Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

wefwfgetthrh

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By adoggz

dbrnghntbvrgbet

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By adoggz

When I first started playing Uncharted 2 I didn't like it that much. I really wasn't that impressed with the story. I didn't really care about Drake or the shit he was doing ,I mean come on of coarse the evil British person is going to betray you. I really disliked Chloe and I wasn't impressed with the other characters ether. Although, I didn't mind the evil british dude. He is evil and British and that is ok by me. Also, I didn't think it looked especially good, I wasn't impressed with ether the graphics or the animations. I didn't find the shooting wasn't fun. Nether was the platforming it was a whole bunch of bullshit. I... I just didn't think the game was good. 
               Boy I was wrong. I'm having a hell of a fun time with the multiplayer. The platforming is fun, the shooting is great. The animations are fluid and awesome. It looks fucking amazing. I especially love the water and the snow. Oh god the snow, its just so good.

Look at that. Its ,like, snow bitch.  
     Look at that. Its ,like, snow bitch.  

and Elena's my girl. She is just great.
     The best.
     The best.
    So I just want to apologize for think so many wrong things about you Uncharted 2. You are a great game and worthy of the prase you get. I hope your little brother is even better.
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I enjoyed single player more

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Loved every part of it. Only stopped playing the multiplayer because I lost the disc ='(

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

Did you play Uncharted 1? I can't imagine anyone who played Uncharted 1 and knew the characters wouldn't enjoy Uncharted 2.

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By markini6

I'm sorry to say that its "little brother" isn't better and doesn't have multiplayer, which is what you seem to enjoy the most.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By yakov456

I was just playing it today trying to go through it again on hard and realizing that this may be one of the greatest single player experiences I have ever had. It's a masterpiece.

borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By borodin

Wait what? Everything you originally didn't like/didn't think was great, you now like and think is great? Were you drunk the first time you played it or something? 

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By captain_clayman

how is the game completely the opposite in multiplayer? 

it plays the same way...and has the same graphics and animations.  i can maybe understand not liking the story if you havent played the first one, but your opinions on the graphics and animations make no sense.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By RVonE

I don't... I... What?
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jack268

I thought Uncharted 1 was a chore to finish once fucking  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.

showed up and fucked it all up. Uncharted 2 on the other hand has been great so far(I'm about halfway through), but I heard rumors on the internets that the ending is quite lame in this game too. But so far it's been better in every aspect.
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By SpiralStairs

I hated Chloe from the moment she opened her mouth. Elena's OK though.

I think Uncharted 2 is massively overrated though. Other than its graphics, there's nothing outstanding about it. It's a pretty average game.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RE_Player1
    @SpiralStairs said:
    " I hated Chloe from the moment she opened her mouth. Elena's OK though.  I think Uncharted 2 is massively overrated though. Other than its graphics, there's nothing outstanding about it. It's a pretty average game. "
    Average... 
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I liked the first playthrough, not the second one at all because there is no suprise. Mulitplayer is okay, I only played it twice for the demo. Now the game will sit on the shelf, wait the disc is right next to my mouse, how did it get there? Whatever.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @SpiralStairs: It's called taste.  I wouldn't call it average.
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " @SpiralStairs said:
    " I hated Chloe from the moment she opened her mouth. Elena's OK though.  I think Uncharted 2 is massively overrated though. Other than its graphics, there's nothing outstanding about it. It's a pretty average game. "
    Average...  "
    Yup. The shooting's not bad but there are much better shooting games. Same goes for the platforming. At least the two gameplay styles allow for some variety, but it doesn't deserve all the perfect scores it got.
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @SpiralStairs: That depends on the amount of enjoyment.  I give it 8 but others that reviewed it gave it 10 because they enjoyed it more.
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @SethPhotopoulos: Yeah, that's what I mean. It's a good game, but it didn't blow me away like most reviewers claimed it would.
    thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thedj93
    @SpiralStairs: Well the thing people liked about it was it's incredible polish more than anything else. Nothing about it was worth complaining about, really. And I thought the acrobatics in the game brought a verticality to the game's shooting that games like gears or whatever else.
    Also i thought the pace was outstanding. I had to will myself to take breaks, instead of where with most games i get tired after a couple hours.
    So uh.
    I liked it
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @SpiralStairs: That doesn't make it overrated.  That just means you like it less.
    habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By habster3
    @markini6 said:
    "I'm sorry to say that its "little brother" isn't better and doesn't have multiplayer, which is what you seem to enjoy the most. "
    By little brother, I think he meant the third installment; Uncharted 1 is Uncharted 2's big brother.
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @SpiralStairs: I'm sorry if this also makes me sound like a fanboy.
    markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By markini6
    @SpiralStairs: I think it got such high scores because of the sheer quality of the experience. Yes, other games have better shooting and better platforming, but it combined the two to great effect, had very nice graphics and top notch voice acting. The story wasn't anything that hasn't been done before, but (with the exception of the supernatural elements) it was handled well, genuinely interesting and few games in the same genre can boast a story that's on par with it. Overall, it was the quality of all of its pieces coming together that garnered the game the reviews scores that it received.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By bed
    @Abyssfull said:
    " Loved every part of it. Only stopped playing the multiplayer because I lost the disc ='( "
    you WHAT?! 
    markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By markini6
    @habster3: D'oh! It was the numbers that confused me :)
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RE_Player1
    @SpiralStairs said:
    " @RE_Player92 said:
    " @SpiralStairs said:
    Average...  "
    Yup. The shooting's not bad but there are much better shooting games. Same goes for the platforming. At least the two gameplay styles allow for some variety, but it doesn't deserve all the perfect scores it got. "
    Well it does deserve those perfect scores because the people who gave it those scores thought it was perfect or near perfect. If you disagree why don't you write a review on Giantbomb? I would love to read your thoughts laid out in a review format, just a suggestion. 
    adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By adoggz
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " Did you play Uncharted 1? I can't imagine anyone who played Uncharted 1 and knew the characters wouldn't enjoy Uncharted 2. "
    not really, only got to play a bit of it.

