Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

BALONEY!

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By turboman

I just finished through Uncharted 3, and man, what an incredible game!

One thing really bugged me however: After Drake is in the desert and finds the abandoned city, why on earth is the city filled with an entire army of dudes trying to kill you?

Sure, the payoff of Drake finding the dude drinking fresh water and him dropping the container when he sees Drake was a great little moment, but I did not buy Drake having the energy to conquer about 4 arena areas filled with enemies by himself after coming from the desert. I understand that it's a video game and the hero always wins, but that entire chapter made no sense to me at all. That combat scenario could have been skipped by just having that dude on a horse finding you in the city.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By donchipotle

Because the dudes in the city are Marlowe's men who were waiting for the cargo plane to land.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By Marz

best i could say.... it's a game yo....  i mean in uncharted 2 he was shot in the belly and halfway dead... yet he still finds the power to fight tons of dudes after the train wreck.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

Aren't they in the area looking for Ubar?

Yeah Drake being on his last legs then all of the sudden being able to handly murder a large group of well armed soldiers is pretty video gamey. Would be pretty cool if between arena's Drake just straight up collapses and you gotta struggle to get him up on his feet.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By donchipotle

I like to think that he got a second wind and also adrenaline is a hell of a thing.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6  Edited By turboman

@DonChipotle: did they explain that? I might have missed that part if they did, since that's the best answer I've read (though I thought the plane was meant to drop cargo right on top of Marlowe and where Sully was at, not an abandoned city.

@Marz said:

best i could say.... it's a game yo.... i mean in uncharted 2 he was shot in the belly and halfway dead... yet he still finds the power to fight tons of dudes after the train wreck.

It definitely reminded me of that at first, but I felt much more of Drake just digging into survival mode after he's been shot and escaped from a train... It's hard to just walk if you've been stranded in the desert for multiple days without any water.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By donchipotle

@TurboMan Drake casually mentions it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

Because laziness--the design part, I mean. I'm totally willing to buy into the ''hey, this is a videogame, remember?'' mentality, but that right there was just silly. The least they could of done was allowed Drake to find some water so it wouldn't completely shatter my disbelief than Nathan Drake isn't some kind of Marvel comic waiting to happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.