Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Playing.. and it feels good (First impressions)

OhdK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OhdK

Who else has gotten a day 1 purchase?  

It feels strange to have read all those reviews and hype and finally get it. I keep waiting for the second coming.  

I hope these come in handy for somebody.

For now, though I can't explain what it is, I can say confidently that this game is far better than the original, even though it sometimes feels like "more of the same." Maybe it's because the gunplay is so much more satisfying.  Maybe it's because the graphics make me happy. It is undoubtedly a more polished experience, considering the nonexistent load times (except for one at the beginning) the smooth-as-silk transitions, stealth, and all around convenience and ease of play.

That said, there are some weird bugs. Twice already, I've encountered a show stopping bug where Nate gets stuck inside a piece of cover, only to have a grenade plop down right in front of him. All you can do is flail helplessly before he dies. 

The cover system is improved, but moving around corners is still a bit strange. 

What are other ppl's thoughts?

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By asurastrike
    @OhdK said:
    " Who else has gotten a day 1 purchase?    It feels strange to have read all those reviews and hype and finally get it. I keep waiting for the second coming.    I hope these come in handy for somebody.For now, though I can't explain what it is, I can say confidently that this game is far better than the original, even though it sometimes feels like "more of the same." Maybe it's because the gunplay is so much more satisfying.  Maybe it's because the graphics make me happy. It is undoubtedly a more polished experience, considering the nonexistent load times (except for one at the beginning) the smooth-as-silk transitions, stealth, and all around convenience and ease of play. That said, there are some weird bugs. Twice already, I've encountered a show stopping bug where Nate gets stuck inside a piece of cover, only to have a grenade plop down right in front of him. All you can do is flail helplessly before he dies.   The cover system is improved, but moving around corners is still a bit strange.   What are other ppl's thoughts? "
    Everything about the game is better than the first. I'm on Chapter 12, playing it on Hard, and I had to force myself to take a break.
    thefreshmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By thefreshmaker

I'm up to chapter 13, I really love it so far.  

Its been an intense experience, and it was incredibly hard to pull myself away from it, the game has incredible pacing.  There have been a multitude really exciting moments that have literally sent my heart racing, and this happens on a regular basis!

The only part that missed a beat was the stealth chapter near the very beginning, like many reviews have already said--it doesn't fit in with the rest of the game and can be a bit frustrating.

Other than that, its been absolutely amazing thus far.

OhdK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By OhdK

No one else got that crazy stuck-in-the-wall bug?

Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Cub3

I got it last night, Im in chapter 16 now, and I can't say i've encountered that stuck-in-the-wall bug either. Ive actually been quite shocked that as of yet I havent had a glitch 1 give me a problem.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By FrankCanada97

How many chapters are there?

Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Cub3

I heard 26, but I haven't gotten to that point personally yet so take that with a grain of salt.

Avatar image for electricboogaloo
    ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ElectricBoogaloo

Got my copy today - two days early in the UK, booyah - and I've played about an hour so far, upto chapter 5. 

I'm enjoying it so far. It has one of the best beginnings to a game in recent memory, and the combat is much improved. Stealth kills are awesome, and the gunplay feels a lot tighter, and guys actually go down after a few shots rather than about ten. Obviously it looks fantastic as well, and I'm actually finding the cutscenes really fun, when normally I'd just want to get back to the action.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Kohe321

I can't wait to get my copy. Seeing Brad's enthusiasm about it in the video review speaks for itself, the game looks unbelievable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.