@borodin said:
    " Wait what? Everything you originally didn't like/didn't think was great, you now like and think is great? Were you drunk the first time you played it or something?  "
    hmm I don't really know, maybe I was in a sour mood? Maybe I didn't want to give it a chance? I don't really know, all I knows is that I like it now.

@captain_clayman said:
    " how is the game completely the opposite in multiplayer?  it plays the same way...and has the same graphics and animations.  i can maybe understand not liking the story if you havent played the first one, but your opinions on the graphics and animations make no sense. "
      It's not, I just didn't like it before. I feel the single player is great too.

@RVonE said:
    " I don't... I... What? "
    huh? I don't want you to be confused, let me help... .. .

@habster3 said:
    " @markini6 said:
    "I'm sorry to say that its "little brother" isn't better and doesn't have multiplayer, which is what you seem to enjoy the most. "
    By little brother, I think he meant the third installment; Uncharted 1 is Uncharted 2's big brother. "
    yeah Uncharted 3 from momma Naughty Dog and papa Sony whose big brother is Uncharted 1 and even bigger brothers the Jaks games and even bigger brothers the Crash games and so on
    adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By adoggz
    @markini6 said:
    " @SpiralStairs: I think it got such high scores because of the sheer quality of the experience. Yes, other games have better shooting and better platforming, but it combined the two to great effect, had very nice graphics and top notch voice acting. The story wasn't anything that hasn't been done before, but (with the exception of the supernatural elements) it was handled well, genuinely interesting and few games in the same genre can boast a story that's on par with it. Overall, it was the quality of all of its pieces coming together that garnered the game the reviews scores that it received. "
    I think thats it. I wasn't seeing uncharted as a whole I was only seeing each piece individually. you are a genius markini the 6th, king of hedgehogs and owner of all the rings.
    borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By borodin
    @adoggz: Hmm well I guess as long as it wasn't money wasted and you're enjoying it now, all's well!
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SpiralStairs

I guess writing a review would be a good idea.

Although I'm never pleased with my own writing, and every time I try to write a review I end up quitting halfway :3

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @SpiralStairs: I'm sorry if this also makes me sound like a fanboy. "
    Nah, I understand you trying to defend something you like. 

I'd probably do the same thing.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#31  Edited By Yummylee
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    " Loved every part of it. Only stopped playing the multiplayer because I lost the disc ='( "
    you WHAT?!  "
    WHAT?? WHAT DID I DO?!? Oh right yeah.... I know. It pains me a little more every day.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By c1337us
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " I enjoyed single player more "
    Me too.
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#33  Edited By jacksukeru

I've seen the first part of the single player three times. First I played it, then a friend played up to that point, then I didn't play it for so long so when I finally went back to it I wanted to start from the beginning again. 
    I think I'm at like chapter 6 or 7 which is the furthest I've gotten, but now I haven't played it for over a month again.

I also disliked Chloe a lot and didn't give much of a crap about the story in general, so there's that. I have been meaning to play more of it, 'cause it is really well made and everything, and I'm sure the later parts with helicopters and trains or whatever is going to be amazing. I'm just not feeling it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.