Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

How do you feel about the beta?

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dbz1995

^_^

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

I might get around to downloading this soon...

Monkeygb21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Monkeygb21

In general I have been impressed.   Part of that was low expectations, I figured the multiplayer would be tacked-on garbage.     I have been surprised by how well everything works.   The graphics do not seem compromised and the co-op is a whole lotta fun.

This will be my online shooter of choice until Modern Warfare 2 comes out.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Kiemoe

I haven't really enjoyed online games that much since halo 2. Mostly because I was playing with friends, but the game overall is just really fun

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By TheHBK

It is actually pretty damn fun.  I just get the feeling the guns are really inaccurate and its hard to kill someone with just shooting them.  Feels like someone has more health that I would give them.  Guess too used to COD.   But with the small compact maps, its fun to run around and you can jump around and smack someone down.  I like it and I am just waiting for the single player demo to download to decide if I want to buy it.  i fucking hate the speed of downloading stuff on the PSN.  Xbox live is so much faster.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hitchenson
    @TheHBK: There's a single-player demo? And yeah, PSN downloads are mad slow compared to LIVE.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By GunstarRed

the co-op stuff is fun despite getting killed more often by my own team mates than I would like. Have no interest in the deathmatch stuff because of the game being released so close to MW2.. It's fun and I was surprised how well the game mechanics lend themselves to multiplayer, looks great, sounds great.. there really isn't that much to say about it. 
    I have tried to play it as little as possible because I'd rather not burn out on it before it's actually released.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheHBK
    @Hitchenson said:
    " @TheHBK: There's a single-player demo? And yeah, PSN downloads are mad slow compared to LIVE. "
    At least I think its the single player demo because the Multiplayer Beta was released to everyone, it had been by code only before, last week.  Then i spotted something that just said Uncharted 2 Demo on the PSN.  It was right on the front menu, so I proceeded to download it.  Still waiting on it.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hitchenson
    @TheHBK said:
    " @Hitchenson said:
    " @TheHBK: There's a single-player demo? And yeah, PSN downloads are mad slow compared to LIVE. "
    At least I think its the single player demo because the Multiplayer Beta was released to everyone, it had been by code only before, last week.  Then i spotted something that just said Uncharted 2 Demo on the PSN.  It was right on the front menu, so I proceeded to download it.  Still waiting on it. "
    From what I've seen the multiplayer looks really 'meh', so I'm in no rush to download the beta for it. I'll happily check out a single-player demo if there is one though.
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By spazmaster666

The PSN demo is a multi-player demo. I too thought it might be a single-player demo until I installed it. I deleted it about ten minutes later . . . :P

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By dbz1995

Is it just me, or are the controls strange for a PS3 controller? Mainly because after I shoot a bullet or two, I always reload, and I hate the R2 and L2 buttons on my controller. I sometimes press square and do a melee attack on a wall -_-...its just annoying now that most games have a very similar button configuration that this one has a completely different one. Other than that, the guns seem slightly unbalanced, but its pretty good.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @dbz1995 said:
    " Is it just me, or are the controls strange for a PS3 controller? Mainly because after I shoot a bullet or two, I always reload, and I hate the R2 and L2 buttons on my controller. I sometimes press square and do a melee attack on a wall -_-...its just annoying now that most games have a very similar button configuration that this one has a completely different one. Other than that, the guns seem slightly unbalanced, but its pretty good. "
    I learn new controls quickly so that wasn't really a problem for me. As for the unbalanced weapons, are you talking about the M4 carbine and the so-called "Dragon sniper"?
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By sjschmidt93

Pretty good, actually.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Diamond

The MP is definitely very solid but I don't know if it'll have a huge draw for me.  I'm more interested in the Uncharted 2 SP portions.

First round I played in this second beta phase (I also played in the previous phase months ago), it was me and 4 other people levels 1-4 against a team of players levels 19-49 or some ridiculous shit.  I held my own because I already knew what I was doing but the matchmaking is as bad as it could be.  Being higher level gives you a distinct firepower advantage, unlike COD4.  This limits to playerbase because the people that play more will not only be more skilled from playing, but also have an advantage in power.

I was also kind of surprised about some of the gunplay.  Shooting someone in the head doesn't seem to do much extra damage with many weapons.  When I came from playing Halo 3 / ODST I noticed myself shooting less often to get headshots, but that never works with most weapons in U2...

