Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Getting some freezing issues

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Omega

Okay so I'm a few hours in and Uncharted 2 froze twice on me within 20 minutes. They both happened in Nepal. I dunno if there's a connection between this and the uncharted 1 freezing issues due to the 3.0 update but this is worrying me a little since I just got a ps3 less than 4 months ago. I'm hoping its just a bug and not my system.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

I'm currently on chapter 23 and no freezing so far. Is your PS3 in a place that can cause it to heat up?

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Omega
    @LiquidPrince: No, I dont think so. It's got about a foot of breathing space in every direction, and its elevated about 6 inches off the floor on a wooden platform.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Omega: Weird.
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By NinjaHunter

Did you ever update to 3.01?

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Omega
    @NinjaHunter: Yeah, I did and it solved all the other freeze problems with my other games that freeze easy (Batman and Prototype) I didn't have any problems after 3.01 until Uncharted 2.
    Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Cub3

I just now hit chapter 24. And i have not had a freezing issue either.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Omega

I gave my PS3 a break and then played uncharted 2 for a few more hours and I had zero freezes since, so maybe I just needed to take a break.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Yeah if it freezes, it means the videocard overheated. You must have a 60 gig ps3 right? Don't over use it because it will cause alot of heat, might see board warping and soliering problems later on. You might get the ylod because of all the heat. My 80 gig ps3, my second ps3 has a smaller cpu or gpu, not sure, however it produces less heat. On the pc if the game freezes, it's the videocard overheating so take breaks since uncharted is pushing the ps3's weak 7800rsx 256mb gpu to it's limit.

Rubberduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Rubberduck
    @Omega:
    Try taking it off your shelf and place your ps3 on a book on the floor with nothing surrounding it.
    Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Omega
    @HitmanAgent47: Actually I have an 80 gig. But I dunno if heat is the problem because as I said in my second post it has about a foot of breathing room in every direction and I have it sitting on a wooden platform 6 inches off the ground, so it isn't sitting directly on the carpet.

After thinking about it for awhile I realised that both times it froze was after a long fight, when I hit triangle to switch weapons. So maybe there is a bug, and it isn't my ps3 at all.

But like I said, I haven't had the problem since.
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Uncharted 2 did freeze on me after the largest damn battle in the whole game. Thankfully the game had autosaved right before it happened. It would have sucked to have gone through that again.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Scotto

I had it freeze on me directly after the fight in which you battle both Lazarevic's men, and about five of those guardians, then three more guardians come after you've killed those guys.  I believe it's Chapter 25.

That was the only time for me though.

- Scott

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Yeah, that is the part I was talking about. Hmmm

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Slippy

@Scotto said:

"I had it freeze on me directly after the fight in which you battle both Lazarevic's men, and about five of those guardians, then three more guardians come after you've killed those guys.  I believe it's Chapter 25. That was the only time for me though.  - Scott "

I had it freeze there too, and also once on the train.
    Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ket87

I'm on 22 or 23 and  no freezes. But I have had a lot of Trophy problems. I had two trophies not unlock even though I got the medals for them causing me to have to create a new save game to get them.

avengedxsniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By avengedxsniper
    @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " Uncharted 2 did freeze on me after the largest damn battle in the whole game. Thankfully the game had autosaved right before it happened. It would have sucked to have gone through that again. "
    haha same here.
    Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Teoball
    @avengedxsniper:
    I just finished my second playthrough and it locked up after that fight both times. Nowhere else though.
    ST1LL_iLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ST1LL_iLL
    @Scotto said:
    " I had it freeze on me directly after the fight in which you battle both Lazarevic's men, and about five of those guardians, then three more guardians come after you've killed those guys.  I believe it's Chapter 25. That was the only time for me though.  - Scott "
    It froze on me at this exact point. I had to power off my ps3 and was afraid it might have corrupted my save file. Luckily it didnt, and I resumed where I left off.
    evilhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By evilhomer
    @Tr4gic_H3r0 said:
    " @Scotto said:
    " I had it freeze on me directly after the fight in which you battle both Lazarevic's men, and about five of those guardians, then three more guardians come after you've killed those guys.  I believe it's Chapter 25. That was the only time for me though.  - Scott "
    It froze on me at this exact point. I had to power off my ps3 and was afraid it might have corrupted my save file. Luckily it didnt, and I resumed where I left off. "
    froze for me at this spot too...was after i had cleared it and was very happy it had saved progress and could resume without going through that large battle again

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.