Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ultra Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Apr 17, 2014

The third major installment of the Street Fighter IV legacy adds characters and stages from Street Fighter X Tekken, a brand new fighter, new gameplay mechanics (including the ability to bring both Ultra Combos into the fight), and a variety of balance tweaks, training enhancements, and new modes.

Omega is so Close, but broken

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By s10129107

Ultra Street Figher 4 Omega came out today and Gen has this million hit mash combo. I got him my first match trying the game.
    It's disappointing because Omega is otherwise really fresh and exciting. Hopefully they'll patch it soon.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Truly the pinnacle of fighting games.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In all fairness you can't mash it out. I tried doing this in training and I couldn't. Didn't work with the turbo button either. Seems to require very specific timing or maybe they have special fight sticks with adjustable turbo. At any rate Omega is still broken.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Corevi

Is this Dick Kicker 2 HD Remix?

Loading Video...

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I thought the point of Omega is that itll be broken and unbalanced but fun?

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Gen is broken beyond the point of being fun. The rest of Omega has been really fun for me so far but there are too many people playing Gen and spamming lk. It's not a game at that point, you're just waiting for the round to be over as you get kicked 150 times. I think it clearly needs to be fixed ASAP.

keris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

In all fairness you can't mash it out. I tried doing this in training and I couldn't. Didn't work with the turbo button either. Seems to require very specific timing or maybe they have special fight sticks with adjustable turbo. At any rate Omega is still broken.

Have you tried lp->lk, mash lk? It seems to be a magic series lk, instead of a normal.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@hero_swe: Truly the highest evolution of high level tournament play! But for real, since I am a casual, if you told me the above was an amazing high level move, I would believe you.

@corevi said:

Is this Dick Kicker 2 HD Remix?

Loading Video...

I truly forgot about that great remix. I thank you for reminding me that this exists.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the plus side, it's a hell of a lesson if you're playing too much on auto-pilot or something :P

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@s10129107: thanks for the reminder haven't been playing Ultra lately but can't wait to try this new mode. Hopefully it's not as bad as you say.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Yeah I got a Gen in one of my first matches. Must admit I got a good chuckle when he did it to me the first round, since I wasn't expecting something so batshit ridiculous. Anyway, Omega is neat but I'm now disabling edition select in my unranked games searches.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keris said:

@s10129107 said:

Have you tried lp->lk, mash lk? It seems to be a magic series lk, instead of a normal.

You're right, if you hit lp then lk you can mash lk brainlessly and do the infinite hit combo. There are even more of these people online now.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hero_swe said:

Truly the pinnacle of fighting games.

Even when broken Street Fighter stands above the rest. That's power.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok yeah that is damn broken as hell XD , I knew there was an infinite but man this is too much.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thatpinguino  Moderator

So is Omega mode going to be tournament legal once the infinites get ironed out?

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Side tournaments maybe, I would not expect it to replace Ultra anytime soon, especially for anything related to the Pro Tour.

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At best Omega will be a side tournament at events, who cares though all guys you should be playing Xrd anyway.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ouch...

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thatpinguino  Moderator

@westernwizard: It looks like all of the different character versions are selectable from the main menu so could a player choose a given version of a character to use, like how people chose SF2 Sagat over the Turbo version in SF2 tournaments because that was the best version of him. So all of the versions of all of the characters would be legal at once.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@thatpinguino: That's not going to happen for USFIV. It would make the whole thing terribly unbalanced.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thatpinguino  Moderator

@starvinggamer: Ok I wasn't sure if the different versions were still that unbalanced with each other. Like is OG Sagat still too borken to fight any other character fairly?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you play Omega in Ranked? Do earn the same points as regular Ranked matches?

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They will probably patch out Gen's infinite but Omega should stay broken. They made it very clear that it was not designed to be balanced at all, and just for fun. That is why there is no ranked play with it.

There will probably be side tournaments of Omega but the main Ultra edition is what will be the standard.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@thatpinguino: Well, they haven't rebalanced vanilla Sagat if that's what you're asking. Otherwise he wouldn't be vanilla Sagat.

@lukeweizer: No, ranked is only Ultra characters

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thatpinguino  Moderator

@starvinggamer: I more meant that vanilla Sagat was broken relative to everything else in vanilla, but I wonder if he would still be busted in a context where there are like 20 characters that didn't exist when he was crushing fools. Not to mention the 2 different ultra options and the multiple revisions of each character. I would love to see if the broken characters of older versions become relatively tame if you could pick any version of any character to fight against them. Alternatively, would OG Sagat or Super Yun be so oppressively good that the hundreds of potential character configurations would be invalidated by their very existence?

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't messed around with Omega mode yet. The QL was pretty disappointing. Now I know how Dynasty Warriors fans feel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.