Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

If Anybody Wants A Laugh

• 67 results
    gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By gearhead

If anybody wants to have a good laugh, look at the Gametrailers Uncharted 2 Review's comments. Basically, all the PS3 Fanboys have centered around the review for giving it a 9.3. Here's one of my favorite comments:  
    "GT fails at reviewing. I can't say anything about the game, because I haven't played it yet, but when a game, which has a 97 metacritic sore gets 9.3 and Halo 3 which has a 94 metacritic score gets 9.7 you know that something is wrong... I'm not a fanboy of any console, in fact I own both a 360 and a PS3 and I love 'em, but I can't help but notice time and time again that GT is just a bunch of 360 fanboys playing some games together and getting money for it...."

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

Fanboys in general are retarded.

DER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DER

yes, sony fanboys are the worst.

and all of them are bitching that there is "AH MEGAH SPOLAH!!111" in it.  I watched it, and not having played the first game, it isnt obvious (ie they dont say "so this douchebag turns on you").  im guessing it was a scene when a dude pointed a gun in the other dudes face.  

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Can we keep all the Uncharted 2 GT review stuff in one central thread somewhere...please?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422
    @DER said:

" yes, sony fanboys are the worst.  and all of them are bitching that there is "AH MEGAH SPOLAH!!111" in it.  I watched it, and not having played the first game, it isnt obvious (ie they dont say "so this douchebag turns on you).  im guessing it was a scene when a dude pointed a gun in the other dudes face.   "

All fanboys are incredibly terrible, but Ive actually noticed far more MS fanboys are far worse than Sony ones by a mile. At this point though, I would assume they are near identical in stupidity.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @pause422 said:
    " @DER said:
    " yes, sony fanboys are the worst.  and all of them are bitching that there is "AH MEGAH SPOLAH!!111" in it.  I watched it, and not having played the first game, it isnt obvious (ie they dont say "so this douchebag turns on you).  im guessing it was a scene when a dude pointed a gun in the other dudes face.   "
    All fanboys are incredibly terrible, but Ive actually noticed far more MS fanboys are far worse than Sony ones by a mile. "
    I think it's because they have MasterChief  who pretty much represents Microsoft.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By JJOR64

No Caption Provided
    MrMuise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrMuise

The reason why it would appear a dedicated following of one console is more defensive is because that console has sold more. The PS3 has, up until recently, been quite a bit more expensive than the 360 which leads to less people buying it simply because they can not afford to do so. Now that the PS3 and 360 are more in line with each other price wise both dedicated fan bases shall approach the same level of passion for their console of choice.

DER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DER

-@eroticfishcake said:

" @pause422 said:
    " @DER said:
    All fanboys are incredibly terrible, but Ive actually noticed far more MS fanboys are far worse than Sony ones by a mile. "
    I think it's because they have MasterChief  who pretty much represents Microsoft. "
    Your average Microsoft fanboy is a 8-12 year old kid that is immature, annoying, and had his mommy buy his xbox and every single fucking game he owns.
    Your average Sony fanboy is some punk in his late teens/early 20s who is asshurt because Fox news didn't cover the release of MGS4 on his superior system.

I really don't care because i don't play that much anymore, but Sony is worse.  
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Gearhead said:
    " If anybody wants to have a good laugh, look at the Gametrailers Uncharted 2 Review's comments. Basically, all the PS3 Fanboys have centered around the review for giving it a 9.3. Here's one of my favorite comments:   "GT fails at reviewing. I can't say anything about the game, because I haven't played it yet, but when a game, which has a 97 metacritic sore gets 9.3 and Halo 3 which has a 94 metacritic score gets 9.7 you know that something is wrong... I'm not a fanboy of any console, in fact I own both a 360 and a PS3 and I love 'em, but I can't help but notice time and time again that GT is just a bunch of 360 fanboys playing some games together and getting money for it...." "
    I don't see much wrong with that statement except for him mentioning that GT fails. I generally like GT's reviews, but I do find that they usually underrate PS3 games like MGS4 or Uncharted 2, while overrating some of the 360 games. My only real problem with the review was that what they were saying and what they gave it didn't correlate. With quotes like "one of the most polished games we'ver ever played" and "nothing like it on PS3" and "addicting polished multiplayer" you'd expect a much higher score.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#11  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

