Elena has a ring on her finger

#1 Posted by AuthenticM (3700 posts) -

There is totally a ring on her left annularis... but not Drake! Did they break up? If yes, that's quite lame; Naughty Dog is basically recycling plot points, as that's exactly what happened between Uncharted 1 and 2.

#2 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

She could be engaged to Drake.

#3 Posted by Klaimore (945 posts) -

You are right I just watched the trailer to confirm. Maybe the ring that lady was putting into that device was it? Or maybe it was just a promise/engagement ring? I guess we'll know soon enough.

#4 Posted by mordukai (7140 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:

There is totally a ring on her left annularis... but not Drake! Did they break up? If yes, that's quite lame; Naughty Dog is basically recycling plot points, as that's exactly what happened between Uncharted 1 and 2.

So Amy Hennig is the head writer ok. She wrote all the legacy of kain (save for blood omen 2) and the previous uncharted games. Give her some slack dude. 
#5 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

I think she's wearing Nate's Francis Drake ring.

#6 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Maybe it's a pre-engagement ring.

#7 Posted by mordukai (7140 posts) -
@PrivateIronTFU said:

maybe it's a promise ring. 
#8 Posted by csl316 (8172 posts) -

@Mordukai said:

@AuthenticM said:

So Amy Hennig is the head writer ok. She wrote all the legacy of kain (save for blood omen 2) and the previous uncharted games. Give her some slack dude.

Amy Hennig is amazing, she can do no wrong. If you say differently, I'll cover my ears/eyes.

#9 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

It's not fancy enough to be an engagement ring. I think it's Francis Drake's.

#10 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
@PrivateIronTFU said:

Or its a friendship, prepromise, pre-engagement ring
#11 Edited by MiniPato (2721 posts) -

So is this the Uncharted where we get cheesy ass marriage proposals like in MGS4 and Pirate of the Caribbean 3?

#12 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@StaticFalconar said:

@Mordukai said:
@PrivateIronTFU said:

Or hell, maybe it's just a ring.

#13 Posted by Vertrucio (145 posts) -
No where in the trailer is there any kind of animosity between Nate and Elena. In fact, she's playfully inquisitive, in that way a fiancee might be if she knew her daredevil husband to be was getting into trouble the way he usually does.

Besides, Drake already has a ring for himself. 

Nate and Elena lead different lives honestly. The reason why she's not in every single seen, attached at the hip to Drake is that: A) She's not that kind of girl, B) Drake's not that kind of guy, C) Elena has a career that takes her other places in the world, D) Drake has his own sort of career that takes him to other places.
#14 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

Uncharted 3 is gonna end with Drake and Elena at their wedding and Drake will put his ring on Elena and they'll kiss, while Sully and Chloe will be in crowd, cheering.

Callin' it!

#15 Posted by Vertrucio (145 posts) -

So long as it doesn't end with Shia Labeouf standing in the background with a half-tuck.

#16 Posted by onimonkii (2430 posts) -

unrelated: does anyone else hope the next game is a prequel game starring a young sully?

the vita game also would have been a good place for this.

#17 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

SQUEEEE

#18 Posted by DeF (4810 posts) -

I don't care, I'm just happy that both Elena and Chloe are back!

#19 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

eh, as long as shit blows up real good and that Chloe acts all sassy I'm ok

#20 Edited by PenguinDust (12455 posts) -

The ring in question
I hope it's an engagement ring or maybe they got married already and the lady at the start steals Nathan's ring which is why he wants it back so adamantly.   My fear is that Naughty Dog might take the easy way out and follow that old and tired cliché of the woman getting tired of waiting for the dashing rogue to pop the question and settles on some stable, boring guy who she doesn't love as much.  The original pair go off on an adventure and their old spark is reignited.  He also comes to understand that she's an important part of his life and losing her a second time would be too painful.  They two are married and sail into the sunset.  Roll credits.  That's how Hollywood explains these story tropes all the time.
#21 Posted by RVonE (4607 posts) -

Elena is engaged to Chloe.

#22 Posted by AuthenticM (3700 posts) -

@PenguinDust: Except that Hollywood never advocates divorce from a stable relationship. If Uncharted does go down the clichéd road of the girl settling down with a boring, but loving, man, I fear that the game will mimic its non-interactive counterpart and Nate and Elena will not end up with each other in the end. And I don't want this to happen, goddamnit it! *nerdrage*

@RVonE: Dude... :)

#23 Posted by PenguinDust (12455 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:

@PenguinDust: Except that Hollywood never advocates divorce from a stable relationship. If Uncharted does go down the clichéd road of the girl settling down with a boring, but loving, man, I fear that the game will mimic its non-interactive counterpart and Nate and Elena will not end up with each other in the end. And I don't want this to happen, goddamnit it! *nerdrage*

That is true, however Hollywood has a way around that by revealing that the boring, stable guy is actually a criminal mastermind and after he gets his comeuppance, the two lovers are then free to move forward with their relationship.  It's always the quiet ones who turn out to be the villain, as they say in movie-land.   I, too would froth nerdrage if Elena got on a plane at the end of the game with Victor Laszlo leaving Nathan to start a beautiful friendship with Claude Rains.  So here's hoping that if they go the "married to someone else" route, the bespectacled schulb is actually a sadistic tyrant willing to sacrifice his new bride for riches and power.  Hypothetically.
#24 Edited by Venatio (4482 posts) -

Man I totally missed that, I really hope that they didn't break up YET AGAIN, the whole second game was about them finding eachother again, so to speak, and I hope they don't mess it up with some will they or won't they bullshit, because I was hoping we were past that with them

#25 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -

She actually stole my ring guys.

#26 Posted by Crono (2643 posts) -

Maybe its a decoder ring? Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!

#27 Edited by RVonE (4607 posts) -

@Sezzilla said:

@RVonE said:

Elena is engaged to Chloe.

That's amazing ^_^ *laughs like a hyena*

@AuthenticM

said:

@RVonE: Dude... :)

I know it's what we all want.

EDIT: cleaned up the quotes.

#28 Posted by Chop (1995 posts) -

My theory? 

She is engaged to Sully and the new triangle is Sully, Elena, and Chloe. Lets be honest...what girl would pick Drake when Sully is an option?

#29 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

No, Chloe and Elena are getting married...

#30 Edited by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

Its actually an abstinence ring

#31 Posted by Psycosis (389 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@StaticFalconar said:

@Mordukai said:
@PrivateIronTFU said:

Or hell, maybe it's just a ring.

Pfft, now you're just being crazy.

#32 Posted by TheHBK (5466 posts) -

Maybe she is replacing Ryan Reynolds as the new Green Lantern?

#33 Posted by TanoPrime (180 posts) -

It's a friendship ring from a cracker jack box.
#34 Posted by sfighter21 (795 posts) -

That really looks like Drake's ring.  Feel like she is wearing it for "safekeeping"?  Although, I would imagine that would put her in greater danger.  Unless none of the enemies know about her or her importance to Nate.  I like the idea of it being Nate's ring instead of a wedding band.  By the way, engagement rings USUALLY have a diamond on them... FYI.

#35 Posted by CallofSpartansofWar1337 (95 posts) -

drake lyk it so he put a rng on it!! lol!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.