doom is useful for lockdown as well.This is a straight A+ tier team. 

#59 Posted by StarvingGamer (7919 posts) -

Right now I am settled on:

Haggar-a / Ryu-y / Hulk-a

and

Frank-a / Haggar-a / Ghost Rider-a

#60 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

My team right now is Vergil, Hawkeye, Spencer. Been messing with Tron, Nemesis and Deadpool though.

#61 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

I went back to playing Phoenix, though I'm trying FChump's set up. I still love Captain America though, this will just be my backup lol

#62 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4252 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

@BabyChooChoo: They all got BUFF. Felicia was solid B-tier and is probably A-tier now, Super Skrull was already secretly A-tier and he's maybe A+ now, and Dormammu could easily be viable for new S-tier with all the shit they gave him.

Yeah, I was kinda shocked about how much stuff they gave Dormammu. I'm not a fighting game expert in the least bit so I don't know how they decide what to change, but if I had to guess what they would change about him months ago, I would've assumed they would have left him alone or nerfed him a bit. Again, I am no expert, but I could do some respectable damage with him. Same goes for Skrull.

Of course I was also excited about the Felicia changes, but I will not rest until Capcom makes her S-tier in one game. Don't get me wrong, I'd use her if she was freaking Z-tier, but I'd love to see some pros using her if only to see what she's truly capable of.

#63 Posted by StarvingGamer (7919 posts) -
@BabyChooChoo Go online and look for replays of a player named CrispyTacos. Felicia $$$
#64 Posted by MethodMan008 (805 posts) -

Im using Nemesis/Spencer/Hawkeye right now..

Nemesis is actually pretty solid on point so far...

For two bonus points, who did I steal that team from? :P

#65 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@MethodMan008: I know I know...was it combofiend? and what do i win?

#66 Posted by Bravestar (379 posts) -

my team is now Wolverine/Sentinel/Spencer. not sure about Spencer, but his mobility is so good.

#67 Posted by DarkShaper (1319 posts) -

So far I use hawkeye/dormamu/Doom but I haven't really cemented a team

#68 Edited by Phished0ne (2477 posts) -

Akuma/Ammy/Felicia

People are really fustrated by Felicia right now, at least on PSN. I can pretty much lock people down in the corner with her diving triangle kick thing. She gets really fucking fast with lvl 3 xfactor. Her rolling hyper is pretty good at catching people offguard for a quick DHC cycle through Akuma's beam and Ammy's elements. I'm just trying to cement order right now. My characters are all really low health and that makes them all a liability on point, especially considering how they nixed air-dash blocking.

I've been messing around with a few other teams but i dont really like many of the new characters, which is a shame because they were the main reason for UMVC. Originally I played Akuma/Ammy/Strider but he's just WAYYYY to fragile, although i may consider him in a different team.

#69 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3101 posts) -

Viewtiful Joe, Hulk, Vergil.

#70 Posted by Reddy1124 (138 posts) -

I have two teams: Sentinal, Dante, and Wesker; and the 2nd team is Nemesis, Ghost Rider, and Hawkeye.

#71 Posted by Googly (245 posts) -

Currently using: Nemesis, Captain America, Frank West, and Hawkeye. I really want to build a Phoenix Wright Team but I feel like he needs good assists that push the opponent away like Doom plasma beam to make up for his bad defense.

#72 Posted by Sauson (560 posts) -

Not entirely sure yet. I know I'm going to use Hawkeye because he's one of my favorite Marvel heroes and I told myself if he was ever added to MvC3 that I would use him in my team.

Other then that I have to wait till Christmas to try everyone out and see who I like.

#73 Posted by Wes899 (2106 posts) -

Iron First/Ryu/Firebrand

#74 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I'm testing the synergy between Vergil / Frank West / Dr. Doom right now.

#75 Posted by LiquidPrince (15836 posts) -

Currently, Vergil, Dante, and Morrigan.

#76 Posted by Mesoian (1572 posts) -

So two weeks after release, I'm using my vanilla team of Shehulk/hsienko/Morrigan. Still cutting a swarth, people don't know how to deal with Hsienko's keep out game. The only problem is YOU CAN NEVER STOP MOVING, NOT FOR A SECOND, or you die.