j_meyer_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By j_meyer_13
    @jakob187 said:
    " Can we keep all the Uncharted 2 GT review stuff in one central thread somewhere...please? "
    Preferably on GT.
    DER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DER
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @Gearhead said:
    " If anybody wants to have a good laugh, look at the Gametrailers Uncharted 2 Review's comments. Basically, all the PS3 Fanboys have centered around the review for giving it a 9.3. Here's one of my favorite comments:   "GT fails at reviewing. I can't say anything about the game, because I haven't played it yet, but when a game, which has a 97 metacritic sore gets 9.3 and Halo 3 which has a 94 metacritic score gets 9.7 you know that something is wrong... I'm not a fanboy of any console, in fact I own both a 360 and a PS3 and I love 'em, but I can't help but notice time and time again that GT is just a bunch of 360 fanboys playing some games together and getting money for it...." "
    I don't see much wrong with that statement except for him mentioning that GT fails. I generally like GT's reviews, but I do find that they usually underrate PS3 games like MGS4 or Uncharted 2, while overrating some of the 360 games. My only real problem with the review was that what they were saying and what they gave it didn't correlate. With quotes like "one of the most polished games we'ver ever played" and "nothing like it on PS3" and "addicting polished multiplayer" you'd expect a much higher score. "
    they also said "completely unoriginal"
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @DER said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    " @Gearhead said:
    I don't see much wrong with that statement except for him mentioning that GT fails. I generally like GT's reviews, but I do find that they usually underrate PS3 games like MGS4 or Uncharted 2, while overrating some of the 360 games. My only real problem with the review was that what they were saying and what they gave it didn't correlate. With quotes like "one of the most polished games we'ver ever played" and "nothing like it on PS3" and "addicting polished multiplayer" you'd expect a much higher score. "
    they also said "completely unoriginal" "
    There is rarely such a thing as originality in game development. Most "original games" are games that take concepts from other games, and mash them up well into something new. Uncharted has created something like that I'd say, since we've never really had a game that focuses on cover gameplay with a healthy mix of puzzle solving and platforming. That seems original enough to me.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @DER said:
    " yes, sony fanboys are the worst.  and all of them are bitching that there is "AH MEGAH SPOLAH!!111" in it.  I watched it, and not having played the first game, it isnt obvious (ie they dont say "so this douchebag turns on you").  im guessing it was a scene when a dude pointed a gun in the other dudes face.   "
    the worst? okay those fanboys are bad but how are you gonna say a sony fanboy is worse than a 360 fanboy? i can show everyone just as crazy stuff that fanboys say no matter what console they like the most
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TwoOneFive

i do think that this is more of a problem with a 100 point scale than it is with fanboys though. seriously, what makes one game worth 9.6 and another worth 9.3!?!!?!??!    
    DER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DER
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @DER said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    " @Gearhead said:
    There is rarely such a thing as originality in game development. Most "original games" are games that take concepts from other games, and mash them up well into something new. Uncharted has created something like that I'd say, since we've never really had a game that focuses on cover gameplay with a healthy mix of puzzle solving and platforming. That seems original enough to me. "
    Well you dont work at Gametrailers, so i don't see how saying you "think" the game is original helps your argument.  The point is that they felt it wasn't.  That is why they gave it a horrible, below average score of 9.3.

(hopefully your ability to identify tone has gotten better, and you detected the SARCASM is my reply) (=
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @DER said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    " @DER said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    " @Gearhead said:
    There is rarely such a thing as originality in game development. Most "original games" are games that take concepts from other games, and mash them up well into something new. Uncharted has created something like that I'd say, since we've never really had a game that focuses on cover gameplay with a healthy mix of puzzle solving and platforming. That seems original enough to me. "
    Well you dont work at Gametrailers, so i don't see how saying you "think" the game is original helps your argument.  The point is that they felt it wasn't.  That is why they gave it a horrible, below average score of 9.3.  (hopefully your ability to identify tone has gotten better, and you detected the SARCASM is my reply) (= "
    I have no argument in the first place, because it's not like it not getting perfect from any website is gonna sway my decision. And as for my sarcasm detection, I never had a problem with it, I just never read Dalai's thread, so from the first couple of sentences it seemed legit. Then I read the rest afterwards and realized that he was joking. Short answer: up and running.
    gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By gearhead
    @jakob187 said:
    " Can we keep all the Uncharted 2 GT review stuff in one central thread somewhere...please? "
    I was going to do that, but I didn't want this discussion to be passed up...
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By dbz1995

