Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Hows the online?

Avatar image for lady_of_the_patriots
    Lady_of_the_patriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I loved the second ones online, jumping around and climbing shit and throwing guys off ledges while shooting rpgs and stuff was alot of fun the fist time around, but when I played the beta it felt stale. Yes I know it was a beta, but I just want to see if its the same as the second one, worse, better. Too me it felt worse than the second one.

I am trying to decide if I should buy the online pass or not. ( Yeah I know it comes with code usually but I have a used copy)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Pretty mixed apparently from what I've read, though for me personally I find it's fantastic; much superior over Uncharted 2's for its faster pace and wider array of play styles and tactics. It's easily the best part of the entire game.

EDIT: there's also plenty of folks you could posse up with on GB, too. It isn't as prevalent as other MP game communities here, but there's enough that we can get a full team runnin'.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By kingzetta

it's very good and a lot like Uncharted 2

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Cloudenvy

Pretty awesome, I think.

Lady_of_the_patriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just dont want to shell out ten bucks for online. Im tired of games doing that for games. Plus I have battlefield and gears so i dont know if i need another online game right now.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By benjaebe

It's really fun, I'm enjoying it a lot. The cooperative game modes are also pretty great to play with friends.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee

@Lady_of_the_patriots said:

I just dont want to shell out ten bucks for online. Im tired of games doing that for games. Plus I have battlefield and gears so i dont know if i need another online game right now.

Well with that said I think you've already made up your mind. I can't strictly judge whether you'd find it worthwhile since it's hard to say if you'll even have the time while you're bouncing between Gears and Battlefield.

Did you play the subway beta? Because it plays exactly like that after the final patch that nerfed the blindfiring mayhem. If you didn't enjoy it during that period, then the online pass is best given a miss.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kingzetta

why don't you buy it new, so you don't have to pay for the online?
    Lady_of_the_patriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingzetta said:

I get 50% off used games since my brother is an co-owner of a place called X-Games in the middle of spit-fuck nowhere in the mountians in colorado. were the only game store in our town so we get alot of trade-ins and such.

@Abyssfull said:

Well with that said I think you've already made up your mind. I can't strictly judge whether you'd find it worthwhile since it's hard to say if you'll even have the time while you're bouncing between Gears and Battlefield.

Did you play the subway beta? Because it plays exactly like that after the final patch that nerfed the blindfiring mayhem. If you didn't enjoy it during that period, then the online pass is best given a miss.

Thats how I feel, but I also dont want to wait till like december to get the online cuz then everyones going to be like level 50 or whatever the max is and I am just going to get my ass handed to me.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kingzetta

@kingzetta said:

I get 50% off used games since my brother is an co-owner of a place called X-Games in the middle of spit-fuck nowhere in the mountians in colorado. were the only game store in our town so we get alot of trade-ins and such.

Well if your already getting the game for 30 instead of 60 bucks. After ten more bucks your still 20 bucks ahead.
    Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Barrock

I enjoyed what I played. The Team Objective mode was a lot more fun than deathmatch.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nottle

The guns seem really jumpy to me and i find it really weird. But i'm only level 16 so I haven't played much

I really liked uncharted 2's multiplayer and the first uncharted 3 beta. But now I feel like there is too much stupid perk stuff.

I thought that the original beta had a cool idea, you'd frequently pick up treasure and that could give you an item that would go towards an accessory for your charcater. It reminded me of TF2. Your unlocks weren't based on skill as much as luck and sinking time into the game. I kind of liked that. I could be doing crappy but then I get some loot an unlock something neat.

Right now I don't feel that compelled to play it because none of my friends are online and I get kind of destroyed because everyone else has better guns and perks. Maybe its just that I was just playing Gears of War, but things feel weird now even though I liked the beta.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yummylee

@Lady_of_the_patriots:

lol... I'm afraid you're already too late. I've seen plenty of 60+'s already, no doubt attributed because of the subway beta before hand. But yeah, plenty of experienced players patrolling the lobbies just within the first week.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Marz

I like this multiplayer alot, there's alot more customization options than you could do in the second game with weapons, perks, unlocks, outfits and etc.   I mostly play plunder but team objective isn't bad at all.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Shadow

I'm loving it....ba-da-ba-ba-baaah

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I'm enjoying it more then I thought I would. What sold me on it was after me and some other person killed a dude we were able to high five over their corpse. Awesome touch.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EVO

@Barrock said:

The Team Objective mode was a lot more fun than deathmatch.

Yeah, I wish more developers would borrow this mode.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By huntad

I think the competitive is good so long as you pick Team Objective and the cooperative modes are all good.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I'm really enjoying it. Maps are fun and the customization stuff is great.

Fleatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fleatron

Do people still around spamming blind fire and then melee? That was the most effective way in the subway beta but was dumb as hell

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Aus_azn

I'm pretty much going to be rolling only in co-op. The beta's competitive MP wasn't fun, and once they nixed Co-op arena (or whatever the one vsAI was), I just outright stopped playing.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Hizang

I am enjoying it, I was a fan of Uncharted 2's and this seems pretty much the same. I like the inclusion of a lot of revamped Uncharted 2 maps, I also like the inclusion of customising weapons.

If anybody wants to play my PSN is Hizang.

SparkleMotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SparkleMotion

Which beta did you play? Current retail is better than the Subway Beta, but worse than the July Beta.

People blindfiring + meleeing is way down from the Subway Beta. I rarely see it happen.

Fleatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fleatron

@SparkleMotion said:

Which beta did you play? Current retail is better than the Subway Beta, but worse than the July Beta.

People blindfiring + meleeing is way down from the Subway Beta. I rarely see it happen.

Thanks a lot, I'll have to get into the MP.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By MEATBALL

Really loving Uncharted 3's multiplayer, it's definitely my favourite for the year.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#26  Edited By MachoFantastico

Was never to keen on the competitive modes, but absolutely loving co-op.

TheMathlete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By TheMathlete

I think both the competitive and coop multiplayer are great.

Plus my PSN is WheredyagoDavey if anyone wants to play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.