Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Difficulties...

klownboots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By klownboots

I see alot of people saying they played it on normal first. I chose hard as I knew it would be a bit more fun/challenging. 9 hours and 48 minutes later I had it beat. I am now going through on crushing, which is proving to be incredibly fun and frustrating.

With that, what difficulty did you play it on first, and why? Also I am curious how long it took you. my under 10 hours was not rushed, I took my time and enjoyed the whole experience. I see other people taking 11+ hours. Not sure what I did to do it so fast haha.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

Is crushing unlocked when you first play the game?

timay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By timay
    @Baillie: you need to beat the game on hard before it unlocks.

edit: to stay on topic. I beat on normal first not really sure why. Kinda regretting it since i need to beat it again on hard to unlock crushing
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By KaosAngel
    @timay said:
    " @Baillie: you need to beat the game on hard before it unlocks.  edit: to stay on topic. I beat on normal first not really sure why. Kinda regretting it since i need to beat it again on hard to unlock crushing "
    Wait what?  I was told you unlock Crushing just by beating it...just like the first game.  I'm already on 23 on normal, I'm not playing the story for this three times for that Crushing trophy.
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Baillie
    @timay said:
    " @Baillie: you need to beat the game on hard before it unlocks.  edit: to stay on topic. I beat on normal first not really sure why. Kinda regretting it since i need to beat it again on hard to unlock crushing "
    Fuck off. There is nothing worse than playing a game you can't put on the hardest difficulty, I don't want to have a slight challenge then onto the real thing. I want to play a game once and enjoy it. I am disappointed Naughty Dog.
    klownboots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By klownboots
    @Baillie said:
    " @timay said:
    Fuck off. There is nothing worse than playing a game you can't put on the hardest difficulty, I don't want to have a slight challenge then onto the real thing. I want to play a game once and enjoy it. I am disappointed Naughty Dog. "
    Easy there tiger, its just a game. Also there is ALOT of reasons to replay through this game. 

1. The treasures. When you go to replay it it counts the other treasures you got on your previous play through, giving you a reason to play through each chapter (this time on Crushing, if you are going for the plat trophy.
    2. Character Skins. Seriously it is way to much fun to play through the game as a skeleton or fatass version of Nathan Drake.
    3. The epic set pieces. Almost every chapter has it, I could play through some of them over and over again just because of how epic they look
    4. Earning money/medals/trophies
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Baillie
    @klownboots: SHADDUP. I just find it annoying, I always play the hardest difficulty and it just bugs me that I have to go through a game once to unlock that. I'm not singling out Uncharted 2, I'm guaranteeing I'll want to go back through it again, but for the first run, I don't want it to be too easy. You know what I'm saying? Say I'm going through on hard and I get stuck at a section, when I go through on crushing it'll take away the difficulty because I've already done this part and I know what I'm doing. 

I'm not bashing it, I'm just against the whole concept.
    klownboots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By klownboots
    @Baillie said:
    " when I go through on crushing it'll take away the difficulty because I've already done this part and I know what I'm doing. "

You will find whole new sections to be challenging, believe me. Sure puzzles and the climbing remains the same, the gun play is changed. My play through the first time involved little to no stealth. On crushing I find it more enjoyable (both because it makes it a bit easier and it is fun) to sneak around and take guys out silently. Honestly this play through is incredibly different compared to my play through on hard.
    Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror

i played it on normal, it was good fun, real good fun.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Griddler

I played it on normal the first time, and I'm halfway through the game on hard. God this game is awesome.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By MeierTheRed

Started it on normal, beat it in almost one sitting. Started on hard yesterday, and i'm at the last boss now, and he is proving to be a cheap asshole. The game it self wasn't hard on "hard" but the last boss pisses me off.

Zarile3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zarile3

I beat it on normal the first play through, and I enjoyed it so much I decided to play on Hard as well, and I am on chapter 15 at this point. Honestly, I have NEVER replayed a game, I have been playing since the NES, and never once have I felt like replaying a game, but this time around is completely different. I am actually enjoying my play through on hard more than normal, just for the shear fact that it requires more thought to each fight, it's great fun! Once I finish hard, I plan on trying Crushing, but no guarantees I will beat it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

I played on Hard mode first run through, got about 40 something treasures too. Took me around 12 hours maybe i think, the last 3 probably stuck on the end boss....
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By GunstarRed

Normal, I want to enjoy the story first time round and not get frustrated by the gameplay. I found it slightly more difficult than the first game which goes against trophy sites that are saying the game is much, much easier to beat on crushing than the first. I'm going to start on that tonight and am not looking forward to the sections in the monastery at all.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By mordukai

Normal, because I am the normal one here and all of you are the crazies. 

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By CowMuffins

I played on Easy, because I always play games on the easier difficulty so I can get the story aspect without having to deal with tough battles. I'm probably going to go back and replay it on a hard though.

Avatar image for carolinafan3515
    CarolinaFan3515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By CarolinaFan3515
    @klownboots: I started on hard as well with a friend then started another play through on normal just so 
    i could go around and find the rest of the treasure.  I couldn't give you a time line though cause my treasure hunt is a bunch of check every corner and see what's there, and my play through with my buddy is a little long winded because he takes forever when he plays a game.  He never knows where he needs to go or how to get there (sometimes watching him play is more frustrating than a challenging gun play sequence).  That being said, we are 12 hours in and just now at the
    Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Yukoei

I always start off on normal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.