LOL OMFGZ UNCHARTED IS SIK N GT R BTCHES 4 GVIN THIS 9.3. MICROSOFT R SCHEMIN INSID AND THEY R GETTIN SENTINELS 2 KILL ALL PS3 OWNERS LOLOLOLOLOL. 73sssss and out.

DER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DER
    @LiquidPrince: 
     "My only real problem with the review was that what they were saying and what they gave it didn't correlate".  This was your argument.   
    You supported it by mentioning their praise for the game, while leaving out the fact that they said it was totally unoriginal about half a dozen times throughout the review.  

Then you tried to say that YOU felt the game was original, and i simply pointed out that how YOU felt about the game didn't support your argument above.  

Now here is a picture of a guy.

No Caption Provided
    spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By spankingaddict

i dont think hes a fanboy, he probably just hates halo 3...but its still dumb how hes arguing about a .4 deference in a score...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @DER said:
    " @LiquidPrince: 
     "My only real problem with the review was that what they were saying and what they gave it didn't correlate".  This was your argument.   
    You supported it by mentioning their praise for the game, while leaving out the fact that they said it was totally unoriginal about half a dozen times throughout the review.  

Then you tried to say that YOU felt the game was original, and i simply pointed out that how YOU felt about the game didn't support your argument above.  

Now here is a picture of a guy.

No Caption Provided
    "
    No, that was merely a comment regarding what I felt. My opinion. An argument implies that I'm challenging someone to disagree with me, while in reality I really don't care, because like I said, the score won't be differing me from my purchase, nor will any ones opinion on this board.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#24  Edited By Icemael
    @LiquidPrince: They gave it a 9.3. A fucking 9.3. And you expect a much higher score? It's not even possible to give it a much higher score. 

You see, raising the score by 0.7 points -- which is the most you could possibly raise it by -- doesn't make it "much higher". Well, maybe in the world of fanboys, but not in the world of reason. Raising it by 0.7 makes it "a little bit higher", or "slightly higher", or "a teensy bit higher". "Much higher" should never be applied when there difference is less than 2 points. 0.7 points is not 2 points. In fact, it's not even one point. 

So the next time a game receives a score of fucking 9.3 out of 10, could you please refrain from whining? The only thing it does is make you come off as a fanboy.
    DER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DER
    @LiquidPrince: 
    /sigh

you still dont realize the point, and I would rather leave this alone than wearing out my keyboard any further. 
    MetalR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MetalR
    @DER said:
    " @LiquidPrince:  /sigh  you still dont realize the point, and I would rather leave this alone than wearing out my keyboard any further.  "
    Okeeey!
    bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By bonbolapti

let's crank this review up o 11! 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Icemael: On a ten point scale .1 increments are a lot to me.

@DER:  Whatever you say there buddy...
    TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheGremp

Fanboys are so cute...  They think they're real people! Aaaaw.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Pibo47

Wow...who honestly gives a rats ass whats the games rated. Go get it if you want it. If you dont dont.

squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By squirtle_squad
    @bonbolapti:
    i lol'd so damn hard. thanks man!
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#32  Edited By Icemael
    @LiquidPrince: In that case, let me ask you something: Can you really see the difference between, for example, a 9.3 game and a 9.4 game? Could you swear it on your mother's grave? 

Because I can't. If you truly can, then I have no complaints. But you know what? I doubt you can. In fact, I seriously doubt anyone can. 