Anyways it's still very good despite those flaws, it's just no COD4 or Halo 3 at this point.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Lashe

I hope what we're seeing graphically in multiplayer is making some hefty concessions, I went from the original Uncharted to the Uncharted 2 Beta and it just looked like the same game completely. 

Not sure how I feel about this one, I loved the original, but the multiplayer of this that i've played seems to be pretty..tacked on to say the least. 

I do know, however, that when I buy Uncharted 2 it will not be to play the multiplayer.

JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus
    @TheHBK: Cant remember where i read it but they said they are not releasing a single player demo because they dont need to because people are already hyped for the game.
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Griddler

It's awesome, glad I pre-ordered =D

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheHBK
    @JellyFish_Gsus said:
    " @TheHBK: Cant remember where i read it but they said they are not releasing a single player demo because they dont need to because people are already hyped for the game. "
    Oh, well, then what is that demo that is up?  The multiplayer Beta is already on my PS3 but Im also getting that.  It is just called Uncharted 2 Demo.
    Well, Sony better release a demo for my 60 bucks.  Had they put out a demo of Killzone 2 to everyone, not just preorders, then I would not have bought that piece of crap, but I bought into the hype and all the great reviews it got.
    CustardArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CustardArmy

been having some good fun with the multiplayer beta, especially the plunder mode. 

cant wait for the full game....
    JDM006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JDM006

I think the demo is pretty good.  Since its a third person multiplayer shooter it will draw a lot of comparisons to Gears of War.  I have to say that so far I prefer Uncharted 2's multiplayer to Gears of War.  I especially enjoy the platforming elements in Uncharted. I can climb walls, jump across gaps, and shoot while hanging from ledges.  The characters also feel more nimble.  In Gears of War the characters feel like walking tanks which is kind of bothersome when you're trying to quickly get away from an opponent in a team deathmatch.  I also like the maps in Uncharted.  The few maps in the demo were vibrant and full of color.

One problem I have with the demo is throwing grenades. To me holding L1 to aim while pressing L2 to toss the grenade is a little awkward.  I have to place my index finger on L1 and my middle finger on L2 and this just feels strange to me.  So far I have just been blindly throwing grenades by just tapping L2.  Also, aiming weapons at medium to long distances is kind of hit or miss.  It just doesn't feel as natural and easy as it should.  This is probably more of an issue I have with using the bulbous right analog stick on the Dualshock to aim.

However, I am looking forward to playing the full multiplayer game when its released.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I think the AK47 is way too inaccurate, it seems to be a little frustrating.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " I think the AK47 is way too inaccurate, it seems to be a little frustrating. "
    I think its better if you fire in bursts, but even then it's sort of a hit and miss.
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CowMuffins
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " I think the AK47 is way too inaccurate, it seems to be a little frustrating. "
    Wat.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @CowMuffins said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    Wat. "
    Granted, I never played. But when I was watching, it seemed that the AK47 was way too inaccurate, the other rifle though (M16?) was a lot more accurate. OR maybe you just suck at shooting guys.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Diamond

The AK47 strategy seems to be to get in fairly close and then just hold the button down when shooting someone.  That's the lesson I learned.

Other rifles are better long range, but you can't burst fire and win a close/med range fight.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CowMuffins
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @CowMuffins said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    Wat. "
    Granted, I never played. But when I was watching, it seemed that the AK47 was way too inaccurate, the other rifle though (M16?) was a lot more accurate. OR maybe you just suck at shooting guys. "
    Of course the FAL is going to be more accurate, it's not the default weapon. Everybody starts off with an AK47 that is full auto, you can pick up the more accurate FAL, but it has only burst fire.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TwoOneFive

excelent

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Andorski

I think the AK47 is inaccurate at far distances so that it, the FAL, and the M4 can differentiate themselves.  The AK is great up close, the FAL is great at far distances, and the M4 kinda stands in the middle.

shambles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By shambles

multiplayer is friggin awesome... im really suprised how good it turned out...  it is in no way "tacked on" ..
    it was kinda frustrating at first.. but once u figure out how to use the weapons and move around smoothly .. its friggin mad fun... 
    i also like the fact there is no mini map..  makes you rely on your surroundings rather than watching a minimap to see where the enemy is...  

ps.. the pistole is rules!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.