Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Uncharted 2 DLC in the works

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/09/26/uncharted-2-dlc-in-the-works/     

Awesome as can be 8)....though kind ofa shame to see naughty dog too following this annoying trend of developing the DLC along with the full game instead of just having it all together =/ But not like Uncharted 2 will have any lack of content =D 

Hasn't been specified what the DLC will contain, but i doubt it'll garner any gobsmacks if it multiplayer focused. To which with a strong multiplayer feature like Uncharted 2's....thats exactly what I'm hoping for.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Why is it assumed that if there is DLC coming, then the main release has in some way been gimped?

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Valames

They have already stated in that transcript someone posted in another thread that DLC will be MP focused for the first few. But with as much variety is already in the demo, and as much as they say we haven't seen yet, there probably wont be any released for a while. So the fact that they are working on it now could still mean that it is a ways off.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yummylee
    @LiquidPrince:
    gimped?
    Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ket87

I think its good that while the game development was winding down they started working on more content. That just means we won't have to wait forever for additional maps, co-op levels, etc. Look at CoD4, an amazing game and a popular game and we got our one and only map pack 5-6 months after the release of the game. That seems like forever these days to wait when you have games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band getting content weekly immediately after release.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Diamond

Well at least the game really is done, and coming out in a few days rather than months away.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @LiquidPrince: gimped? "
    Sorry, my friend says it all the time so its stuck in my head, even if it doesn't make sense. I meant like cut out of the main release.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yummylee
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    Sorry, my friend says it all the time so its stuck in my head, even if it doesn't make sense. I meant like cut out of the main release. "

Ohh roight, need to plunger that out of yah head i'd say =P 
    And well thats just my assumption, they may say its only been announced but the fact that the game will be released long after it was probably completed, suggests to me they wanted to work on DLC which will get its release soon after..when with the time they had in between the completion and release they could of just added it in. A game can never have enough content...no matter how greedy that probably makes me sound =P 
     I mean I'm not going to go on a rampage over it though, just a lil nuisance i couldn't help but speak out with.
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lard
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " Why is it assumed that if there is DLC coming, then the main release has in some way been gimped? "
    If a game has DLC withheld that should have been on the disc - then the retail release is gimped.

In the sense that you are paying for a full retail release, but aren't actually getting it.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By mordukai
    @Lard said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    " Why is it assumed that if there is DLC coming, then the main release has in some way been gimped? "
    If a game has DLC withheld that should have been on the disc - then the retail release is gimped.  In the sense that you are paying for a full retail release, but aren't actually getting it. "
    How do you know it was withheld, huh? Do you work at Naughty Dog or at Sony?  
    Did you ever stop to think that maybe they just didn't have enough time to finish it?   
    Maybe Naughty Dog and Sony just didn't expect the MP to be received to well, it is they first foray into MP you know. Maybe because of the great reception the betas got Naughty Dog decided to make more maps for the game. 
    You know they do have a schedule and delivery dates to stand by. If DLC comes on day one as in MW2 and Forza 3 then you can assume that they were held back. 
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lard

I wasn't specifically singling out Uncharted 2, so stop getting your panties in a twist. 
    I was talking about the larger issue of content being withheld from a game to be sold, or unlocked, later. 

Naughty Dog is not the only publisher doing it - Square, Namco, Capcom, EA, Activision - everyone is guilty.

And it's why this gen sucks.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By sjschmidt93
     @Lard said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    If a game has DLC withheld that should have been on the disc - then the retail release is gimped.  In the sense that you are paying for a full retail release, but aren't actually getting it. "
    I hate that argument.

You ARE getting the full retail release, aren't you? I believe you just bought it. It's not half a disc.  