Now of course, 0.7 does make a noticeable difference, but it's still far from enough to justify the use of "much higher". Or whining, for that matter. 
    deadly_polo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deadly_polo

Isn't this why 100 point rating systems fail so badly, people argue over what two games are better when there are 4 points between them. This is indeed the reason Jeff used when he changed Gamespots rating system to a 20 point system (1's and 1/2's to 10), since that is stupid, and in reality you shouldn't consider Halo and Uncharted equal series, since they are not the same type of game: Uncharted is like Lara Croft; and Halo is like Killzone, there should be no cross comparison.

And yes, despite the fact I am aligned to sony, sony fanboys are the most annoying probably (or maybe PES fanboys).

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Icemael said:
    " @LiquidPrince: In that case, let me ask you something: Can you really see the difference between, for example, a 9.3 game and a 9.4 game? Could you swear it on your mother's grave? 

Because I can't. If you truly can, then I have no complaints. But you know what? I doubt you can. In fact, I seriously doubt anyone can. 

Now of course, 0.7 does make a noticeable difference, but it's still far from enough to justify the use of "much higher". Or whining, for that matter.  "
    @Icemael:  In all honesty, no I can't. But the point I'm trying to make is that gametrailers reviews really don't properly correlate what they're saying and the scores that they give. Maybe a 9.3 to a 9.4 is not really much but, pretty much anything more then .2 is, I feel a difference. When deciding to buy a game, you can look and see hmm, this game has a 88 and this a 90, or this has a 98 and this 100. You may not be able to see the differerence in the game, but it does influence your decision on some level subconsciously. It could also just be the fact that deep down I feel like the game deserves a bit higher score. I'm not hiding that fact. 

So basically what with all the praise they gave it, I expected a bit higher, but in reality, it makes no difference to the grand scheme of things.
    DER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DER
    @LiquidPrince said:

" @Icemael: On a ten point scale .1 increments are a lot to me.

@DER:  Whatever you say there buddy... "

Fuck it, if your going to be ignorant, I better go out with a bang.

You said "My only real problem with the review was that what they were saying and what they gave it didn't correlate".

You supported this statement  by quoting Gametrailers in their video review, i.e "one of the most polished games we'ver ever played" and "nothing like it on PS3" and "addicting polished multiplayer" , and made the statement that this praise and a 9.3 wasn't kosher (and whether your going keep pulling the "it was an opinion not an argument" crap is of no variable in this conversation).

I responded saying that you quoted only the positives of the review, and left out the fact Gametrailers said it was "totally unoriginal"

Rather than acknowledging this fact, you replyied saying YOU thought it was original and gave some examples why YOU thought it was.

IT DOES'T MATTER IF YOU FELT IT WAS ORIGINAL OR NOT, THE POINT IS THAT GAMETRAILERS DIDN"T, WHICH IMPACTED THEIR REVIEW SCORE OF THE GAME, WHICH IS SOMETHING YOU FAILED TO ACKNOWLEDGE IN YOUR REASONING FOR YOUR "OPINION".

If you reply to this in any sort of way that disagrees with any point I have made here, you are absent of common logic.
    yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By yetiantics

Oh GT. Anyone taking reviews in general with an upmost importance is basically asking for a FAIL sandwhich. 

Fail sandwhich, really? I need to go find me some new material.
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By Baillie

Jesus, I don't think anyone is having a laugh. Chill the FOOK out guys. 

BARDLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BARDLER

Go check out the forums. It is even funnier.

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Valames

I'll get this thread back on topic.... ahemmm...

L O L

Vecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Vecta

Dont worry guys, I'm sure all the sony fanboys will leave GT and not care about their opinions especially after GT apparently lost all credibility with their appalling MGS4 review, and then apparently still having enough credibility to lose it all over again with this Uncharted 2 review. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#41  Edited By Claude
    @dbz1995 said:
    " LOL OMFGZ UNCHARTED IS SIK N GT R BTCHES 4 GVIN THIS 9.3. MICROSOFT R SCHEMIN INSID AND THEY R GETTIN SENTINELS 2 KILL ALL PS3 OWNERS LOLOLOLOLOL. 73sssss and out. "
    Are you related to governmentcheese by chance? Just curious. 73sssss and out.
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By captain_clayman

as a former gametrailers member, i can tell you, that i fucking hate gametrailers forums, and i only went for the hd vids and this one guy had a blog about hot chicks.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @DER said: @DER:
    " @LiquidPrince said:

Fuck it, if your going to be ignorant, I better go out with a bang.  You said "My only real problem with the review was that what they were saying and what they gave it didn't correlate".  You supported this statement  by quoting Gametrailers in their video review, i.e "one of the most polished games we'ver ever played" and "nothing like it on PS3" and "addicting polished multiplayer" , and made the statement that this praise and a 9.3 wasn't kosher (and whether your going keep pulling the "it was an opinion not an argument" crap is of no variable in this conversation). I responded saying that you quoted only the positives of the review, and left out the fact Gametrailers said it was "totally unoriginal"  Rather than acknowledging this fact, you replyied saying YOU thought it was original and gave some examples why YOU thought it was.  IT DOES'T MATTER IF YOU FELT IT WAS ORIGINAL OR NOT, THE POINT IS THAT GAMETRAILERS DIDN"T, WHICH IMPACTED THEIR REVIEW SCORE OF THE GAME, WHICH IS SOMETHING YOU FAILED TO ACKNOWLEDGE IN YOUR REASONING FOR YOUR "OPINION". If you reply to this in any sort of way that disagrees with any point I have made here, you are absent of common logic. "
    There so much dumb in this post that I don't even know where to start. You seem to want to ignore the fact that what I said was an opinion so that you can TURN this discussion into an argument, where as I don't give a fuck what you think, nor even what Gametrailers thinks in the grand scheme of things. The line about it being unoriginal wasn't even considered negative given that the next line was "but it takes all those gameplay elements and puts them together with polish rarely unseen in games before." So that point is fucking moot. Moving on, yes it DOES FUCKING MATTER WHAT I THINK idiot, because like I said originally it was an opinion of mine, not meant to be argumentative. Gametrailers may not think that it was original but I did, hence the reason I said so, and then in a completely different point mentioned that their score doesn't correlate.
    Drank_Stank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Drank_Stank
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @DER said: @DER:
    " @LiquidPrince said:

Fuck it, if your going to be ignorant, I better go out with a bang.  You said "My only real problem with the review was that what they were saying and what they gave it didn't correlate".  You supported this statement  by quoting Gametrailers in their video review, i.e "one of the most polished games we'ver ever played" and "nothing like it on PS3" and "addicting polished multiplayer" , and made the statement that this praise and a 9.3 wasn't kosher (and whether your going keep pulling the "it was an opinion not an argument" crap is of no variable in this conversation). I responded saying that you quoted only the positives of the review, and left out the fact Gametrailers said it was "totally unoriginal"  Rather than acknowledging this fact, you replyied saying YOU thought it was original and gave some examples why YOU thought it was.  IT DOES'T MATTER IF YOU FELT IT WAS ORIGINAL OR NOT, THE POINT IS THAT GAMETRAILERS DIDN"T, WHICH IMPACTED THEIR REVIEW SCORE OF THE GAME, WHICH IS SOMETHING YOU FAILED TO ACKNOWLEDGE IN YOUR REASONING FOR YOUR "OPINION". If you reply to this in any sort of way that disagrees with any point I have made here, you are absent of common logic. "
    There so much dumb in this post that I don't even know where to start. You seem to want to ignore the fact that what I said was an opinion so that you can TURN this discussion into an argument, where as I don't give a fuck what you think, nor even what Gametrailers thinks in the grand scheme of things. The line about it being unoriginal wasn't even considered negative given that the next line was "but it takes all those gameplay elements and puts them together with polish rarely unseen in games before." So that point is fucking moot. Moving on, yes it DOES FUCKING MATTER WHAT I THINK idiot, because like I said originally it was an opinion of mine, not meant to be argumentative. Gametrailers may not think that it was original but I did, hence the reason I said so, and then in a completely different point mentioned that their score doesn't correlate. "
    Whether or not you felt the game was original doesn't change the opinion of GameTrailers.  They felt it brought nothing new to the table, just borrowed from games before it and highly polished those aspects.  This was portrayed as being a downside of the game (which makes sense as originality is a good thing) and therefore the game didn't get your 10/10.  If you can accept this fact one can see why GameTrailers didn't give it a perfect score.  Now go have fun with your blu-ray player. 
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Drank_Stank said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:

