Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

I know it is a little soon, but Uncharted 3 'plot' speculation

Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Cub3

Number 2 just came out, fantastic game. The point of this thread, Uncharted 1 followed Nathan Drake as he tracked down Sir Francis Drakes treasure, Uncharted 2 has to do with Marco Polo. I was curious as to what everybody thought about any myths or historical stuff that would work well in Uncharted 3? I know the plot isn't exactly the most original thing, but with the characters and the way naughty dog writes these games, hell, the plots my favorite part. 

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Slippy

I'd like to see something to do with Norse mythology, which would see Drake travel across Scandanavia in search of Odin's magic spear or something, and perhaps visit Valhalla along the way. Or, set it around the Middle East and have you visit Iraq. Loads of artifacts and tombs there - including one of the old 7 wonders of the world, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon - which you could build a good story around. And it helps that there is a war going on, which could provide some exciting combat situations similar to the Nepalese city in Uncharted 2. Or better yet - EGYPT. I will be very surprised if Naughty Dog don't tackle deserts next. I can see the engine handling sand storms well.
    Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Daniel

Ark of the Covenant! Holy Grail! Oh my!

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MeierTheRed

Send Drake to find the Spear of Destiny. Also has nazi tie-ins like Uncharted 1 & 2 have.

MrMuise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrMuise

Drake sees a sexy tranny with aids and struggles to find a condom.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ververdan0226

He survives a nuclear explosion by hiding in a fridge? Oh wait, that's four... 

Well, obviously we have to meet his dad (I'm assuming you don't meet family in U2, correct? ... haven't played it yet).  :D

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Daniel

All I hope is that, at the end of the day, he heart-warmingly realizes that the truest of treasures is knowledge.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By mordukai
    @daniel said:
    " Ark of the Covenant! Holy Grail! Oh my! "
    I dont think you'll see drake going after the Ark of the Covenant because it will be just too close to the first Indiana Jones movie. Maybe the holy Grail, but didn't Lara Croft already did it?  

P.s - Who said the next game Naughty Dog works on will be uncharted 3. Maybe they'll work on the new Jak and Daxter game? 
    Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cub3
    @Mordukai said:
    " @daniel said:
    I dont think you'll see drake going after the Ark of the Covenant because it will be just too close to the first Indiana Jones movie. Maybe the holy Grail, but didn't Lara Croft already did it?   P.s - Who said the next game Naughty Dog works on will be uncharted 3. Maybe they'll work on the new Jak and Daxter game?  "
    I don't think anybody said that the next game will be Uncharted 3. But it's an inevitability that they one day will make one. Thats all thats being discussed.
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By warxsnake

Mars expedition

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By toowalrus

It's going to be a PS4 launch title... and it'll be a crossover with Crash Bandicoot.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By sjschmidt93

It'll just be Drake chasing another treasure....

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By zitosilva

I was wondering about one thing. Didn't they mention that whatever Marco Polo had in his ship, that he thought could bring great tragedy, was something other than the resin that made super-humans? Maybe it'll be something related  to that?

Or maybe I just didn't understood that passage very well, and they meant to say that Polo only took a little bit of the resin? I'm not sure.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By CowMuffins
    @daniel said:
    The whatever stone in Uncharted 2 is the Tibetan "Holy Grail" so...
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Diamond
    @Slippy said:
    I'd like to see something to do with Norse mythology, which would see Drake travel across Scandanavia in search of Odin's magic spear or something, and perhaps visit Valhalla along the way.
    So basically it'll be a remake of The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul?

@Slippy said:
    Or, set it around the Middle East and have you visit Iraq. Loads of artifacts and tombs there - including one of the old 7 wonders of the world, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon - which you could build a good story around.
    Oooh, how about something to do with the Tower of Babel, and how the internet & stuff like Babelfish are about the bring the end of civilization!  Better save that for the last Uncharted.

Anyways, I think Atlantis would make a good Uncharted destination, fits all the cues.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ryanwho

Something something crystal skull something.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Ket87

Uncharted 3 should show Drake before the adventures of Uncharted Drakes Fortune. There would be no Elena but it could explain how he knew Eddy Raja and Flynn, possibly even Chloe. The plot could easily involve any of the legends of South America since that seems to be Drakes base of operations. Although no supernatural twists because that would completely mess up the concept of zombies being unusual in the first game.

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Valames

I bet my girlfriend 10 bucks that the third game start with either Drake rescuing Elaina from a kidnapping, or vice versa.

Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cub3
    @Ket87 said:
    " Uncharted 3 should show Drake before the adventures of Uncharted Drakes Fortune. There would be no Elena but it could explain how he knew Eddy Raja and Flynn, possibly even Chloe. The plot could easily involve any of the legends of South America since that seems to be Drakes base of operations. Although no supernatural twists because that would completely mess up the concept of zombies being unusual in the first game. "
    That would be a good idea, but since they just announced that motion comic prequel, I dont think they would also make the next game a prequel... 

@Valames said:
    " I bet my girlfriend 10 bucks that the third game start with either Drake rescuing Elaina from a kidnapping, or vice versa. "
    Hah, yeah that's a near certainty 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.