I was playing around with Wright/Morrigan/Frank for a while, and getting varying levels of success with it, but Wright simply can't compete with the big boys. At the end of the day, the fact that his meta game relies on randomness means you will never see him played on a competitive level. It's cool that people are finding 700k+ combos with him now, but his normals are so terrible and his mobility so limited that even the best assists can't help him start combos. Most of the time it just feels like trying futily to get to turnabout and then use shining finger to work something out, and even then, faster characters are still going to put him down. Frank's cool though, wanna learn how to use him better.

Strider is amazing but I can't wrap my head around him. Hawkeye is silly good. One frame hypers ruin this game.

#77 Posted by ShinSolidus (35 posts) -

Still working on mine (Even though I suck horribly at the game.) My team in the original was Deadpool, Akuma and Captain America (Wolverine would sometimes find his way in) but with the new additions and tweaks, Ryu, Nova, Iron Fist, Vergil and Iron Man find their way into the team (usually replacing Deadpool.)

#78 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

I'm looking for a point character. I have Hawkeye/Hulk down but I need someone to take point.

#79 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

@GlenTennis: someone with a trench coat

#80 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Super Skrull, Dante and Storm

#81 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

@slightconfuse said:

@GlenTennis: someone with a trench coat

I know you're only half kidding, but man it's tempting...

#82 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

@GlenTennis: you could go with Ryu, chris G's Ryu/Hawkeye combos are crazy

#83 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

@slightconfuse said:

@GlenTennis: you could go with Ryu, chris G's Ryu/Hawkeye combos are crazy

Im thinking either Ryu, Skrull or Cap.

#84 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -

Firebrand, Shuma and Skrull. I had to main Firebrand after seeing that neutral stance.

#85 Posted by Libberate (17 posts) -

X-23 / Doom / Hawkeye  X-23 on point, doom beam assist to support x-23 and punish any assists the enemy calls.  I save hawkeye as an anchor for Gimlet X-factor Gimlet shenanigans. 
Fun fact, it only takes one level 3 xfactored gimlet  to kill a dark phoenix from full health. I've experienced that every time i've gone against an enemy phoenix :)

#86 Posted by saxmusician20 (135 posts) -

Trying out Nova/ Dr. Doom/ Dr. Strange- However, I am finding Doom isn't working as well as Wolverine or Ryu. I want to keep Nova and Strange. Any suggestions?

#87 Posted by Petiew (1322 posts) -

Hsien-Ko / Vergil / X-23

Vergil is mostly just for the assist, so I can use Hsien-ko for zoning, I'm pretty bad at playing him.

#88 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Felicia/Taskmaster/Magneto

It's a pretty insane team, they all go together stupidly well. Taskmaster pressure with Felicia (Rolling Buckler, 2 hits, second hits low) or Magneto assist (Disruptor) is scary good. I keep Magneto on anchor because he's my best character and I think he's the best out of them all solo. Taskmaster can zone very nicely with the Magneto assist being called in too, heck he can zone out Sentinel for free alone.

I don't like Felicia in x-factor, a lot of her air combos stop working because of the insane speed boost she gets. She's probably my weakest character out of them all, the most damage I can get out of her right now is around 690k with 1 meter, some of her stronger combos seem quite impractical in actual matches, a few of them don't even work on most characters. In the corner I can DHC to Taskmaster for around 870k damage, so that's pretty much a dead character for quite a lot of the cast, it's easy to push people in the corner with Felicia too thanks to Delta Kick.

#89 Posted by Mago (129 posts) -

Frank West/Ryu/Dormammu

I enjoy how all the three play and I can get Frank to level 4 in one combo and he's crazy good when you get there. I also just enjoy the synergy that all their hyper combos have.

#90 Posted by darrenmartin98 (1 posts) -

Team trenchcoat :) if anyone knows who that is ;)

#91 Edited by Sackmanjones (4650 posts) -

Holy necro batman. Oh wait, this isn't injustice... Holy necro Deadpool?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.