Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

9 hours, 42 minutes and 12 seconds of awesomeness

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By angelkanarias

Uncharted 2 has gone over all my expectations. I remember I downloaded the Uncharted 1 demo way back in 2007 and hated it, so my expectations for this one were basically the same. But suddenly tons of positive reviews went up, and I had to buy it even if it was going to be a crap. I bought it this Saturday morning and started playing it around 22.00, and suddenly I noticed it was quite late, around 03.00 I thought, I watched the time and it was 06.00. I played over 8 hours without pause (which is kinda preoccupying). But anyways, I finished it this morning and I just loved it.  For a normal type of dude this game can take around 12 hours during a couple of weeks I guess. 

Here you have some general impressions:

The Good

• Awesome storyline: Even though it can be unrealistic, the storyline told through the cutscenes and flashbacks was very entertaining.
    • Dialogues: The dialogues aren't super profound, but they were funny in various occasions and managed to make the job.
    • Outstanding game-play: The mix between the boss fights, puzzles, dynamic climbing, interactive cutscenes, stealth moments, fighting and shooting is perfect. You won't get bored of having to do the same thing for a long period of time because it won't happen.
    • Best graphics of 2009: This game is probably the best game in graphics of the year (or the best game of the year). The city views are amazing, the night and day scenes are formidable, the dynamic textures give the game a lot of life (like the wet clothes during the rain or the snow movement),  the faces are pretty realistic, the lipsinc and expressions are great, and how not, awesome explosions and building deformations!

The Bad

• Fan noise: If you don't have a PS3 slim, this game will probably make your fan run pretty fast, making a pretty loud noise.
    • Climbing: The climbing is awesome, but you may get stuck in some parts, not very often but it may happen, fortunately you have a tip system if you don't do what you are supposed to, so it isn't almost a problem.
    • Freezing: The game froze one time for me at the middle of the campaign, dunno how usual this is.
    • If you are reading this, you probably haven't bought the game yet or you haven't finished it yet.
    • The game can, in fact, be finished.

If you have a PS3, this is a must-buy. Now I am going to figure out if it's normal to beat a game so quickly.
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By angelkanarias

Uncharted 2 has gone over all my expectations. I remember I downloaded the Uncharted 1 demo way back in 2007 and hated it, so my expectations for this one were basically the same. But suddenly tons of positive reviews went up, and I had to buy it even if it was going to be a crap. I bought it this Saturday morning and started playing it around 22.00, and suddenly I noticed it was quite late, around 03.00 I thought, I watched the time and it was 06.00. I played over 8 hours without pause (which is kinda preoccupying). But anyways, I finished it this morning and I just loved it.  For a normal type of dude this game can take around 12 hours during a couple of weeks I guess. 

Here you have some general impressions:

The Good

• Awesome storyline: Even though it can be unrealistic, the storyline told through the cutscenes and flashbacks was very entertaining.
    • Dialogues: The dialogues aren't super profound, but they were funny in various occasions and managed to make the job.
    • Outstanding game-play: The mix between the boss fights, puzzles, dynamic climbing, interactive cutscenes, stealth moments, fighting and shooting is perfect. You won't get bored of having to do the same thing for a long period of time because it won't happen.
    • Best graphics of 2009: This game is probably the best game in graphics of the year (or the best game of the year). The city views are amazing, the night and day scenes are formidable, the dynamic textures give the game a lot of life (like the wet clothes during the rain or the snow movement),  the faces are pretty realistic, the lipsinc and expressions are great, and how not, awesome explosions and building deformations!

The Bad

• Fan noise: If you don't have a PS3 slim, this game will probably make your fan run pretty fast, making a pretty loud noise.
    • Climbing: The climbing is awesome, but you may get stuck in some parts, not very often but it may happen, fortunately you have a tip system if you don't do what you are supposed to, so it isn't almost a problem.
    • Freezing: The game froze one time for me at the middle of the campaign, dunno how usual this is.
    • If you are reading this, you probably haven't bought the game yet or you haven't finished it yet.
    • The game can, in fact, be finished.

If you have a PS3, this is a must-buy. Now I am going to figure out if it's normal to beat a game so quickly.
    tombp92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By tombp92

yeah i finished it in about 10 hours or so, just couldnt put it down. I only had some minor complaints like the controls and some of the climbing portions, but overall one of the best games this generation(if not the best), cant wait to start on mp and co-op. btw: playing with doughnut drake is the best thing ever!!