Seriously, just because DLC is going to come out doesn't mean they yanked it from the disc, they may have started working on it BEFORE the game came out but who gives a shit, they probably set a number of maps they wanted on the disc long ago and the probably met it, besides, you don't even know when this is coming out. If it comes out in two months would have rather had the game come out in December or just get the DLC then?
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lard
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    "  @Lard said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    I hate that argument. You ARE getting the full retail release, aren't you? I believe you just bought it. It's not half a disc.    Seriously, just because DLC is going to come out doesn't mean they yanked it from the disc, they may have started working on it BEFORE the game came out but who gives a shit, they probably set a number of maps they wanted on the disc long ago and the probably met it, besides, you don't even know when this is coming out. If it comes out in two months would have rather had the game come out in December or just get the DLC then? "
    I don't care whether you hate it, it's a fact. 

You are not getting the full release of the game if a publisher releases DLC for it.
    Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Tiwi

@Lard: yes you are. 
    that's like bitching over that burnout paradise was not a complete game until you had every DL. 
    IT IS AND IT WAS. 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Lard said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    "  @Lard said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    I hate that argument. You ARE getting the full retail release, aren't you? I believe you just bought it. It's not half a disc.    Seriously, just because DLC is going to come out doesn't mean they yanked it from the disc, they may have started working on it BEFORE the game came out but who gives a shit, they probably set a number of maps they wanted on the disc long ago and the probably met it, besides, you don't even know when this is coming out. If it comes out in two months would have rather had the game come out in December or just get the DLC then? "
    I don't care whether you hate it, it's a fact.   You are not getting the full release of the game if a publisher releases DLC for it. "
    That's bullshit. This game is filled to the brim with content. Any DLC afterwards is merely being released to show that they are still supporting t he product, and to help as have evn more fun. For example I heard that they are planning on converting levels from Uncharted 1 into multiplayer levels for Uncharted 2. That is because fans asked for it, not because they shart handed the retail release.
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Griddler

Awesome, more Uncharted 2 on the way :D

Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
    DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about another single player campaign, about four chapters long, where Drake has to go about two blocks down the street to collect his dry cleaning.

Awesome.

Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lard
    @tiwi said:
    " @Lard: yes you are. that's like bitching over that burnout paradise was not a complete game until you had every DL. IT IS AND IT WAS.  "
    Isn't and wasn't

@LiquidPrince said:
    " @Lard said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    "  @Lard said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    I don't care whether you hate it, it's a fact.   You are not getting the full release of the game if a publisher releases DLC for it. "
    That's bullshit. This game is filled to the brim with content. Any DLC afterwards is merely being released to show that they are still supporting t he product, and to help as have evn more fun. For example I heard that they are planning on converting levels from Uncharted 1 into multiplayer levels for Uncharted 2. That is because fans asked for it, not because they shart handed the retail release. "

What the fuck is the point of Blu-Ray if everything is going to be released as DLC?

DLC is just a way to screw consumers.
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @Lard said:
    " @tiwi said:
    " @Lard: yes you are. that's like bitching over that burnout paradise was not a complete game until you had every DL. IT IS AND IT WAS.  "
    Isn't and wasn't

@LiquidPrince said:
    " @Lard said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    "  @Lard said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    That's bullshit. This game is filled to the brim with content. Any DLC afterwards is merely being released to show that they are still supporting t he product, and to help as have evn more fun. For example I heard that they are planning on converting levels from Uncharted 1 into multiplayer levels for Uncharted 2. That is because fans asked for it, not because they shart handed the retail release. "
    What the fuck is the point of Blu-Ray if everything is going to be released as DLC?  DLC is just a way to screw consumers. "
    What about free DLC? What's the point of it? It isn't screwing anyone over, unless you want to make a bandwidth argument or something stupid. 
    killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By killdave
    @Abyssfull said:

*offensive* slang. A physically disabled person, esp one who is lame
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lard
    @SJSchmidt93: How often is stuff released for free?
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Yummylee
    @killdave said:
    " @Abyssfull said:

*offensive* slang. A physically disabled person, esp one who is lame "

Lovely
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @Lard said:

" @SJSchmidt93: How often is stuff released for free? "  

The frequency isn't relevant. 

