Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

An apology to all Uncharted 3 players

takeshikitano3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By takeshikitano3

I'm that guy. The one who keeps playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer despite being horrible at it. My kill/death ratio according to some quick math off the Naughty Dog stats site is .42 and I'm actually surprised it isn't lower. I've managed to get up to level 19 because I've put in 6 hours and have still had so much fun this entire time. I learn from mistakes but still end up making stupid decisions. Perhaps in a game where you always respawn I'm much more willing to sacrifice myself for... the greater good? I don't know, sometimes haha. 2 out of every 3 of my kills is via melee. Once I got Drake's AK thanks to Subway, and I see how much more accurate the blindfire is, I just run up to people while shooting and then punch them out. But I'd bet on at least half of those they knock me out at the same time. Oh how I love taking people down with me.

But I'm working on being as useful as possible though my aim isn't very good. I get a lot of assists, and try to help teammates out. Been playing a lot of Team Objective and have been the points leader for my team a few times by going for the actual objectives and not so much the kills.

I did very little competitive multiplayer on Uncharted 2 and a ton of co-op. Thought it'd be the same with U3 but since co-op isn't out yet I've really gotten into this. I intend to keep leveling up, and to try desperately to earn more treasures. I've gotten a handful so far, and won't be dropping that booster that aids in treasure acquisition anytime soon. If you see me in-game in red, yes I'm an easy kill. If you see me in green, just follow behind, use me as a shield, and pick up after my mess please.

takeshikitano3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By takeshikitano3

I'm that guy. The one who keeps playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer despite being horrible at it. My kill/death ratio according to some quick math off the Naughty Dog stats site is .42 and I'm actually surprised it isn't lower. I've managed to get up to level 19 because I've put in 6 hours and have still had so much fun this entire time. I learn from mistakes but still end up making stupid decisions. Perhaps in a game where you always respawn I'm much more willing to sacrifice myself for... the greater good? I don't know, sometimes haha. 2 out of every 3 of my kills is via melee. Once I got Drake's AK thanks to Subway, and I see how much more accurate the blindfire is, I just run up to people while shooting and then punch them out. But I'd bet on at least half of those they knock me out at the same time. Oh how I love taking people down with me.

But I'm working on being as useful as possible though my aim isn't very good. I get a lot of assists, and try to help teammates out. Been playing a lot of Team Objective and have been the points leader for my team a few times by going for the actual objectives and not so much the kills.

I did very little competitive multiplayer on Uncharted 2 and a ton of co-op. Thought it'd be the same with U3 but since co-op isn't out yet I've really gotten into this. I intend to keep leveling up, and to try desperately to earn more treasures. I've gotten a handful so far, and won't be dropping that booster that aids in treasure acquisition anytime soon. If you see me in-game in red, yes I'm an easy kill. If you see me in green, just follow behind, use me as a shield, and pick up after my mess please.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By N7

You're welcome.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
    James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By James_ex_machina

Your post reminds me of when I used to play Counter Strike. I loved playing but I wasn't that good.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TehBuLL

I'm exactly the same. Usually it is OK but when two of us liabilities are on the same team is when it goes real bad.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I'm really awful at the Uncharted 3 multiplayer as well. Which is strange because I was pretty decent at it in Uncharted 2.

Oh well.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cloudenvy

Uncharted is the only multiplayer I'm good at, which makes me sad.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ozzdog12

@takeshikitano3 said:

The Greater good.....

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ozzdog12

@ImpendingFoil said:

I'm really awful at the Uncharted 3 multiplayer as well. Which is strange because I was pretty decent at it in Uncharted 2.

Oh well.

Thats because U2 was good, U3 multi(as it stands right now) is awful

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By hoossy

@takeshikitano3:

It would be an honor to shoot you

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Legend

You're helping the other team win, so it's not all bad. I'm sure they appreciate it. :P

takeshikitano3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By takeshikitano3

My win/loss is 26 to 25 I think, so I'm not causing my team to lose too much. But definitely helping on the player to player level if others are seeking cash off me haha.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jozzy

You are basically describing me in any (multiplayer) game. I got booted out of 2 dungeon defenders teams last night for god sake, and I was actually trying my best...

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Aegon

This makes me reminisce about an amazing match in Uncharted 2. My team was losing pretty badly, but I somehow started making kills left and right and my team got a boost out of it. It was like I was leading a rebellion. We were so close. I think you needed 50 or 51 kills to win in death match. We lost with 49. I felt bad at the moment, but looking back on it, it was fucking awesome. 

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By McShank

Mine is probably just as bad :( I slowly get better as the more i play but it is very hard to get a K/D ratio that is in the positives.

priorityseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By priorityseven

I feel ya man. Worry about the fun your having, not whatever stats are being thrown at you. After all, it's a game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.