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By angelkanarias
    @tombp92 said:
    " yeah i finished it in about 10 hours or so, just couldnt put it down. I only had some minor complaints like the controls and some of the climbing portions, but overall one of the best games this generation(if not the best), cant wait to start on mp and co-op. btw: playing with doughnut drake is the best thing ever!! "
    I agree, I also have to check out the coop and mp. I also just bought doughnut drake and it's hilarious.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By luce

how is the replay value? not talking about multiplayer

Kibblez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Kibblez

Cant wait to play this when I get back from uni.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee
    @luce:
    About the same as the original. 100 treasures to search for throughout, 4 difficulties and theres a good deal of unlockable tweaks like skins, weapons annnd stuff like turning off gravity or playing in slo-mo. 
    Its good enough for me to get plenty of playthroughs out of it, but i could definatley see why people will leave it at just one playthrough.
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By angelkanarias
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @luce: About the same as the original. 100 treasures to search for throughout, 4 difficulties and theres a good deal of unlockable tweaks like skins, weapons annnd stuff like turning off gravity or playing in slo-mo. Its good enough for me to get plenty of playthroughs out of it, but i could definatley see why people will leave it at just one playthrough. "
    QFT, but the game is totally worth the 60 dollars even if you don't replay.
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VWGTI
    @luce: 

Tons of replay value. You can unlock extra costumes (fat Drake XD), weapons, and cheats. There are treasures to find as well. 

You may not be interested in multiplayer (I'm usually not either) I tried it out last night and the co-op multiplayer is awwwwwwwwesome.
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By angelkanarias
    @PeasForFees said:
    " @luce:  
    "
    XDDDDDD 
    @VWGTI said:
    " @luce:  Tons of replay value. You can unlock extra costumes (fat Drake XD), weapons, and cheats. There are treasures to find as well.  You may not be interested in multiplayer (I'm usually not either) I tried it out last night and the co-op multiplayer is awwwwwwwwesome. "
    good to know coop is awesome, can't wait to try it out!
    nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By nrain

I completed it in a very similar time to you, I don't where some people are getting 12 hours from though.

resident_UA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By resident_UA
    @nrain said:
    "

I completed it in a very similar time to you, I don't where some people are getting 12 hours from though.

"
    If you look for treasures or play on hard difficulty it is going to take longer...
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @PeasForFees: That's hilarious. I am buying the game today and I need to get that skin. XD
    nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nrain
    @roman2003h:
    I guess but I never play a game first time on hard, it would be torture.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mordukai
    @luce said:
    " how is the replay value? not talking about multiplayer "
    • You have 101 (yes there are 101) treasures to collect throughout the game.
    • You can replay the game on higher difficulty level. 
    • The combat system is robust enough for you to experiment with as there so many ways for getting through a fire fight. 
    • Some levels are so crazy and unique you want to replay through them again. 
    • There medals that you can earn throughout the game that earn you money that you can spend in the store buying behind the scenes videos, cool render modes, skins, and much more.
    • The visuals are top notch and I know people use that description a lot but they are really breath taking. 
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Shadow

Aside from MW2, this will go down as the best multiplayer game of this year in my book (and yes that includes Street Fighter 4)

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By tebbit
    @Mordukai: Is the 101st treasure a Jak & Daxter precursor egg like last time?
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Griddler
    @angelkanarias: Yeah the game is awesome, it doesn't make my PS3 louder though.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mordukai
    @Tebbit said:
    " @Mordukai: Is the 101st treasure a Jak & Daxter precursor egg like last time? "
    *Winks*
    coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By coolarman

FUCK THIS GAME

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By calidan777
    @coolarman said:
    " FUCK THIS GAME "
    You again, really? Will somebody please do something about this troll.

Anyway, I haven't finished yet but I think that I'm pretty close. So far the game has blown me away, really, really  like the story.
    coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By coolarman
    @calidan777 said:
    " @coolarman said:
    " FUCK THIS GAME "
    You again, really? Will somebody please do something about this troll.

Anyway, I haven't finished yet but I think that I'm pretty close. So far the game has blown me away, really, really  like the story. "
    Leave me the fuck alone
    ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By ZeroCast
    @coolarman said:
    "FUCK THIS GAME "

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By GunstarRed
    @coolarman:
    why do you hate this game so much? 

did sully touch you in a special place? 

..Its a shame about all the reports of freezing and glitching because when it happened to me it really broke the flow of things... game is absolutely stunning though despite some enemy spam to compensate for bullet sponges.
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Steve_C
    @coolarman: What's wrong with you. Why do you need to swear all the time?

Go have a nice sleep and chill out before you have a nervous breakdown.
    Avatar image for deactivated-589b97df1f8d4
    deactivated-589b97df1f8d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolarman:
    Fuck man, I keep hearing a clucking noise, fuck where is that chicken!
    coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By coolarman
    @Steve_C said:
    " @coolarman: What's wrong with you. Why do you need to swear all the time?  Go have a nice sleep and chill out before you have a nervous breakdown. "
    I just don't like the fact that people like this game
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ineedaname

I never thought it was all that good, I've not touched the multiplayer but the single player was a little underwhelming, as you mentioned the platforming was a little iffy in spots, but to go with that, I felt alot of it was similar to the first, and alot of the game consisted of, oh the doors locked, Drake you go around and open it, over and over, that really got me annoyed, the combat was good, till those guardian things came into it, which just reminded me of the first again. Several things hold it back for me.