There so much dumb in this post that I don't even know where to start. You seem to want to ignore the fact that what I said was an opinion so that you can TURN this discussion into an argument, where as I don't give a fuck what you think, nor even what Gametrailers thinks in the grand scheme of things. The line about it being unoriginal wasn't even considered negative given that the next line was "but it takes all those gameplay elements and puts them together with polish rarely unseen in games before." So that point is fucking moot. Moving on, yes it DOES FUCKING MATTER WHAT I THINK idiot, because like I said originally it was an opinion of mine, not meant to be argumentative. Gametrailers may not think that it was original but I did, hence the reason I said so, and then in a completely different point mentioned that their score doesn't correlate. "
    Whether or not you felt the game was original doesn't change the opinion of GameTrailers.  They felt it brought nothing new to the table, just borrowed from games before it and highly polished those aspects.  This was portrayed as being a downside of the game (which makes sense as originality is a good thing) and therefore the game didn't get your 10/10.  If you can accept this fact one can see why GameTrailers didn't give it a perfect score.  Now go have fun with your blu-ray player.  "
    I never said it would. They are separate points. If anyone cared to actually read porperly you would have understood what I meant by now, rather then rehashing the same thing over and over again.
    Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Muttinus_Rump
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @Drank_Stank said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:

Whether or not you felt the game was original doesn't change the opinion of GameTrailers.  They felt it brought nothing new to the table, just borrowed from games before it and highly polished those aspects.  This was portrayed as being a downside of the game (which makes sense as originality is a good thing) and therefore the game didn't get your 10/10.  If you can accept this fact one can see why GameTrailers didn't give it a perfect score.  Now go have fun with your blu-ray player.  "
    I never said it would. They are separate points. If anyone cared to actually read porperly you would have understood what I meant by now, rather then rehashing the same thing over and over again. "
    Christ, you guys are ridiculous.
    Drank_Stank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Drank_Stank
    @LiquidPrince:  You still haven't acknowledged how unoriginal GameTrailers felt the game was, and therefore reasoning with you is pointless.
    If Gametrailers felt the game had more originality, they would have felt it was a better game, and would have given it a higher score.  Again, have fun with your Blu-ray player.   
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#48  Edited By natetodamax

The way I see it

Sony Fanboys: Aged 15-25. Examples - "Halo is teh sux." "Metal Gear Solid is the best video game ever created." "PS3 has superior graphics."
    Microsoft Fanboys: Aged 9-14. Examples - "Halo is teh best vidoe gmae every mades!" "Gearz is teh win, everythin on PS3 sucks penis." "Xbox has better graphics PS3 graphics suck!"
    Nintendo Fanboys: Aged 6-35. Examples - "........well, we have Mario, so shove that in your pipe and smoke it."

Drank_Stank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Drank_Stank
    @natetodamax said:
    " The way I see it  Sony Fanboys: Aged 15-25. Examples - "Halo is teh sux." "Metal Gear Solid is the best video game ever created." "PS3 has superior graphics."Microsoft Fanboys: Aged 9-14. Examples - "Halo is teh best vidoe gmae every mades!" "Gearz is teh win, everythin on PS3 sucks penis." "Xbox has better graphics PS3 graphics suck!" Nintendo Fanboys: Aged 6-35. Examples - "........well, we have Mario, so shove that in your pipe and smoke it." "
    and this is why i feel sony fanboys are worse than microsoft fanboys.  They are 20 year olds arguing with 12 year olds. 
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50  Edited By Karmum
    @DER said:
    " yes, sony fanboys are the worst.  and all of them are bitching that there is "AH MEGAH SPOLAH!!111" in it.  I watched it, and not having played the first game, it isnt obvious (ie they dont say "so this douchebag turns on you").  im guessing it was a scene when a dude pointed a gun in the other dudes face.   "
    A specific set of fanboys are the worst? That is like saying my crap is better than your crap.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.