Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

So I'm Told Uncharted 2 Is Rather Good.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Edited By MachoFantastico

SO I'M TOLD UNCHARTED 2 IS RATHER GOOD.

Drake's latest adventure looks to be one of the finest yet.
    We are now in the month of October, which means we are set for some big game releases. From the heavy metal adventures in Brutal Legend to the massive racing simulation that is Forza Motorsport 3 and while most folks might want to talk about November and the obvious release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. My personal release of the year is merely two weeks away. I've spoken often in past blogs of my love for the original Uncharted game, yes it had it's flaws and yes it was to linear for some folks (though I'm personal sick of sand boxed open ended games). But the original Uncharted was and still is one of the most enjoyable action adventure games on any console, so to hear that the developers have made an even better game excites me greatly.  

Now I've been spending a lot of my time in the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta and have been really digging it. Like many of you, my original thoughts on hearing that multiplayer was being added to the game left me with the feeling that developers Naughty Dog would simply slam a multiplayer mode in there without much care. I could not have been more wrong, I suspect some of you reading this may have already experienced the beta, so I shan't talk about it in any great degree, but all I'll say is that I can happily see myself spending weeks playing online. But, and this is quite the but. I also believe that your average Uncharted: Drake's Fortune fan isn't looking for a multiplayer experience. There looking for the same sort of mix between story and action that the original produced so well, with of course some gameplay and technical improvements.  

What as surprised me slightly, is the early reception the game seems to be getting. While I will happily check out a review or two, just to make sure there are no nasty surprises when I purchase a game, I usually don't allow reviews to choose if I am to buy a game or not. But despite the fact that I've had Uncharted 2: Among Thieves preordered for over four months now, I couldn't resist checking out a few of the reviews and even I was somewhat shocked. On average the original Uncharted game receive a score of 88 (8.8), while it seems many a reviewer are falling head over heels for the sequel. One only as to check Metacritic to see how well the game being received by the media. Now I don't wish to start an argument about how Metacritic is false, or how it's biased or any of that garbage. But I do want to point out the scores, scores that come from some well respected media outlets. Hell, even Eurogamer gave it a 10/10 so it must be something special.  

The beautiful Elena Fisher, of whom I slightly have an odd virtual crush on. Is that weird?  
      The beautiful Elena Fisher, of whom I slightly have an odd virtual crush on. Is that weird?  
    In two weeks time, the normal folk (meaning you and I) will get our own chance to experience this critically acclaimed title, and I can't deny my excitement is building. This was one of those games that was always going to be high on my 'Must-Buy' list this year and is without a doubt one of the most exciting games to hit the Playstation 3 yet. But with so many other titles being delayed till 2010 and the recent PS3 Slim being launched, hopefully it'll mean that many more folks will get to experience this action packed adventure. I know a number of friends who have chosen to pick up the original and play through that before touching the sequel, it's not a must but something I defiantly recommend. Especially considering what a great game it is.  

I to shall be playing through the original again in the next week or so, it will actually be the seventh time I've played Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, that itself speaks volumes I think. Of course you'll get your haters, sadly fanboys and fangirls still surround gaming and they will never truly go away. But as a game, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves could become that killer app for the Playstation 3, something the console as been somewhat lacking lately. As good a game as Killzone 2 was, it never became the key title Sony were hoping it would and LittleBigPlanet was maybe to unique to please the large mixed Playstation crowd. So maybe this latest Nathan Drake adventure could be that killer game. The original Uncharted defiantly showed me the great potential the system had when in the right hands, hopefully Among Thieves will prove that potential.  

I'm pretty sure that at one point in the next two weeks I'll be discussing this game further, there's a lot I have on my mind and I'm itching to experience it. It already seems an early candidate for Game of the Year if the Gaming media is anything to go by, but I shall wait and see. Whatever they say, I am rather confident that I'll quite enjoy being Among Thieves, considering how much I loved the original. Plus I yet again push forward my belief that Nathan Drake is the videogame figure of today, yes there are many wonderful characters in gaming, but none quite as likeable and 'human' as Drake. You can choose to disagree, that's your choice after all. But when we look towards the future of how videogames must portray emotion and human likeness, we will all look back to Nathan Drake and clearly see where it all began.   

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is released on the 13th October (NA) and 16th October (EU).  

Thanks for Reading! 
    Follow me on Twitter (JosephBayliss). 

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

SO I'M TOLD UNCHARTED 2 IS RATHER GOOD.

We are now in the month of October, which means we are set for some big game releases. From the heavy metal adventures in Brutal Legend to the massive racing simulation that is Forza Motorsport 3 and while most folks might want to talk about November and the obvious release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. My personal release of the year is merely two weeks away. I've spoken often in past blogs of my love for the original Uncharted game, yes it had it's flaws and yes it was to linear for some folks (though I'm personal sick of sand boxed open ended games). But the original Uncharted was and still is one of the most enjoyable action adventure games on any console, so to hear that the developers have made an even better game excites me greatly.  

