Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Am I alone in thinking the Beta felt better?

BatmanReturned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BatmanReturned

Everything from the way the game feels and controls to the weapon balancing (especially the AK) just feels way off in a bad way from what was in the beta just 3 months ago. Trying to work through it and adjust but for some reason this near final product for some reason feels inferior, at least to my sensibilities.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You are not alone. I prefer the July beta by miles. It got me so excited for UC3. I never play multiplayer games on consoles, but I was planning to sink a lot of time in this one. Then this Subway promo came along and they had ruined everything. Now it's just a bunch of sprinting constantly and blindfiring followed by a melee attack. It's turned into a game of luck. Even when I'm doing really well, it doesn't feel like it's because of my skill and it's just an unsatisfying experience all around. The game in the state it was in at the end of the beta was perfect. I really don't get why Naughty Dog decided to change everything when the response had been so positive. Hopefully they see sense and just revert back to the beta before the full game releases. It pisses me off how Naughty Dog teases me with gaming perfection and then takes it away. They're fucking bullies. 

The only reason I've gotten to level 33 and keep playing it is because I want to unlock stuff since I believe that there is no way Naughty Dog wouldn't bring back the beta version after all the negative feedback they've been getting. They can't be that stupid.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Three0neFive

Haven't played the final release, but the beta felt like a clusterfuck of mechanics taken from every popular shooter in the past 5 years - there's no focus, nothing that makes it stand out the way Uncharted 2's multiplayer did.

Focus testing at its worst.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#4  Edited By MightyDuck

This sounds pretty disheartening. I honestly enjoyed the beta over the summer. I'll have to get around to somehow getting a code from Subway to see it for myself.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By spankingaddict

The saying " Am I alone ?" is my new pet peeve... Anyone else with me , or am I alone ? :D

Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my pet peeves about JAV is how everyone makes slurping noises whenever they do something with their mouth. It's so gross.
    Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By Stealthmaster86

Trust me, you are not alone. I prefer the July Beta as well as most of the Naughty Dog forum members and NeoGAF.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By HadesTimes

I think the damage has been tweaked. That's about the only noticeable thing I've seen.

Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This video demonstrates the problem with the game as it is now. Pressing L1 is for losers.
    SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I really liked the beta, but this looks bad...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

Fucking yes! I was downright addicted to the summer beta, yet with this subway thing I've only actually clocked in around 5 hours; level 17 atm, when for the original beta I left my first sitting at around level 28. It doesn't have that same pull, it didn't have what made the summer beta so invigorating to keep me in. I still don't know why it is, but it definitely feels different and worse off because of it.

The damage modifiers is the most obvious reason; the AK is completely nerfed for one and I've noticed they slipped in the original power-house aspect for the arm-micro. So many times do people just run up with that POS and end me in seconds. Sure I could apply the same tactic, but it's so fucking disgusting that I wouldn't want to demean myself to that level of play.

Also lol

@Scrumdidlyumptious said:

This video demonstrates the problem with the game as it is now. Pressing L1 is for losers.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Cloudenvy

I still play it like a cover shooter and end up shooting most of the dudes sprinting across the map..I'm having loads of fun!

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By recroulette

Rolling while dropping a grenade is very effective against the blindfire/melee folks.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By benjaebe

It took some getting used to but I'm having a pretty good time with it overall. I did enjoy the July beta more, but I can't imagine they won't tweak some things now that people are playing and putting out some negative feedback.

The maps are awesome though.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By ozzdog12

@BatmanReturned: As I said in another thread....

Idk about you people, but either my connection has turned into complete shit or they made some drastic changes to the mulitplayer since the beta back in July. The beta( we are talking beta now) was really good and fun, but this 'newer' beta is not fun and turned into a third person COD.

Im not the best Uncharted player in the world, but my i am good, i know k/d isnt important to some people and doesn't necessarily show 'skill', but its the only way I can get my point across, but my k/d in U2 and even the beta was average around 3/1, but now im lucky to get 1/1, most of the time going negative....and it has nothing to do with skill and you dont just get bad at something overnight unless something changes. Yes, the core gameplay is the same, but I used to drop somebody with half a clip with an AK47, now i can barely kill someone with a full clip( and yes im hitting them as the reticle and click indicates) but i get dropped in 3 or 4 shots with the same gun and dont even get me started on the inconsistent melee.....

What the hell happened?

Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kickinthehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By kickinthehead

Whoo hoo! I can't wait to try it again. I remember getting pretty ok with the G-MAL in the first beta but lately I've been terrible. I wonder if this update restores what it was like before. And as much as I sometimes end up abusing blindfire/melee I'm glad to see these changes to tone it down because even I was getting tired of seeing nothing but blindfire from all sides. I at least hope to aspire to expanding my method of play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.