Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Sony Messed up the PS3 box art

• 109 results
    Scorpinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Scorpinox
    @Kamasama said:

" @TheHBK: I don't care for Rico either, but Drake is almost surely more man than you are. "

^ I agree.Who is the topic creator to call Nathan Drake a bitch when he throws a fit over something on an empty box that I care so little about that I failed to notice it until now? I mean,come on,the spiderman text "Playstation 3" is gone!? Get over it!!! I care about the actual box art as in the game image on the front,more than I give a flying fuckhole about some unimportant text removed from the very far left side of the box.Nathan Drake spends his days kicking ass and exploring places you can only dream to see someday,and YOU spend your days crying like a bitch about the removal of spiderman text. 

And for your your question,I do have both the original and new style for Uncharted 2...but the original style is the empty display box with "Reserve now..." on it.I could send you it so you stop crying about your loss of spiderman text,but I predict you will just then complain about the "Reserve now" thing on the box.So,I think I'll just keep it and remember the manner of bitches like you having the nerve to insult Nathan Drake. 

And if you truly see Nathan Drake as a bitch then why buy the game? It doesn't affect gameplay,but he's the core of the cutscenes,the only playable character in the single player,and there's alot of cutscenes for you to see him in.Most people don't play games in which case they think the main character is a bitch or something similar,unless of course they see bitch as a good thing.
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#102  Edited By Griddler
    @ZeForgotten: Just how tempted are you to sell that thing?
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By zeforgotten
    @girdz: When money become a problem, very tempted. 
    But I would just feel dumb selling it, sure it's a lot of money. But it's the first time something is actually "Limited" in my eyes. 
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Griddler
    @ZeForgotten: Yeah, I don't think you should sell it. I bet many people on this website (me included!) would kill for that box.
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By zeforgotten
    @girdz: So what you're saying is, that I shouldn't give you guys my adress and tell you people my daily rutine and where I am and what roads I use :P  
    Got it
    Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The UK version doesn't have the PSN bar at the top but felt it needed a slightly annoying circular icon (and furthermore it's printed, not a sticker) in the middle of the boxart, it kinda spoils it somewhat, but all is forgiven when you take the disc out of the box and play it. 

google hasn't thrown up any images of it yet, and I cba to take a photo of my copy....

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Griddler
    @ZeForgotten: Well I wouldn't suggest that either way but, yeah.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#108  Edited By TheHBK
    @Willy105 said:
    " The new boxart is better in every way than the last one.

But it's stupid doing it halfway thru a generation.

@wackojackman said:
    " silly idea to start a whole forum moaning about ... box art... i predict a lot of banter and insults coming your way "
    What? Box art is a very important part of the game! It directly determines sales, and it is the last thing you see before buying the game, and manipulates your mood from the walk from the shelves to the counter. A good boxart will make you happy, but a bad box art would make you have second thoughts on buying it.  Not only that, box arts are the main way of telling what a game is about to the majority of the gaming populace. If you can't tell what the game is about, and if you don't like it, chances are, there is no way you are going to buy it short of going online and seeing what the game is about (which is very hard to do, and only a very very small amount of people do). "
    Very well said.  How did any of us buy games before the internet?  I sure as hell didn't have money to subscribe to magazines as a kid.  I was only a fan of the ninja turtles and when I saw this as a kid, i knew this game would be the shit. 

No Caption Provided
    So today, you would think I need to get uncharted because it is a good game, but imagine if on the box you just saw Drake sitting in a chair, drinking a beer like at the beginning of the game?  You would at least think about it.  The way games are present are an important part of the game business, hence why people do it and put a lot of time into it.  Just like how they put time and money into making sure they get a good title.
    You guys might like to sound snappy saying, who gives a fuck, but a lot of people do give a fuck.  Otherwise, we might as well buy games from a yellow sleeve a la gamestop and be done with it.  Hell, even arcade and PSN games have "box" art.
    Bolduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#109  Edited By Bolduk
    @TheHBK said:

" @Willy105 said:

" The new boxart is better in every way than the last one.

But it's stupid doing it halfway thru a generation.

@wackojackman said:
    " silly idea to start a whole forum moaning about ... box art... i predict a lot of banter and insults coming your way "
    What? Box art is a very important part of the game! It directly determines sales, and it is the last thing you see before buying the game, and manipulates your mood from the walk from the shelves to the counter. A good boxart will make you happy, but a bad box art would make you have second thoughts on buying it.  Not only that, box arts are the main way of telling what a game is about to the majority of the gaming populace. If you can't tell what the game is about, and if you don't like it, chances are, there is no way you are going to buy it short of going online and seeing what the game is about (which is very hard to do, and only a very very small amount of people do). "
    Very well said.  How did any of us buy games before the internet?  I sure as hell didn't have money to subscribe to magazines as a kid.  I was only a fan of the ninja turtles and when I saw this as a kid, i knew this game would be the shit. 

No Caption Provided
    So today, you would think I need to get uncharted because it is a good game, but imagine if on the box you just saw Drake sitting in a chair, drinking a beer like at the beginning of the game?  You would at least think about it.  The way games are present are an important part of the game business, hence why people do it and put a lot of time into it.  Just like how they put time and money into making sure they get a good title. You guys might like to sound snappy saying, who gives a fuck, but a lot of people do give a fuck.  Otherwise, we might as well buy games from a yellow sleeve a la gamestop and be done with it.  Hell, even arcade and PSN games have "box" art. "
    Well said! I remember when I was a child and went to buy or rent games, the box art was all I had to imagine if I would like it or not. Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 64 was one of those. And I still play it, so I can guess how important it is for some people and casual gamers who don't necessarily browse the gaming websites for reviews.

(sorry for quoting the image too, but I couldn't delete it...)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.