Now I've been spending a lot of my time in the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta and have been really digging it. Like many of you, my original thoughts on hearing that multiplayer was being added to the game left me with the feeling that developers Naughty Dog would simply slam a multiplayer mode in there without much care. I could not have been more wrong, I suspect some of you reading this may have already experienced the beta, so I shan't talk about it in any great degree, but all I'll say is that I can happily see myself spending weeks playing online. But, and this is quite the but. I also believe that your average Uncharted: Drake's Fortune fan isn't looking for a multiplayer experience. There looking for the same sort of mix between story and action that the original produced so well, with of course some gameplay and technical improvements.  

What as surprised me slightly, is the early reception the game seems to be getting. While I will happily check out a review or two, just to make sure there are no nasty surprises when I purchase a game, I usually don't allow reviews to choose if I am to buy a game or not. But despite the fact that I've had Uncharted 2: Among Thieves preordered for over four months now, I couldn't resist checking out a few of the reviews and even I was somewhat shocked. On average the original Uncharted game receive a score of 88 (8.8), while it seems many a reviewer are falling head over heels for the sequel. One only as to check Metacritic to see how well the game being received by the media. Now I don't wish to start an argument about how Metacritic is false, or how it's biased or any of that garbage. But I do want to point out the scores, scores that come from some well respected media outlets. Hell, even Eurogamer gave it a 10/10 so it must be something special.  

In two weeks time, the normal folk (meaning you and I) will get our own chance to experience this critically acclaimed title, and I can't deny my excitement is building. This was one of those games that was always going to be high on my 'Must-Buy' list this year and is without a doubt one of the most exciting games to hit the Playstation 3 yet. But with so many other titles being delayed till 2010 and the recent PS3 Slim being launched, hopefully it'll mean that many more folks will get to experience this action packed adventure. I know a number of friends who have chosen to pick up the original and play through that before touching the sequel, it's not a must but something I defiantly recommend. Especially considering what a great game it is.  

I to shall be playing through the original again in the next week or so, it will actually be the seventh time I've played Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, that itself speaks volumes I think. Of course you'll get your haters, sadly fanboys and fangirls still surround gaming and they will never truly go away. But as a game, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves could become that killer app for the Playstation 3, something the console as been somewhat lacking lately. As good a game as Killzone 2 was, it never became the key title Sony were hoping it would and LittleBigPlanet was maybe to unique to please the large mixed Playstation crowd. So maybe this latest Nathan Drake adventure could be that killer game. The original Uncharted defiantly showed me the great potential the system had when in the right hands, hopefully Among Thieves will prove that potential.  

I'm pretty sure that at one point in the next two weeks I'll be discussing this game further, there's a lot I have on my mind and I'm itching to experience it. It already seems an early candidate for Game of the Year if the Gaming media is anything to go by, but I shall wait and see. Whatever they say, I am rather confident that I'll quite enjoy being Among Thieves, considering how much I loved the original. Plus I yet again push forward my belief that Nathan Drake is the videogame figure of today, yes there are many wonderful characters in gaming, but none quite as likeable and 'human' as Drake. You can choose to disagree, that's your choice after all. But when we look towards the future of how videogames must portray emotion and human likeness, we will all look back to Nathan Drake and clearly see where it all began.   

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is released on the 13th October (NA) and 16th October (EU).  

Thanks for Reading! 
    Follow me on Twitter (JosephBayliss). 

Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Cub3

I just want to say this is really well written. I myself am a terrible writer and can't really seem to find words to explain what I want to say. Reading posts like this are not only helpful towards me, its just a very entertaining read.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

This is definatley going to be winning alot of GOTY awards, to which it deserves i'll bet anywhoo xD
    xAbleAssassinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By xAbleAssassinx

Hey man, a year and a half ago i started a gaming blog, it ain't too huge or anything, just me putting my stuff out there, hope to write professionally at some point. Read this and really liked your writing style, reminded me of mine. There's a bunch of people out there who already check it regularly. I've already got a few other people involved, they've written a few bits and pieces.  

Was wandering if you'd be interesting to contributing to the blog. You could post news, reviews, and anything relating to games really. Your opinions on whats happening in the industry, anything. Would be unpaid, no pressure, just something to do in your spare time whenever you felt like it, maybe another place to post the blogs you already write, to help boost the output I make on the blog alone. Your name would be on every post you made. The blog will only get as much attention as you put it out there.  

If interested email me.  At the moment the blogs pretty small, and i haven't been paying it the attention i should have recently, but check it out. Let me know what you think. I'm a bit lazy so I have half finished reviews of inFamous, Beatles Rock Band, Kilzone 2 and Fight Night Round 4 on my computer waiting to be done lol.

Little Big Planet Review

Mirror's Edge Review  

Skate 2 Review 

Blog - Our Misspent Youth

Email Address: walker_023@hotmail.co.uk 

P.s I'm a fellow brit, live in london, but don't agree too much with your taste in football team :P       

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.