Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ultra Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Apr 17, 2014

The third major installment of the Street Fighter IV legacy adds characters and stages from Street Fighter X Tekken, a brand new fighter, new gameplay mechanics (including the ability to bring both Ultra Combos into the fight), and a variety of balance tweaks, training enhancements, and new modes.

Which is the most active platform these days?

Mcubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I loved Street Fighter IV. Played it almost everyday for 2 years. With Ultra coming out it seems like a good time to get back into it. Lots of characters I need to catch up on. I'm just wondering what the most active platform would be. I love playing online against people, but I'm not exactly the next Daigo. I figure the platform that has the most people on it, would have the most variety, and perhaps more people around my level. Anyone have a good sense of where most of the SF fans have migrated to, be it XBOX, PS3, or PC?

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think the PS3 has always been the most popular platform purely because it's the console they use at evo but I'm sure they're all pretty highly populated.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@heyguys said:

I think the PS3 has always been the most popular platform purely because it's the console they use at evo but I'm sure they're all pretty highly populated.

This year it's going to be played on Xbox 360s at EVO. I'm also sure it's highly populated on both systems.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My bet would be 360 since it's widely accepted to have the better controller/sticks. Depends how hardcore people are though, if they play with arcade sticks then controllers wouldn't even factor in. XBL is more stable than PSN generally. Sorry if that sounds fan-boyish but that is my objective opinion mixed with commonly accepted opinion. PS3 is a more powerful console :D

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have both the PS3 version is shit, drops frames on multiple stages offline. Also PSN is not as stable as Live. 360 version is the one to get until the PC version comes out. The player base is not as strong as console though.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3, because lol 360 dpad.

DaMaJaDiZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By DaMaJaDiZ

@pinner458:

@pinner458 said:

My bet would be 360 since it's widely accepted to have the better controller/sticks. Depends how hardcore people are though, if they play with arcade sticks then controllers wouldn't even factor in. XBL is more stable than PSN generally. Sorry if that sounds fan-boyish but that is my objective opinion mixed with commonly accepted opinion. PS3 is a more powerful console :D

The best sticks for shooters, but the worst d-pad for fighters. It's not even funny how bad.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait..... people try to use the D-Pad on the 360 controller to play fighters? Why wouldn't you just use the analog stick?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There will be the most new players on PC when that launches, but until then 360 is your best bet. Unless you don't already have a Gold sub though then it's not worth getting one just for USSF4:AE12.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Well in terms of being active, the last couple of times I've played with fight request it's been difficult to make it through a match of arcade on the PS3.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

well this thread went fanboy arguments fast.... I believe the point was "are you seeing a lot of players playing on which platform the most?"

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

Well players like Smug can body with em...

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@pinner458:

@pinner458 said:

The best sticks for shooters, but the worst d-pad for fighters. It's not even funny how bad.

360 d-pad is indisputably garbage, but pro's prefer sticks do they not? Closer to arcade sticks than a d-pad, I could be wrong, i don't follow the scene that closely.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#15  Edited By StarvingGamer

I think long-term the 360 community will end up being more active. Right now it's zeitgeist so it probably doesn't matter.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

@damajadiz said:

@pinner458:

@pinner458 said:

360 d-pad is indisputably garbage, but pro's prefer sticks do they not? Closer to arcade sticks than a d-pad, I could be wrong, i don't follow the scene that closely.

360 pads are considered bad for most but some are able to do really well with them. In the end if players have a preference and can do well with whatever they use, it doesn't really matter.

Mcubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wow, this did go to the fanboys pretty quick eh? Oh well, seems the majority are leaning towards 360. Heard on the bombcast today that AE is coming to that games with gold thing anyway, so at least I wouldn't have to buy the whole thing again. I was originally on the PS3. The last time I played on PS3 I was finding it kinda spotty, and I do agree that I had some issues with PSN over the years either in getting matches, or getting smooth running matches. So I'll give the 360 a shot. I played Injustice just fine on the 360 controller, but I use the analog sticks so that didn't really matter to much to me. Thanks guys!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.