But if you must know... Batman, LittleBigPlanet, MGS4, Burnout, some Rock Band DLC.... lots of it. 

Oh, and I suppose that you want Rock Band 3 to ship with 1,000 songs right?
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iamjohn

I think the point was that the DLC won't be free, duder. 

But that doesn't bother me.  They create a couple brand new co-op campaigns, they get my money.  Co-op is sweet ass!

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By bonbolapti

@Lard: DLC has nothing to do with leaving content out, it's there to add Longevity into the games experience. 

Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lard
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @Lard said:

" @SJSchmidt93: How often is stuff released for free? "  

The frequency isn't relevant.  But if you must know... Batman, LittleBigPlanet, MGS4, Burnout, some Rock Band DLC.... lots of it.  Oh, and I suppose that you want Rock Band 3 to ship with 1,000 songs right? "
    No - but having them as DLC ensures they aren't interchangable between versions of the game - unless you're willing to pay an activation fee.

Once again, gouging the customer. @bonbolapti said:
    "

@Lard: DLC has nothing to do with leaving content out, it's there to add Longevity into the games experience. 

"
    It screws the customer.
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Yes, developers will start working on DLC before the full game is released, but the extra content cannot be finalized in time to be put on the disc. This is why DLC can sometimes be launched the same date as the game, or shortly after. It isn't hard to understand. You either get DLC, or you get the game delayed, which is kind of pointless to do for just a few multiplayer maps or whatever. 

And yes, I'm sure there are a couple of developers who might not put content on the disc when they could have so they can make some extra money off DLC, but I don't think that is the case with Naughty Dog.

I personally want them to release a bunch of Co-op maps! I love the three levels we already have and have replayed them over and over online, but I want more!

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By bonbolapti
    @Lard: Naw, it's there if they want it.
    donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By donchipotle
    @Lard said:
    " @SJSchmidt93 said:
    "  @Lard said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:

Yeah. because Oblivion wasn't really complete until they added horse armor.
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lard

No, but they were screwing customers by charging for it.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Tiwi
    @Lard said:

" No, but they were screwing customers by charging for it. "

they were?
    oh I didn't realize they forced you to buy it.
    and ask anyone who bought burnout if they would have bought it  if it had NO DLC. they would say yes. because it's a full game.
    ask anyone who bought Gears of war if they would have bought it if it had no DLC.  they would say yes. because it's a full game.  
     ask anyone who brought Fallout 3 if they would have bought it if it had no DLC.  they would say yes. because it's a full game. 
      ask anyone who bought LBP if they would have bought it if it had no DLC.  they would say yes. because it's a full game. 
      ask anyone who bought Halo 3 if they would have bought it if it had no DLC.  they would say yes. because it's a full game.  

it's not like they're  forcing you to buy it, but it's good to have if people liked your game. 
    that's like bitching, again, over that PSN games and XBLA games are not full games and therefor they suck, and the developer is screwing us over.
    no they're not, they just made a smaller game.
    If shadow complex got DLC i would buy it in a minute, because i liked it, but i would never buy fallout DLC because it's too much for me.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SJSchmidt93 said:
    "  I hate that argument. You ARE getting the full retail release, aren't you? I believe you just bought it. It's not half a disc.   "
    Beautiful Katamari would disagree with you
    klownboots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By klownboots
    @LiquidPrince said:
    The same reason some people claim the single player was gimped by the inclusion of a multiplayer....

Something I will never understand.
    walang_hiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By walang_hiya

awesome cant wait for the dlc to come.

Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lard
    @tiwi said:
    " @Lard said:

they were? oh I didn't realize they forced you to buy it. and ask anyone who bought burnout if they would have bought it  if it had NO DLC. they would say yes. because it's a full game. ask anyone who bought Gears of war if they would have bought it if it had no DLC.  they would say yes. because it's a full game.    ask anyone who brought Fallout 3 if they would have bought it if it had no DLC.  they would say yes. because it's a full game.    ask anyone who bought LBP if they would have bought it if it had no DLC.  they would say yes. because it's a full game.    ask anyone who bought Halo 3 if they would have bought it if it had no DLC.  they would say yes. because it's a full game.       it's not like they're  forcing you to buy it, but it's good to have if people liked your game.  that's like bitching, again, over that PSN games and XBLA games are not full games and therefor they suck, and the developer is screwing us over. no they're not, they just made a smaller game. If shadow complex got DLC i would buy it in a minute, because i liked it, but i would never buy fallout DLC because it's too much for me. "

They  *are* forcing you to buy it if you want the full game. 
    Selling the real ending to Prince of Persia as DLC is a perfect example.
    People who buy DLC are ruining the games industry.
    Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Tiwi
    @Lard said:
    " @tiwi said:
    " @Lard said:

they were? oh I didn't realize they forced you to buy it. and ask anyone who bought burnout if they would have bought it  if it had NO DLC. they would say yes. because it's a full game. ask anyone who bought Gears of war if they would have bought it if it had no DLC.  they would say yes. because it's a full game.    ask anyone who brought Fallout 3 if they would have bought it if it had no DLC.  they would say yes. because it's a full game.    ask anyone who bought LBP if they would have bought it if it had no DLC.  they would say yes. because it's a full game.    ask anyone who bought Halo 3 if they would have bought it if it had no DLC.  they would say yes. because it's a full game.       it's not like they're  forcing you to buy it, but it's good to have if people liked your game.  that's like bitching, again, over that PSN games and XBLA games are not full games and therefor they suck, and the developer is screwing us over. no they're not, they just made a smaller game. If shadow complex got DLC i would buy it in a minute, because i liked it, but i would never buy fallout DLC because it's too much for me. "
     They  *are* forcing you to buy it if you want the full game.  Selling the real ending to Prince of Persia as DLC is a perfect example. People who buy DLC are ruining the games industry. "
    They didn't have to give us a PP DLC.
    I'm not going to say that some are not punping us for money. but things like the GTA eps are not ripoffs. 
    and NO they are not, forcing you in any way. that's like saying that the store force me to buy pickles if I'm going to make a hamburger. it's just not true. 
    ExcessDebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ExcessDebris

That's a ridiculous argument. @Lard. Your argument implies that if a game has no DLC then it is complete, and if the exact same game is released and then the company makes DLC it is no longer complete. The additional content is budgeted completely differently. If the DLC was not paid for separately it simply would not exist because the man-hours and resources required to make it are not budgeted in the price of the disc. If you don't like the extra content, don't buy it, but if it didn't cost extra, it wouldn't exist and the people who want more content for their games would be out of luck. 

Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Turtlemayor333

DLC conspiracy theorists are the best, but to keep it short, the point is this: 

There is both good and bad DLC. There is both paid and free DLC. You shouldn't speak in absolutes.

Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lard
    @tiwi said:
    " They didn't have to give us a PP DLC. I'm not going to say that some are not punping us for money. but things like the GTA eps are not ripoffs.  and NO they are not, forcing you in any way. that's like saying that the store force me to buy pickles if I'm going to make a hamburger. it's just not true.  "
    A more appropriate analogy would be that you buy a jar of pickles that is 3/4 full, and then the grocery store offers to sell you the rest of the jar and deliver it to your house .

@DrHorrible256 said:
    "Your argument implies that if a game has no DLC then it is complete, and if the exact same game is released and then the company makes DLC it is no longer complete.   "
    That is correct.  The above argument is mine, and is indisputably fact.

