Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is $56.99 at amazom.com

#1 Posted by iamtirrrred (115 posts) -

Should I get it?

  Should I get it? 
#2 Posted by TheFreshmaker (132 posts) -

Amazon seems to be doing that 3 dollar discount for every new game these days... so the price is nothing special.
 
Nevertheless: yes, yes you should.

#3 Posted by TheHBK (5607 posts) -

yup, price is not special.  Its their way of getting people to buy since you have to pay for shipping.  So is getting it a few days after you pay for it worth it for a few dollars off?  I dont think you pay tax so I guess thats a benefit.

#4 Edited by SJSchmidt93 (4904 posts) -

Nothing is the same price as everywhere else on Amazon. 
 
@TheHBK said:

" yup, price is not special.  Its their way of getting people to buy since you have to pay for shipping.  So is getting it a few days after you pay for it worth it for a few dollars off?  I dont think you pay tax so I guess thats a benefit. "
Anything over $25 on Amazon is free shipping.
#5 Posted by LiquidPrince (16297 posts) -

Yes.

#6 Posted by TheFreshmaker (132 posts) -
@TheHBK said:
" yup, price is not special.  Its their way of getting people to buy since you have to pay for shipping.  So is getting it a few days after you pay for it worth it for a few dollars off?  I dont think you pay tax so I guess thats a benefit. "
Dude, for pre-orders, Amazon has Release Day Shipping.  I wake up, step outside my door, pick up Uncharted 2, and pop it in.
#7 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4904 posts) -
@TheFreshmaker said:
" @TheHBK said:
" yup, price is not special.  Its their way of getting people to buy since you have to pay for shipping.  So is getting it a few days after you pay for it worth it for a few dollars off?  I dont think you pay tax so I guess thats a benefit. "
Dude, for pre-orders, Amazon has Release Day Shipping.  I wake up, step outside my door, pick up Uncharted 2, and pop it in. "
Really? I thought that meant they shipped it on the release date, it's there on the release date?  
 
I may start doing that. =)
#8 Posted by TheFreshmaker (132 posts) -
@SJSchmidt93:   Yeah, its fantastic.  And  the shipping cost is pretty much the same as standard shipping. 
#9 Posted by zombie2011 (5135 posts) -
@iamtirrrred:  were you really not going to get it until you saw a $3 discount?
#10 Posted by nate64 (30 posts) -

I pre-ordered it at Best Buy cause you get those golden guns. Pre-ordering at Amazon just gets you the stupid treasure map thing that you could probably find on the internet within a day of it coming out.

#11 Posted by iamtirrrred (115 posts) -
@zombie2011 said:

" @iamtirrrred:  were you really not going to get it until you saw a $3 discount? "

The Price is nothing… I was still just thinking about getting it or not. So I wanted to have peoples opinion. 

  

#12 Posted by Peacemaker (1107 posts) -

I traded in some games on amazon so I have about 50 bucks in credit, and I have an ECA 10% off coupon AND it's guaranteed at my house on release day.  I'm getting it on amazon I know that much.  With all the crazy positive reviews I don't see why you wouldn't get the game anyway.

#13 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I'm waiting for the ECA coupons to come back.  Sucks that some bastards tried taking advantage of the system.
 
$3 off + 10% off + release day shipping costs = better than Gamestop

#14 Edited by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -

I haven't heard of amazom.com, but I have heard of amazon.com.


#15 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

The price is not a big deal but, dude, get it. I am trying to preorder it now....I just need a little thing called money. :(

#16 Posted by iamtirrrred (115 posts) -
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" I haven't heard of amazom.com, but I have heard of amazon.com.


"
I can't change it. So 'oh well'!  I don't care. You know what I mint.
#17 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -
@iamtirrrred said:
" @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" I haven't heard of amazom.com, but I have heard of amazon.com.


"
I can't change it. So 'oh well'!  I don't care. You know what I mint. "
I didn't know what you mint, but I know what you meant.
#18 Posted by juice8367 (450 posts) -

the preorder bonus seems pretty cool too.

#19 Posted by iamtirrrred (115 posts) -
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" @iamtirrrred said:
" @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" I haven't heard of amazom.com, but I have heard of amazon.com.


"
I can't change it. So 'oh well'!  I don't care. You know what I mint. "
I didn't know what you mint, but I know what you meant. "
LOL! That is all I have to say. LOL!
#20 Posted by Peacemaker (1107 posts) -
@Diamond said:
" I'm waiting for the ECA coupons to come back.  Sucks that some bastards tried taking advantage of the system.  $3 off + 10% off + release day shipping costs = better than Gamestop "
Yeah, I'm hoping it's back up soon I want to order my copy with street date guarantee. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.