Oh and a special mention to the last boss.

Avatar image for deactivated-589b97df1f8d4
    deactivated-589b97df1f8d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Coolarman likes wrestling, must be a kid, carry on people, dont waist your breathe on him.
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Steve_C
    @coolarman said:
    " @Steve_C said:
    " @coolarman: What's wrong with you. Why do you need to swear all the time?  Go have a nice sleep and chill out before you have a nervous breakdown. "
    I just don't like the fact that people like this game "
    Well it's not your opinion and I don't know why you would get so worked up about it. Great games deserve credit, and Uncharted 2 being awesome is something you'll have to get over. Start hyping some other cool game instead of being so negative all the time. You're not really presenting yourself well at all, and nobody will care about you or what you have to say if you keep this up.
    coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By coolarman
    @Steve_C said:
    " @coolarman said:
    " @Steve_C said:
    Well it's not your opinion and I don't know why you would get so worked up about it. Great games deserve credit, and Uncharted 2 being awesome is something you'll have to get over. Start hyping some other cool game instead of being so negative all the time. You're not really presenting yourself well at all, and nobody will care about you or what you have to say if you keep this up. "
    Dude i am so sorry my little brother who hates me started posting all this shit over the forums cause he hates this game, I haven't played it but i will
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Steve_C
    @coolarman said:
    " @Steve_C said:
    " @coolarman said:
    " @Steve_C said:
    Well it's not your opinion and I don't know why you would get so worked up about it. Great games deserve credit, and Uncharted 2 being awesome is something you'll have to get over. Start hyping some other cool game instead of being so negative all the time. You're not really presenting yourself well at all, and nobody will care about you or what you have to say if you keep this up. "
    Dude i am so sorry my little brother who hates me started posting all this shit over the forums cause he hates this game, I haven't played it but i will "
    Haha, not sure if i'll buy that, but if you start being reasonable from now on then that's great... and change your password while you're at it.
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By angelkanarias
    Quit feeding the troll. If  he writes unproductive comments and gets loads of comments, he will keep doing it.  Anyways:
    @Ineedaname
    said:

" I never thought it was all that good, I've not touched the multiplayer but the single player was a little underwhelming, as you mentioned the platforming was a little iffy in spots, but to go with that, I felt alot of it was similar to the first, and alot of the game consisted of, oh the doors locked, Drake you go around and open it, over and over, that really got me annoyed, the combat was good, till those guardian things came into it, which just reminded me of the first again. Several things hold it back for me. "

I thought there were more positive values than negative, but I can understand how those type of things you mentioned can frustrate you. And yeah, the guardians were a bit annoying.
    coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By coolarman
    @Steve_C said:
    " @coolarman said:
    " @Steve_C said:
    " @coolarman said:
    " @Steve_C said:
    Dude i am so sorry my little brother who hates me started posting all this shit over the forums cause he hates this game, I haven't played it but i will "
    Haha, not sure if i'll buy that, but if you start being reasonable from now on then that's great... and change your password while you're at it. "
    Trust me my little brother is the most annoying ass ever and i have changed my password
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By angelkanarias
    @coolarman said:
    " @Steve_C said:
    " @coolarman said:
    " @Steve_C said:
    lol, yeah right. anyways quit replying this shit on my blog it's getting me annoyed.
    coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By coolarman
    @angelkanarias said:
    " @coolarman said:
    " @Steve_C said:
    " @coolarman said:
    " @Steve_C said:
    lol, yeah right. anyways quit replying this shit on my blog it's getting me annoyed. "
    Dude i am telling the truth and i am REALLY REALLY SORRY. 
    PowerBombYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PowerBombYo

Oh crap! I almost died laughing from that fat Drake video!

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FunExplosions

Game froze for me three times so far. This was after extensive and constant play times so I was ready to quit when it froze anyway. Plus, I have over a 25 hours of play time in the game from just 3 days of having the game. I'm sure they'll patch this pretty quickly anyway.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @angelkanarias said:

" @PeasForFees said:

" @luce:  
    "
    XDDDDDD 
    @VWGTI said:
    " @luce:  Tons of replay value. You can unlock extra costumes (fat Drake XD), weapons, and cheats. There are treasures to find as well.  You may not be interested in multiplayer (I'm usually not either) I tried it out last night and the co-op multiplayer is awwwwwwwwesome. "
    good to know coop is awesome, can't wait to try it out! "
    so that is what Ryan would look like as Nathan Drake....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.