@Turtlemayor333 said:
    "There is both good and bad DLC. "
    There is no good DLC.
    Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By Cub3
    @DrHorrible256 said:
    " That's a ridiculous argument. @Lard. Your argument implies that if a game has no DLC then it is complete, and if the exact same game is released and then the company makes DLC it is no longer complete. The additional content is budgeted completely differently. If the DLC was not paid for separately it simply would not exist because the man-hours and resources required to make it are not budgeted in the price of the disc. If you don't like the extra content, don't buy it, but if it didn't cost extra, it wouldn't exist and the people who want more content for their games would be out of luck.  "
    I agree with you man. but welcome to the internet, the land of stupid, ridiculous arguments.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I hope its a free download.

Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By Cub3
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    " I hope its a free download. "
    Chances for that are slim. If sony can make more money, They are going to take advantage of that. I personally don't mind spending 5 or 10 bucks, as long as it's a substantial amount of content. 
    Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Tiwi
    @Lard said:
    " @tiwi said:
    " They didn't have to give us a PP DLC. I'm not going to say that some are not punping us for money. but things like the GTA eps are not ripoffs.  and NO they are not, forcing you in any way. that's like saying that the store force me to buy pickles if I'm going to make a hamburger. it's just not true.  "
    A more appropriate analogy would be that you buy a jar of pickles that is 3/4 full, and then the grocery store offers to sell you the rest of the jar and deliver it to your house .

How about this analogy: I go to the store to buy a can of pickles. at the store i meet a dude who stands in the face of the manager screaming. I ask why. well it turns out that he's mad the the store has an offer where they will give you an extra pickle if you play a little more. 
    then i say i don't want this pickles and the store owner says ok. then i go to another store, where they have the same deal only the pickles they sell a a little bad, and the ones you can buy on top of the first jar are better but they cost more.
    is the first guy ripping you off?
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lard
    @tiwi said:
     How about this analogy: I go to the store to buy a can of pickles. at the store i meet a dude who stands in the face of the manager screaming. I ask why. well it turns out that he's mad the the store has an offer where they will give you an extra pickle if you play (pay?) a little more.  then i say i don't want this pickles and the store owner says ok. then i go to another store, where they have the same deal only the pickles they sell a a little bad, and the ones you can buy on top of the first jar are better but they cost more. is the first guy ripping you off? "

I assume you meant "pay" instead of play, right? (Analogy makes more sense that way)

The difference being you *own* that pickle. It's tangible. You can eat it, make a sandwich, but it in your sister's sock, do whatever you want with it.

Not the same as DLC.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @HitmanAgent47 said:  
    I hope you and your pc are taken it out in a fucking epic fire :\
    BRNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BRNK

@Lard - You are an imbecile without even the faintest glimmer of how production hours on a title are budgeted. DLC is a separate project, with a separate budget. You are essentially complaining about not getting HBO when you've paid for basic cable. 
    All DLC is evil, huh? Everyone that buys it is killing the games industry? Did it ever occur to you that the digital distribution model offers developers a much larger cut than the physical distribution model? They're able to cut Gamestop's bullshit out of the loop... thus developer makes more money ... thus developer has more money to make games. 

A Case Study

Consider what would happen if CoD: WaW never had any DLC, but rather Treyarch spent extra time making all the extra content and shipped it on the disk. First and most obviously the ship date would have been bumped back substantially. Second what would have been included would most likely have been a bunch of shit nobody wanted, e.g. tons of vehicular maps. Without the benefit of play stats from the community, Treyarch would never have known most of us hated tanks. When they released the game, they were super stoked on vehicular MP modes. They also wouldn't have known how popular Nazi Zombies would have been and would never have expanded it into the full-featured (and awesome) mode it is today. 
    So you see, without DLC there is no community-informed content, without community informed content, we get less of what we want and more of what we don't. Really, how hard is this understand?
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Yummylee

According to gametrailers, as expected it'll feature maps, characters and ''things like that'' but the best part is at least some will be free of charge 8)...awesome. 
     http://www.gametrailers.com/news/uncharted-2-dlc-en-route/1493     

So hoping for some character skins and re-coordinated maps from the original for multiplayer. Some coop missions featuring some of the uncharted 1's chapters would be a very nice surprise too =D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.