Hello people I've been obsessed with the multiplayer for UC since the second game and would love more Giant Bomb people to play it but hey. Anyway here's a sure fire way to get treasure quickly so have a read and get some friends together and try it.
I have got a stickied thread in this forum section if you want to add Giant Bomb Uncharted players btw.
Copied from the Naughty Dog Forums.
This thread is going to show you how to get a huge amount of kills and as a result a huge amount of treasure drops in Co-op Arena. There have been a couple of strategies suggested in other threads but we believe what we have found is the most effective and consistent way to get treasures in Co-op Arena. There's no special way to increase drop rate, there's no power weapon that will help and it's nothing to do with timing. If you want treasure, you gotta get kills...a lot of kills!
Some people had asked for a video to see how it's done, here's an example game of me and my friends doing it. In this game we got 32 treasures.
By the way, it should be noted that for the video i obviously edited it with the best parts so it's more entertaining to watch. You will not always get drops so often or close to eachother. Sometime we have had to go more than 10 minutes without a drop, but eventually it will happen.
1. Match settings
To get started, create a custom game and select Chateau as the map. For the difficulty, select Crushing (It could work equally well on other difficulties, hasn't been confirmed yet though). It can be done with 2 or 3 players, we recommend 3 players for maximum effectiveness!
2. Siege in round 1
The next step is to get Siege as the first mode. If it's anything else, quit and restart until you get Siege. Once you have Siege on round 1 you need to check the capture territory is behind where you spawned. There's 3 possible territories in Siege on Chateau, as long as it's not the one in front of you as you initially spawn by M-32 Hammer and cars you are good to go. If you get the territory in front of you, kill yourselves and reset the territory until it's behind you.
3. Flipping the spawn
Now that you have the correct Siege territory, head over to it and kill 7 enemies, this is important, kill 7 enemies so you have 18 remaining in the bottom right corner. What you will notice is that once it hits 18, the enemies will start spawning on the other side by the M-32 Hammer and cars, so all players run over there!
4. Controlling the spawn points
The enemies will now start spawning in 3 different places, each player has to take a different spawn point and control it. Use the diagram I have created below to see where each spawn point is.
5. Kill, kill, kill...
An infinite amount of enemies will drop down from these areas and all you and your buddies have to do is stand there and kill them as they drop down. What's so good about this strategy is you are playing on round 1 so only easy enemies will spawn. The huge pile of bodies in front of you also means you never run out of ammo. Essentially the game will never end as you are playing outside the Siege territory so the kills don't count down, but enemies still drop treasure.
- Buy all the mods for you AK so you have better accuracy and more ammo.
- The Pistole is a really effective weapon for this. Pistole ammo is dropped by the enemies with an orange vest on.
- Me and my friends usually play until we have 1000 kills each (3000 total kills), and then end the game by killing ourselves. But that's just because we are paranoid that one of our PS3's will freeze and we will lose all our treasures, in theory you could do this all day! In a game with 3000 kills we will usually have collected around 40 treasures, sometimes more sometimes less. Better than going through a whole Arena game and getting 0 drops wouldn't you say?
- Don't stand too close to where the enemies drop down, then they won't spawn!
- Have your volume on high or look over at your buddies once in a while to make sure you don't miss any dropped treasures.
- Use Team Medic as your kickback, although you won't be getting any medals from your kills, it's the only useful kickback for this strategy as you won't have to run over to your buddies if they go down.
Also here is an easter egg for you to try out. I can't remember who found this out originally.
1: Only the first skins based on the character work, so you can NOT use Suited Drake, Desert Drake, Suited Sully, Young Sully, Suited Marlowe, Young Marlowe, Desert Talbot, Doughnut Talbot and I'm guessing all DLC.
2: You need both a long gun and a side gun based on the one character, so this rules Cutter out as he only has a long gun.
3: Each character loadout has it's own unique booster, I'll list them below.
Drake + Drake's AK + Drake's Para 9 = Explosive Buddy
Sully + Sully's Dragon + Sully's Arm Micro = For My Buddy
Elena + Elena's G-Mal + Elena's Raffica = Thanks Buddy
Chloe + Chloe's M9 + Chloe's Tau = For My Buddy
Marlowe + Marlowe's M9 + Marlowe's Para 9 = Sugar Buddy
Talbot + Talbot's Fal-SS + Talbot's Arm Micro = Stealth Buddy
Rameses + Rameses' Kal-7 + Rameses' Raffica = Booty Buddy
These are all I can find, (and I'm guessing they are the only ones). I had wondered if the Jade weapons worked with the custom hero's and villians, but it didn't do anything.